What's new

D Rocks T5 grow.

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Hello all I came over here from Grasscity and must say this is a much better place to be posting at I love it. Anyway here is my grow. It is currently on day 19 from when the seeds split there shell and I assume they are doing well. This is my 3rd grow with the other two not making it this far. My setup is a 4x4 homebox, with a New Wave 4ft 8bulb T5 system with 6500k bulbs in now when its time to flower I will be putting in 3000k bulbs. Plants are in 3 gallon grow bags and soil is a 2:1 ratio of 2 parts fox Farms Ocean Forrest and 1 part Pro-mix bx.
Just started nutes a couple of days ago. Im using Techna flore BC nutes.

here are the pics.

Day 19​

will update when there is mor growth.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Looks like this one will be neat to watch, I love the homebox systems.

What is up with the cups? is that water for humidity?

I too will be sitting somewhere close to the dopest.

D Rock

Veteran
Dr Dog said:
Looks like this one will be neat to watch, I love the homebox systems.

What is up with the cups? is that water for humidity?

I too will be sitting somewhere close to the dopest.

Yeah the cups are for humidity. It was steady at 40-45% and I wanted it at least 55-60% humidity but Im still under 60%.

D Rock

Veteran
Sleepy said:
what strain??

Hope I dont disappoint but these are just bagseed, Although 3 or 4 of them came from some pretty dank bud that I absolutely loved. Should be some good smoke.
All the seeds I saved were from pretty good weed anyway.

D Rock

Veteran
thanks est1977 this is my 3rd attempt at growing and already its going alot better than the previous 2. The first time I ever tried growing I was trying a very difficult strain to grow from what I hear, Purple Urkle and NY diesel. so I went with some bagseed this time to kind of keep me humble and try and actually complete a grow this time. Im sure with all the knowledgeable people on here they will help me get through any problems that I might come across.

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
will be following this thread, really interested in the T5 for a veg light...like to see the outcome...happy growing...scrappy

reddy1

ICMag Donor
t5s are good lights. i use them too. good lumens, low heat. they won't burn your plants easily so keep them close to the tops, maybe 1/2"-1".

i wouldn't use too much nutes with your mix. it's pretty rich already. good luck.

D Rock

Veteran
Thanks for all the good comments.

reddy 1 I had my lights at about 2 1/2 inches about a week ago and my plants were growing out and not up. I moved them to about 12"-15" away and the growth is amazing. I have doubled in size since 1 week ago. It is possible to burn the tops of the plants with these lights they get hotter than most people think but its tolerable. Its nothing compared to the 1000 watt HPS I had in there, it would get up to 98deg in there with the HPS so thats why I went with the T% set up yeah its not nearly the amount of Lumens and I probably wont get arm sized colas like I would with my HPS set up but this is more suitable for my needs. Thanks again for all the nice coments. Will be updating in a day or two. See ya round.

Lemon

D Rock said:
Thanks for all the good comments.

reddy 1 I had my lights at about 2 1/2 inches about a week ago and my plants were growing out and not up.

I'd be thrilled if my plants were growing out and not up :D

Looking forward to your grow! I've always been interested in T5's and seeing what they can do. I don't think there is a single complete grow journal using them on here. I'll be watching!

D Rock

Veteran
my leaves were getting fat and nothing else was happening, so thats why I moved the light up.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
thanks for the correction. i just moved mine up a tad. some could use the stretch to get light to the lower branches.

are you planning on topping, lst, scrog, etc?

kurlyq2g

Nice grow! I had much sucess with a very similar set up.

Keep the lights close... very close.

Check out my gallery.. all the stuff in there was grown with just T5s.

Lemon said:
I'd be thrilled if my plants were growing out and not up :D

Looking forward to your grow! I've always been interested in T5's and seeing what they can do. I don't think there is a single complete grow journal using them on here. I'll be watching!

You must not have searched very hard for a fluorescent grow.... Check out my sig.

Last edited:

D Rock

Veteran
reddy1 said:
thanks for the correction. i just moved mine up a tad. some could use the stretch to get light to the lower branches.

are you planning on topping, lst, scrog, etc?

Im unsure at the moment It would probably be the right time now to LST I would think. I was thinking of topping but am unsure on it. I have to do some more research about it. What are the advantages of topping over LST?

Lemon

kurlyq2g said:
You must not have searched very hard for a fluorescent grow.... Check out my sig.

You must have mispelled fluorescent in the thread , evading search results :smile:. I'll take a look, thanks for the link.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Lemon said:
You must have mispelled fluorescent in the thread , evading search results :smile:. I'll take a look, thanks for the link.

LOL i would not even try to spell that, thanks good everyone knows what CFL means here