What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inverse's First Grow

inverse

whats up guys. over the past few months ive really been getting excited about growing...and now im finally here. I made a pc grow case (linked in my sig) to grow a small scrog'd plant. Also, i just got a new place and now have a whole closet which i will dedicate to my second grow

right now though im focused on this smaller grow to gain experience and perhaps some clones. with nirvana northern lights seeds on their way to me in the mail, i decided to plant some random chronic bagseeds. The seeds were really small and gray and looked premature. However, to my suprise today i saw this

im growing this under a 42w cfl (150w equivalent) and will be doing 12/12 after the sprout has established itself more.

im also getting 1 400w hps and 1 430w hps with ballasts for free from a friend in a week. let the good times roll :rasta:

Update of Closet:
IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

im at day 32 of flowering and things are looking good, minus some PM issues. check the last page for hella pics.

Last edited:

Sardonic

I'll be following this thread ;)

good luck with your grow. one question, why wait until the seedling 'has established itself more' before going 12/12?

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
wow that cool that your friend is giving you the free hook up. Must be a good friend. good luck with your grow.

inverse

stupidly today i left it in the window sill with the window open for a breeze. the little thing got a bit scorched. it was opening up its primary leaves just a bit this morning but now they are shut. =/ gave it some water and it is now in my pc box with the fan blowing. the temperature in the box is 79-80 degrees, and it really cant get any cooler (no Ac here).

inverse

because i think its important that the plant gets intense 24 hour light in its very early stage to prepare it for the rest of its life

inverse

so that sprout above didnt make it :-/

however, today i got nl from nirvana in the mail :). it was packaged reallly discreetly and i even got a cool little thing for an appliance i have out of the packaging (i wont say more in case there are narcs on here :-/). Today i put only 2 seeds in water to soak because i wont have my hps lights for another week or so and my computer case only fits 2 small pots that i have

ALSO, over the weekend i got A MEDICAL MARIJUANA recommendation and id card (went to my first club on monday) for some ****ed up anxiety i have. Thus, this grow will be completely CA legal as i'll only grow 6 plants :)

goddamn it's hot in my apartment though. we have no AC so its literally above 90 at all times in my room. hopefully this heat will leave soon so my sprouts don't suffer the same fate as their deceased kin from above :(

Last edited:

Sardonic

for the temps, you should check out a fan like this:
http://www.laskoproducts.com/fans/model_2515.html

I got a smaller version of it from Walgreens for around 30 bucks I believe. It actually blows out cool air, so it helped the temps a bit.

also, if heat is bad right now, expect some real issues when your 400w arrives ^_^. That'll easily make temps shoot up 10-20 degrees.

I grabbed 6 DELTA DC-120mm 4-13VDC Axial Muffin Cooling Fan's off ebay for under 40 dollars. I bought it form an ebay store, so you can order the same fans too. oh yeah, Airflow is 95 CFM.

a good rule of thumb for planting seeds is to make sure the hole is twice the size of the seed. Don't let the soil dry out, but don't soak it either.

Good luck, man. I can't wait to start comparing grows ^_^

inverse

sardonic - right nwo my soil mix is ffof and miraclegrow perlite. im not using any nutes at this time, but did buy ff big bloom nutes for flowering

j-roc - thanks. i hope theyre little girls :)

hazy

Veteran
hi inverse, good to see you moving up to good lights, and space. :headbange

i grow in a closet and i'm not producing enough weed yet, but it's coming.
it takes a while to get all figured out.

good luck with the NL.

Sardonic

nice babies, inverse!
by the way, if the seed shell (I forget what it's actually called) stays on the sprout for a while, don't fret. You can pull it off yourself with tweezers, or just leave it on and the plant will get rid of it itself with time. I had one stay on mine for a few weeks, and that plant, which is the youngest, is growing the fastest out of all my plants.

:joint: this will be fun ^_^

inverse

lol i cant help myself from taking more pictures! while it may not appear so to you, my plants have almost doubled size since i took those pics last night
summersprout3.jpg

(first, strongest plant)

summersprout4.jpg

second sprout (the seed is still on it) :)

my current mak-shift mini grow stays at around 78 degrees now :)
summmmmer440.jpg

also, if you guys can help me...im wondering when i should give the kids a drink of water? the soil is starting to dry out a bit on top, and the lower soil is not damp..its more moist. u think i should give em a water or wait awhile

Last edited:

Sardonic

seedlings grow best when the soil is not allowed to dry out.

I flush them completely every 2 days. i mist them on their day off.

make sure when you water, you water thoroughly or else your roots will be assbackwards :joint: