What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SourDiesel IBL - SourPheno

BlueMonk

Just came to this thread to learn a little more about SD. Trying it for the first time tonight.

Amazing the knowledge I gained from just reading a few pages. Always love Biohazard's explanations. Good job as usual my friend.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
BlueMonk,

Thanks. I'm always trying to understand as much as possible about the different variations of cannabis =]

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I recently heard somewhere that Bubba Kush may actually be: A great Bubblegum pheno from the Indiana project crosses with OG Kush.

That could easily be why I taste chemdawg/og kush traits on certain Bubba Kush's, while other don't resemble it as much for me.

Locoporro

very intense sour-skunky (without the perfumed, fruity side of the skunk) taste, lovely, but i would like it to be more lemon and less earthy, maybe i have to try it a little fresher...
To me this is the perfect description of SD "riri" by someone who didnt grow it , Sd riri& Uk cheese have exactly the same taste when they are fresh .... + some differents hints

When you light a joint of fresh UK cheese or SD riri , there is the same background taste , really sour (acide pour nous ?) which comes from the skunk side ...to me

Except if this taste come from the aghani side in the "cheese" cuz the exodus cheese leans to this Kushy-side......but there are several fruity hints in the cheese + this sour taste

And in the "riri" there is this "dieselish" taste + the sour taste ...

If i'm not wrong there is also a massachussets super skunk in the diesel genetics ... :dance013:

A picture from THC (french grower) which reinforce myself in my opinion/theory :biggrin:

Skunk 1 from Sensi Seeds , Feminised (i know :whistling: )

sour.jpg

Dont tell me guyz that this skunk1 doesnt look like SD "riri" , there are even the little leaves so typical from the sour ... :smokeit:

What do you think ?

Best vibes to All

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Locoporro, Sour Diesel is ['91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL]. I've never had the Riri cut specifically to verify, but people say its a little sweeter than most Sour Diesels. I wonder if it is one of the more Super Skunk x Hawaiian-Afghani pheno's?

ElRubio

Veteran
A picture from THC (french grower) which reinforce myself in my opinion/theory :biggrin:

Skunk 1 from Sensi Seeds , Feminised (i know :whistling: )

sour.jpg

Dont tell me guyz that this skunk1 doesnt look like SD "riri" , there are even the little leaves so typical from the sour ... :smokeit:

What do you think ?

Best vibes to All

yes Loco, it´s really close to the Riri´s even in her BIG calyxes... i would said this was Riri´s SD if you didnt write that was Skunk 1...
thx for the pic anyway...best vibes

Locoporro, Sour Diesel is ['91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL]. I've never had the Riri cut specifically to verify, but people say its a little sweeter than most Sour Diesels. I wonder if it is one of the more Super Skunk x Hawaiian-Afghani pheno's?

Dont know mate, but i have heard/read that the Mass SS is just a fine selection of Sensi´s SS... dont know... Best vibes Bio

Tropic

This thread is great, it had me drooling on more than one occasion! Does anyone know how the Sour Diesel performs in crosses? Is it dominant? Does it pass on structure, smell, etc?... I may be crossing it to a landrace sativa just to see the results.
Keep it green everyone :joint:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
I agree with you locoporro, the riri and the cheese definetly have something in common especially when fresh. And both have outstanding strong smell.

The riri would be an afghani/kushy phenotyped, so it could come from that Mass Super Skunk, while getting some lemon tones from the chemdog.

The sd destroyer cross i have at the moment show very dominant SD phenotypes, at least for resin coverage and smell.
This lavender/citrus/kushy mixed is in some buds i cut early, and it is a very very powerfull smoke. Even non cured, i ve already seen few people too high because of the one phenotype i tried.

so this one is very close to the SD riri, infact i m pretty sure it would be very hard to tell the difference.
it is one of the tastiest plant ever, even quick dried it is full of flavors...

the smoke is outstanding of potency, it is a very cerebral buzz, but it has some stone at the beginning and the end, you feel tired and then you get the uplifting high, then tired again. Some people can t pass the tiring part and just fall asleep after few minutes.
On the volcano it is uplifting and euphoric, and as her mother, some of the tastiest buds to be vaped !
I can tell it has a very strong thc content.... i can t wait for cured samples !!!!!!

Tropic check my thread in my signature for some picts of the SD x Destroyer.

SD Destroyer bud

quick dried sample, SD very dominant phenotype.

amc98

Hello SD fans!!

A few shots of my last harvest of the Riri cut, plants had a little light strees, and some strains showed a few bananas, including the SD...

Saludos!!!:tiphat:

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all:wave:

teddybud : hard to say like that, do you have some pictures of it during the flowering time? in a first time i would say no...but yours seem to have bix calyces aswell so i am really not sure...

Few pictures of the Sour Diesel "riri" cut from the last harvest:)

DSCN0960.jpg DSCN0975.jpg DSCN0977.jpg DSCN0988.jpg

:tiphat:

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
nah don't got any flower pics but it does look kinda like it.. i think the riri has a lil bigger calyx's then the one I got.

Bio
Where did you get the information that Rz outcrossed to an Afghani in making his SD IBL? I was under the impression that the only outcross was in the original DSD which is ECSD x NYCD, after that I thought everything was in-crossed and backcrossed with the clone??? Do you have documentation that shows this?