What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

K.I.S.S. VAPORIZING TOOL

Hi IC People-

I am a medical user and like many of you I see the Volcano and Valloon vaporizers and want one, I just cannot afford one.

(K)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid vaporizing is my very basic and easy to make alternative to spending big bucks on the vaporizers mentioned above!

Here is what ya need:

1.A Heat Gun(Steinel, Makita HG1100, Sears= cermanic heating element)
Special Order @ Home DePOT for 71.99+tax

2. GLASS Test Tube 3/4in x 6in(20mmx150mm) $.99
3. 1/2in(10mm) O-Ring $ .20
3. Reynolds Oven Bags $1.50
5. 1/2 in PVC Valve (Part #EBV-0500-S / UPC# 1165114511) $3.99
6. Rubber band

Okay...now for the pics!!!

COLLECT THE MEDICINE

COLLECT THE MEDICINE

The pics speak for themselves, but the design works wonderful.

Since I do not have a Digital readout Steinel Gun, I set the Makita dial at 1.9-2.0 which was scientifically calibrated my candy thermometer and read 370-380 degrees.

I turn the dial to 4 after 10 bags or so and get a great vapor bag from just the collected residue/trichomes. Cool!

Ace Hardware Heat Gun Reducer

Ace Hardware Heat Gun Reducer

This reducer creates a venturi effect to accelerate the heated air through the herb in the tube. The PVC valve *DOES NOT* get even close to hot when vaporizing.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
For those wondering "What the heck is a heat gun & how does it work?"

For those wondering "What the heck is a heat gun & how does it work?"

Heat guns look a lot like hair dryers - but, as many instructions thoughtfully point out, should never be used for drying hair! The method of operation of a hot air gun is similar to a hair dryer: a fan pulls air into the body of the tool and drives it across an electric heating element and out through a nozzle....

Very basic heat guns have just one heat setting and one fan speed and are designed primarily for paint stripping. More complicated models have two or three heat settings or even fully variable adjustment with in a range, together with a choice of two, three or variable speeds of air flow.
The effective temperature of any heat gun can be reduced by holding it further away from the surface, but having variable settings gives more choice...

Commonly available Heat Gun features:
As such a simple tool, there are not many differences between one model of heat gun and another - but there are some features which are important.

* Wattage - commonly from 1000W to 2000W (a measure of the power of the gun). Providing that there are heat and/or airflow controls, the higher the wattage, the better.
* Main control switch - usually mounted on the front of the pistol grip, and normally a 'dead man' switch so that power is switched off when the finger pressure is removed - an ideal safety feature as the heat gun stops if it is accidentally dropped.
* Temperature setting - at least 500°C is needed for stripping paint - the lower the bottom end of the range the more useful. A choice of controls make the tool more useful.
* Airflow setting - having variable or more than one speed makes the tool more versatile.
* Thermal cut out - this will switch off the tool if it becomes overheated. If this occurs, it indicates a fault in the tool or method of use - for safety, the fault must be identified and corrected before the heat gun is again used.
* Hanging hook - useful for storing the tool.
* Surface stand - this enables the heat gun to be safety 'rested' during pauses in the work and after uses. It also allows the gun to be used 'hands-free' when two hands are required on the work piece (such as when bending a plastic pipe).

http://www.diydata.com/tool/heat_gun/heat_gun.htm#temperature

[Good post Prince Buster, Thanks for the useful info... I'm still trying to visualize how it all goes together.
How do you get that 8mm hole in the bottom of that test tube? Drill it or do they sell them like that?]

:)

G

Anybody that knows anybody in the pest control industry can get Nylofume bags.
They are used for bagging food during a fumigation.
The bags are very similar to volcano bags.
They last forever.

1013jacko

Thats the easy part. I'm trying to get the hole in the bottom of the test tube? Do you need a glass blower to make the hole?

1013jacko

:joint: I guess nobody knows an easy way to make to hole in the bottom of the TEST TUBE. I guess I'll try my local glass makers. If anyone knows an easy way to do this,please let me know so I can get this to work for us to :chin: :joint: :wave: :lurk:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
G35DarkO1E said:
if ur on here and dont know how to at least dremel a hole n glass i feel for u .
Wow, way to dredge up an old post just to make an ass out of yourself!

Welcome to IC, you'll go far.

jahsin

man yal are going about it all wrong!! ill tell ya how us kiwis smoke weed!!!.....ok!!

get 2 knives outa the drawer, chuck em on a stove, or gas heater or whatever....ya just need too heat em up red!!
get a bottle...smash the bottom outa the fucker...
roll ya weed into little balls
when ya knives are hot enough... pull em out.. use one knife to pick up ya weed.
put both knives in the bottle & press!!
i like to wait till my knives are a nice cool temp!!
try it & i bet yall will b impressed!! its the purest way to smoke weed!!
vaporisers are ok.. get you only get half the buzz of the weed!!
its not just the thc ay want... ya want the cannaboids aswell!!
hope yall try it!! peace!!

Latest posts

Latest posts