What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the KUSH thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High folks!
this thread is dedicated to Kushe's, not "kushes"..

while bubba, OG SFV, taho, etc etc etc etc etc, might be CALLED "kush" herein this thread, Id like to actually see REAL Kushes. the stuff thats from HK range/ Afghanistan etc.

Hopefully we can discuss legitimate Kushes only in this thread.. Ill request of admin to delete any post off topic, to keep this thread clean and pure.

there are enuff threads on the "cali kushes".. so any info on those lines, can be added to those threads.

Id love to hear from mr iko, zam, cbf, n a few other folks who actually know what a "kush" is... not exp based on a bagseed turned "clone elite"..
Sam's thoughts would also be great...

actually, it would be great to hear from anyone in the community who has experience in HK reigon lines...
So please! share!

peace bub.

(pictured is 2 DC plants next to HTC Indica, followed by 2 pics of the HT Indica, dicendant of Afghan HK.)

PS: sorry for the low quality pics, they are a good few yrs old...

Last edited:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UNREGISTRD said:
sounds to me like your trying to stir up more controversy than its worth bud!!

by asking about real Kushes from folks who know???!!!
you better just roll outta this thread and forget you posted in the first place.....

I started this thread to talk about KUSH!, not wannabe kush.. KUSH!
the cali kush bullshit can be discussed in them threads caliboy! get it!?!

Not any "kush" from the Chemdog bagseed...... KUSH like from GHANI.......

a couple yrs ago, that wasnt hard to discuss! till folks like you came along..

Im not suprised youd start the trashing after the 1st post....
Let this thread be as it is intended, or you can be removed.. last warning, and LAST clairification..

bullshit after this will be reported to admin, and removed, godbless yer account.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HK...
so lets PLEASE keep it on track!

Peace, bub.

UNREGISTRD

from your attitude and the way you worded it all U are blatently attacking cali peeps!!
I could care less dude thats why I posted what I did! U and blatently attacked me!!
Again Your going to cause yourself more contraversy than its worth bud! Im not about to argue the facts of this or that nor have I ever all i was doing is letting u know its not worth it bud thats all!!

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hiya Bub,

To date, I still think RC Clarkes description written in Marijuana Botany in the late 70's early 80's is the most accurate description & a very good starting point. Best Regards, Tom.

"c) Hindu Kush Range - Cannabis indica (Afghanistan and Pakistan) - (30 to 37 north latitude)

This strain from the foothills (up to 3,200 meters [10,000 feetj) of the Hindu Kush range is grown in small rural gardens, as it has been for hundreds of years, and is used primarily for the production of hashish. In these areas hashish is usually made from the resins covering the pistil late calyxes and associated leaflets. These resins are re moved by shaking and crushing the flowering tops over a silk screen and collecting the dusty resins that fall off the plants. Adulteration and pressing usually follow in the production of commercial hashish. Strains from this area are often used as type examples for Cannabis indica. Early maturation and the belief by clandestine cultivators that this strain may be exempt from laws controlling Cannabis sativa and indeed may be legal, has resulted in its proliferation throughout domestic populations of "drug" Cannabis. Names such as "hash plant" and "skunk weed" typify its acrid aroma reminiscent of "primo" hashish from the high valleys near Mazar-i-Sharif, Chitral, and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

This strain is characterized by short, broad plants with thick, brittle woody stems and short internodes. The main stalk is usually only four to six feet tall, but the relatively unbranched primary limbs usually grow in an upright fashion until they are nearly as tall as the central stalk and form a sort of upside-down conical shape. These strains are of medium size, with dark green leaves having 5 to 9 very wide, coarsely serrated leaflets in a circular array. The lower leaf surface is often lighter in color than the upper surface. These leaves have so few broad coarse leaflets that they are often compared to a maple leaf. Floral clusters are dense and appear along the entire length of the primary limbs as very resinous leafy balls. Most plants produce flowering clusters with a low calyx-to-leaf ratio, but the inner leaves associated with the calyxes are usually liberally encrusted with resin. Early maturation and extreme resin production is characteristic of these strains. This may be the result of acclimatization to northern temperate latitudes and selection for hashish production. The acrid smell associated with strains from the Hindu Kush appears very early in the seedling stage of both staminate and pistillate individuals and continues throughout the life of the plant. Sweet aromas do often develop but this strain usually loses the sweet fragrance early, along with the clear, cerebral psychoactivity.

Short stature, early maturation, and high resin production make Hindu Kush strains very desirable for hybridizing and indeed they have met with great popularity. The gene pool of imported Hindu Kush strains seems to be dominant for these desirable characteristics and they seem readily passed on to the F1 hybrid generation. A fine hybrid may result from crossing a Hindu Kush variety with a late-maturing, tall, sweet strain from Thailand, India, or Nepal. This produces hybrid offspring of short stature, high resin content, early maturation, and sweet taste that will mature high quality flowers in northern climates. Many hybrid crosses of this type are made each year and are currently cultivated in many areas of North America. Hindu Kush seeds are usually large, round, and dark grey or black in coloring with some mottling."

G

hmm..the only "real" kush ive heard of is hindu kush from sensi.
no experience personally with it.
seems every other kush is any other kush.

just my 2 cents.

G

sensi description..

This pure Indica seed-strain comes directly from the massive mountain range for which it is named. The Hindu Kush is the western spur of the Himalayas, covering half of Afghanistan and straddling the borders of Pakistan and India, reaching almost to China. This desolate and beautiful region forms an important trade-route between the Middle East, central Asia and the Far East and the ancient cannabis traditions of the surrounding cultures have met and merged here over centuries. Put simply, the Hindu Kush is the absolute centre of the world when considering true Indica or Afghanica genotypes and the various forms of black hashish produced from them.

This cultivar has been selected for quality and stability over countless generations, always breeding within its own gene pool. Hindu Kush produces very consistent seedlings and is an excellent variety for uniform indoor crops grown straight from seed. Plants are dark green, squat and powerful with classic, broad-bladed Indica leaves. In warmer climates, below about 42°N, Hindu Kush can flourish outdoors.

Flowering is strong and reliable, producing fast harvests of thick Afghani buds even in the hands of a novice grower. Hindu Kush has a subtle scent of sandalwood tinged with the sweet aroma of fresh charas. Potency is remarkably high for a non-hybrid strain, with the mellow, positive body vibration possessed by the famous high-altitude Indicas. Hindu Kush also imparts a calm, contemplative mental state, instead of the brain-numbing stone of later Indica, Afghanica and Skunk hybrids

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High tom!
thanks for the i put!
Ive read the works of RC aswell.
Ive seen such cuts as "krush" a Sat Dom clone that blooms for 90 days yet is traced to afg liniage.. at the same time Ive seen DC and other Ghanis Ive held bloom an avg of 50-60 days...
Im an indica lover. yet I wonder how much difference can be afforded in bloom time, to a regional Ghani/HIK/Paki..
obviously plenty in my exp. bloom time and structure of a plant just isnt a dictator for this regoin of plant line, as there is so much variance...

My goal is to discover this variance, and explore it.

Thank you tom for yer time!

Ash, my old friend.. yeah I know what you mean.. with so much on the oline these days, seems about everything, is just a nother..lol
but as has been, as will be: in time, we will know!

thanks folks!
I look foreward to more input!

Peace, bub.

T

terran2

so a kush grown in Cali is not a kush ....

hmmm , sounds like a plane ticket or slow boat to Paki might be in order ....go where the emeralds are yourself , if you really want to know .

* some PK from oaksterdam , popular "Skunkwerks" cut,
getting frosted with yet 4 wks more to go ....

( and what a fragrance of grape & lavendar this has, heavenly )

bubba121small2ms6.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Hill

Veteran
I understand that a few modern researchers would like to reduce my DC to early last century Afghan ditchweed (based on earlymid last century observations), & I'm OK with that. There very well may have been narrower leafed cultivars present in the field in that region at the time. However, & make no mistake about this, these companies leaning on these insights to explain their cultivars lack of conformity to the description given by Clarke is related to other circumstances in my opinion, namely, they're full of shit & slinging hybrids, regardless of where they collected them. I hope Zamalito shows up for this thread as in my opinion he's got strong judo in raising some interesting points this arena.
Tom

Last edited:
A

Afghanicus

sensi seeds hindu kush

sensi seeds hindu kush

here is some sensi seeds version. looking good so far. 100% germination to.

img0791ry1.jpg

img0784nn4.jpg

peace

Danknuggler

back in 96-97 I was sent some seed from Hawaii labeled "Strawberry web".I only grew one plant of those and I wish I had a pic as it had the widest leaves I have ever seen to date.Very much like ducksfoot in a way as it had a bunch of those 3 fingers going but not pointy actually kind of rounded leaves.It was a boy so I cut it.It totally fit the kush description though.I don't remember what happened to the rest of those seeds....Hey Bub search for a thread called "real deal mountain kush" there you will see some pics and info of some real kush growing up high.enjoy nuggler

ograskal

Veteran
Heres some Wannabe Kush.....Straight from Cali.....So Cal Master Kush that is.......Hey Bub,......Would you say this a real Kush or Cali Kush Bullshit.????....Raskal

Last edited:

Danknuggler

Yeah Raskal that that la master k is real kush for sure.definitley unlike some of the other so calleds.some bubba I've seen seems to be very kushy.not to get off track here bub.lets see some actual kush in the wild pics.I know who's got em I'll try to post one.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UNREGISTRD said:
from your attitude and the way you worded it all U are blatently attacking cali peeps!!
Again Your going to cause yourself more contraversy than its worth bud!

bro, this thread aint about Cali folks.. it about Kush... I have a couple GREAT friends from cali, who are the fore-front of the current "cali kushes" I dont think they would take this wrong... hence Tom Hill.

terran.. if its a real kush, grown in cali, or anywhere, Id LOVE to hear about it! just not the clones that are labeld Kush that have no direct linkage to kush...

as I said this thread is about kush thats all.... not egos or whos got the best cut...

know where Im comin from now?!

its about KUSH!

thanks, Peace, bub.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Raskal,

World class. From an old head that's no stranger to the kush scene. Best, T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.