What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana White Widow Grow

order 66

Hi :wave: :joint:

details about my set up can be found in this thread:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=832768#post832768

in a nutshell, I am running 600w enhanced hps in a homebox xl, using pure blend and earth juice nutes and amendments.

After my first successful grow, I found myself somehow with 4 packs of Nirvana WW from seed hoarding. I have heard good things about this strain and am willing to risk these beans to the summer heat given that I have plenty of them (I'm saving my ssh and cd d x sd ibl beans for the fall). I had tried a few weeks ago to get a grapefruit clone run going but had to scrap that :bashhead: .

Anyway, after the last run with 5+ different stains I am stoked to be running all one strain so I can compare several different plants from the same pack. I have heard this WW is a bit stretchy and while height is not a huge concern I think I might try a shortened (2 wks) veg time with this one to see how it performs on a fast-track schedule.

On Friday the 29th I put 10 WW seeds in a small bowl with water. By Saturday afternoon (30th) they had sunk. I then put the seeds into wet paper towels on a plate in a humitidy dome on top of a seedling heat mat. A couple tails have shown already. These will be moved to rapid rooters tomorrow assuming all the tails show by then.

Pics will be updated as things poke through -- thanks for watching. :headbange

order 66

I forgot to mention that I threw in 2 selfed beans from some random cross from my last grow, and. for some reason there were 12 seeds in my nirvana pack -- all of these were put in paper towels on a seedling heat mat (14 seeds total)

this evening checked the paper towels less than 24 hours after I put the seeds there -- what do I see? 14 taproots coming out, roughly 8 of them, assuming some shared trait of ww, had the biggest, phattest tap roots I hav ever seen from a seed in a day. I hope this is a good sign. All 14 seeds were put in rapid rooters on a jiffy tray back in the humidity dome, seedling heat mat on -- with some weak, indirect florescnent light

order 66

thanks for watching hb

8 healthiest seedlings were transplanted to 5x5 square pots, soil/organic soil/perlite mix. The bag/self seeds were not viable and some of the ww seedlings looked scrawny/mutant/brittle -- those all got culled.

The remaining 8 are now under overhead (fixture) cf's at the moment. Watered once with gal of distiled h2o + drop of super thrive (had decent results with that last time). When they harden up and get their first set of real leaves (and when I clean out the tent) they'll go under the 600w; probably by sundsay. Really concerned about heat though in the unconditioned grow area, seems pretty hot. Might pick up a portable ac tomorrow if I can find one decently priced.

Definitley thinking about flowering out a male and collecting some pollen. Some (Chemdog D x SD IBL) x White Widow and SSH x White Widow this fall might produce some interestng results. We'll see. :wave:

Last edited:

Barf

I have heard excellent things about white rhino, I am going to be ordering a pack and starting a flood and drain system in the fall. Looks good, I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

order 66

cool barf, hope it works out well

cleaned out the tent today and put the 8 seedlings under the big light, with the light a couple feet up at this point

temp meter says 86-90 at plant level. Today is somewhat cooler than lately, but I figure if I run the lights off during the hot part of the day I can counter act this. 90 degrees seems high but surely Brazilian and South Indian genetics can handle it (?) those are the hottest parts of the world. we'll see i guess.

plan right now is to flip to 12/12 in roughly 2 weeks

Budless

I'd like to see Nirvana's White Rino quality. I bought AK-48 a while back and was very impressed with the plant. However many people on grow journals grow more expensive seeds so its hard to get an idea of the quality of Nirvana over their whole seed selection. I don' t doubt they have some other good strains, I would just like to see them in action.

I'll be watching!

Also come jump on board my grow thread linked in my sig and check out a grow of Nirvana AK-48 for yourself.

Good luck and good growing to you!

da-2B

hi order 66,

nice strain, its my favourite for my next g- too, but its always bout da $ you know how it is :violin:

take n a seat light n a fat :joint:

LOVELYJUGS

Good stuff Order 66

Good stuff Order 66

Looks very tasty indeed !!

I have a grow from seeds from female seeds ...

What nuits did you use ?

Enjoy

RobbyyT

flexo

Any new updates, pics?

Would love to see a female grown from seed. I had the seeds but the only viable plant I grew turned out to be a male & I ended up crossing it.

order 66

muchos apologies folks, practically forgot about this thread -- nice to see the replys

after the initial germ which went well -- I culled back to 6 seedlings, which are now about a month in

initially I was a bit suspicious after the early seedlings went a little wiry on me, after "burying them up" a bit I had to leave on a week and a half trip -- (had a close friend water for me) well, upon return, the plants went from scrawny wiry little leaflets to 8"-10" multibranched little lovelies. How's that for lazy growing?

They've been on 18/6 which they've done well with but temps are getting really high in the room mid day -- been running lights on I think from 8pm to 2pm -- as they get close to 2pm i've read temps from 93-94-95+ (eek!)

however, despite a little heat stress the plants seem to be doing very well -- perhaps due to their s.indian/brazilian lineage (We hope). Since about a week and a half ago I've been feeding a light PBP + LK regimen, alternated with pure ro water. They seem to tolerate that well and are thriving.

Friday (July 27th) night I fimmed the top node of all 6 plants -- I want big bushes of buds and not spears like last time -- spears are overrated

Fed again this morning and made the big flip to 12/12. They are still in 5.5" square pots -- which by the way are a godsend -- im running square pots in a tray and it is so, so, much easier and neater to deal with than circular pots for some reason. I'm going to let them adjust to the flip and the topping over the next week -- hopefully then I'll have clear signs of sex and then cuts will be taken and the females will be put in their bigger square pots for flowering.

As like last time, I like to bring pictures in when it gets good, usually when preflowers begin to develop into buds -- as such, look for detailed pics in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the interest.

cjk

how are you liking your homebox?? is it light proof and pretty well made? i'm debating on buying the xs one

order 66

wow, this thread died like a mofo

never fear, the grow kept on despite running at about 100 deg for a full month and a half!!

Ended up with three females, tried topping all three -- one went into a good Y split but with all the heat stress just looks pathetic, the other split into multi tops but has all but died off except for a few immature buds, the last one didn't take the top and stunted out then grew into a bean pole, it looks weak too but will prob yeild abt an ounce.

wasn't really tring to do much w/tihs grow other than fill in time waiting for cooler temps -- the fact that these three are still holding on is amazing considering the stress they've endured -- will probably yeild a bit more than an ounce and a half I'd say, which will fill in until my fall plants are done (prob 90 days from now, or so) -- i know these look a bit shit -- pics to follow once everything's uploaded.

order 66

The biggest cola of the group (bean pole):

This is the two main heads from the Y split plant:

oh, and a sour nlx that I started about a month ago 12/12 from seed -- looking pretty healthy despite having pretty much just left it alone, looks female :joint:

The scragggly leaf dropper multi head is shown in the back of this group shot:

Last edited:

order 66

update:

day 60 or so from 12/12 -- looking like about 2, maayyybe 3 weeks til chop chop. These have been through so much heat stress I am amazed they've made it this far :joint: :joint:

pics:

big top cola is really filling out, getting some "castling" -- really hitting hard on the nutes now

lower bud

Y-split topped plant

here's that sour NLX 12-12 from seed -- looking really nice so far, this plant loves to be grown this way -- just repotted today so hope it's a female :spank:

a couple group shots:

a shot of the outside of my home box

:wave:

order 66

thanks twizted

this will be the last update to this thread

by now all 3 plants have been chopped, smoke is similar between the three

here is a few pics of the bigger one right after cut:

curing in the jar:

and a couple dried butshots:

I'm also posting a smoke report in that section tonight. Overall, not a bad strain. It roughed out some very stressful conditions and provided me with some decent smoke in a time of need. However, ww is not a strain that I'll likely run again -- somewhat bland and unexciting to grow. Not bad for $20 though. :joint: :wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts