What's new

OG Kush Tahoe cut...

D

Darkstarlive

I'm looking for all the info available for the og kush tahoe cut...

Peace...

smily

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:55 am Post subject: OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog by Mysta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://weedtracker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13241
by Mysta

OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang".

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog by Mysta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I know these guys, there was also two other clones Putz didn't mention. The one clone was given or sold to neville and one more made it to N,y where it was crossed with Diesel. Then they called it pink kush. Mota's og kush is pretty close to the original west coast dawg.

Chemdawg 101

here's the chemdawg thread i posted at ic:

***Special thanks go to orgogliodiprovi and chemdog who helped me straighten out the story and exact details. :wave: ***

Brief background:

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Chemdawg Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdawg D-based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdawg D to Sensi's Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi's Afghani and Sensi's Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as "Double Dawg." Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ's latest work to the line is a second backcross known as "Tres Dawg" which is just starting to get tested.

Rezdog of Reservoir Seeds recently released several Chemdawg crosses as part of his 'Trinity' charity auctions. The crosses included Chemdawg D x Sensi's Hindu Kush and Snowdawg x Sensi's Hindu Kush, Chemdawg D x Sour Diesel IBL, Snowdawg x Sour Diesel IBL, ChemHaze x Sour Diesel IBL and Giesel x Sour Diesel IBL.

…….

D

Darkstarlive

OG Bub: It seems to me you would know wether the tahoe cut is a real deal OG or another in a long line of wannabes, which is it?? I know there are many explainations of where the OG was created/discovered and why there are various names for certain cuts, I'm just trying to determine if the "Tahoe Cut" is a legit OG Kush. Thanks.

Peace..

Last edited:

kigy

Darkstarlive said:
OG Bub: It seems to me you would know wether the tahoe cut is a real deal OG or another in a long line of wannabes, which is it?? I know there are many explainations of where the OG was created/discovered and why there are various names for certain cuts, I'm just trying to determine if the "Tahoe Cut" is a legit OG Kush. Thanks.

Peace..
Sorry to be an ass, but did you read the post directly after yours? That will answer this question.

G

lots of goood info here!
i know its horrible, but i never knew the correct origins of 'OG' before regarding the kush

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Darkstarlive said:
OG Bub: It seems to me you would know wether the tahoe cut is a real deal OG or another in a long line of wannabes, which is it??
really?!
you got that from me typing "lol".....lol right on.

Darkstarlive said:
I know there are many explainations of where the OG was created/discovered and why there are various names for certain cuts, I'm just trying to determine if the "Tahoe Cut" is a legit OG Kush. Thanks.

Peace..

tellya what.. not too long ago... Kush was a good line. there was master Kush, n a couple other good Kush Hybrids... and Kushes....
now...lol.. everyone and their mamma has a kush cut named after themselves, some long standing history in all things 'Kush' (only to be sited in the last year er so) like 10 elite Kush cuts and own night clubs n shit..lol

Dont get me wrong, Im smoking a bubbler of LA Pure right now... but damn, nah, I dont know what tahoe Kush is.. n I dont know what happend to the dayz when things used to be called what they were.....lol

my guess is bro, if its called tahoe, it aint OG kush..... if it is OG, why the hell is some one calling it tahoe.....?!

Peace, bub.

G

I hear that Bub. Anyone can name anything. I've got my own OG cut that I've named after myself. Look out for that Militia Cut, it's a scorcher. LOL

It came from selfed seed from Mota's OG cut. I've never smelt or tried the SFV, but I'm confident that it'd stack up. It's one of the strongest smelling plants I've ever been around. Like a very pungent sour lemony skunk. I'll post some pics in the OG thread once it gets back into flower.

D

Darkstarlive

OG Bub: yeah, I got that impression from your "lol" plus as someone with an extensive knowledge of strains and being a quality breeder I trust your opinion. Like you said everyone has a cut named after something else, SFV, Abusive, Larry, Tahoe, Hell I might as well call what I got the Darkstar cut Thanks, Bro.

Kigy: Yeah, I quess you were an ass. why do you think that just because someone posted a lengthy description of the supposed origins of OG that makes it true? Do you believe everything you read?? There is so much bullshit flying around about certain elite strains that it makes you wonder does anyone really have what they think they do, its like wikipedia anyone can write whatever they want and its put forth as fact.

Peace...

JDOG6000

Veteran
There is so much bad info on the net.
And this subject always starts problems.
So most people won't even comment in an OG thread.
IMO, the first explanation makes perfect sense.
And from my experience. It's similar to chemdawg.
But not enough to be an S1.
They are pretty different if you ask me.
So after growing the the SFV OG.
I think the lineage is chemdawg x ( Old world Paki Kush x Lemon Thai)
Because OG is much more lemony and kushy then chemdawg alone.
Plus the SFV is super stretchy and has way different leaves then any of the chemdawgs. And the original is much more Kush influenced then chemdawg.
But everyone online has there own opinion and alot of people just repeat what they hear with no real truth to it and no experience growing it.
And people repeat these rumors as the truth causing a ton of confusions.
So now when it comes to OG , Bubba and strains like that, it all comes down to the an individuals opinion.

Last edited:
D

Darkstarlive

Jdog,

I agree with you. Alot of info regarding certain strains is just heresay repeated over and over...I quess the best answer is if you like what you got it doesn't matter what the name is, just enjoy it.

Peace...

JDOG6000

Veteran
Exactly right.
And take it from me.
Trying to figure it out on these boards is next to impossible.

Last edited:
G

OG bub said:
really?!
you got that from me typing "lol".....lol right on.

tellya what.. not too long ago... Kush was a good line. there was master Kush, n a couple other good Kush Hybrids... and Kushes....
now...lol.. everyone and their mamma has a kush cut named after themselves, some long standing history in all things 'Kush' (only to be sited in the last year er so) like 10 elite Kush cuts and own night clubs n shit..lol

Dont get me wrong, Im smoking a bubbler of LA Pure right now... but damn, nah, I dont know what tahoe Kush is.. n I dont know what happend to the dayz when things used to be called what they were.....lol

my guess is bro, if its called tahoe, it aint OG kush..... if it is OG, why the hell is some one calling it tahoe.....?!

Peace, bub.

Well, it has been a lot longer than a year that I have been hearing about a tahoe cut. So it's not ludicrous.

I think there is a bit more to this story,

just saying.....

peace

D

Darkstarlive

Ganjafari,

Please tell me what you've heard about this "Tahoe Cut of OG". I'm interested in hearing what you know about it, wether its accurate or not is not really a concern I'm trying to get a backstory on it just to see whats been said.
Thanks.

Peace...

G

pretty simple darkstar.,.

the homie chem gave chemdawg cuts to a cat in tahoe.. after a batch of cuts hermied the seeds that came out of it were started and og came out of it .... im sorry but if it was a cross there would be males... simple as that. and since noone ahs true legit ogkush males not even kailua kid or his croonies. so no it wasnt a cross... but its ok as the speculation will be killed this year no prob as the 2 cats that claim orignals myself and jdogg are going to be growing them side by side.. so we will see. but i still say if there were males there would be some around. especially if this was a special cross. why would the males be tossed they wouldnt simple as that..

the cut that is dubbed the "larry's cut" aka the orignal og came from tahoe... so ultimately all original ogs came from tahoe.. hence the tahoe cut.

this cut doesnt stretch as much as the sfv. it ahs a more fuel kerosine lemon taste than lemon pledge and hits you harder than most.. very indica like hit... the leave are a bit wider than the sfv... at 70 days it hit like an indica locks you in your seat period.. no going anywhere . i ahve seen people pass out of a normal bong hit.. im talking eyes roll into back of head and bong is introduced to the floor in a shattering fashion

Last edited:
D

Darkstarlive

MysteryX: Thanks for that explaination, the way you put it it sounds reasonable to believe that the tahoe cut is just another name for whats also called larry's cut and the real proof will be in the putting since as described in the cannabible the original og does not get big no matter what you try to do to it and has the trademark lemon fuel smell/taste. maybe we could do a 3-way comparison...lol Thanks again, I feel pretty good about what I was gifted...I'll see what she does in 10-11 weeks.

Peace...

B

Brain

Anybody saying they have the "Tahoe" cut is full of BS at this point. Though, you may have the bubba and og confused when you say it doesn't get big. The 2 SFV's I have both are leggy as hell and will shoot to the sky sky for all I know. they are probably the same cut but haven't flowered them out yet to make sure.

Don't get caught in the hype people!!!! As said before in this thread, go with what you r got and be happy. Most of these eleite's are let down's.

D

Darkstarlive

Back when Cali Kush Seeds first offered S1's at seedsdirect I snatched a pack of the ogers kush and that plant grew tall and produced nice golfball sized buds that reeked of lemon/pine, pretty good stuff for $70.00 a pack. I wish I never let it go. Well, i'll just have to wait and see what develops.
hanks to everyone who offered up their opinion.

Peace...

JDOG6000

Veteran
There is so much confusion on these boards ,I can totally understand why people are so confused.
When I first came to these boards there was all this rumor being spoken as the truth and it caused alot of confusion.
But that is a good point MysterX.
Where are the males?
Maybe we can clear it up some more after I grow the Tahoe cut.
But then what about the hundreds of people who think the original is like mine?
What were they smoking all those years?
It sucks that we have to try and figure this all out.
What happened to integrity and knowing a lineage is 100 % true.

here is what my OG Kush looks like.
Wether it's the original or not is ot all that important to me.
All I care about is how good it is to smoke and grow.
The high and taste are alot better then Bubba,IMO.
And better then all the other OG's I've tryed.
Check it out. It does look similar to Bubba.
But it ain't Bubba.
It stretches and branches like a chemdawg kush.
Bubba doesn't stretch like this and branches differently.
Bubba's more bushy and squat.
If you rub the stem at this point it smells like a fuel and lemons.
I've given this clone to a bunch of people who have been growing OG for years and they all said it's the same clone as theres.
So you all can see why I'm on the fence about which iss the original.
I wonder if that Tahoe cut is an S1 and the one I have is the chemdawg x (LT x OWPaki Kush)? That might make sence .There seems to be a few real OG's. Who's to say they were all made the same way.
In this day and age I wouldn't put it passed people to make a different strain altogether and call it OG Kush.
But like I said,the important thing is that you are happy with what your growing.
What other people say is totally unimportant.
This OG started at about 1 and 1/2 feet and will end at about 3 feet.
This one is still stretching but it's almost done.
It will probably get a little taller and the branches will grow a bit more also.

P.S. this isn't a Bubba hybrid.
There is no Bubba in this strain.
Several long time OG growers have grown it and confirmed it to be OG Kush.

Last edited:
G

Who knows what it is really. I see where JDOG is coming in the sense OG has way more Lemon to it. I haven't grown out a Chemdawg cut, but I'm currently growing Chemdawg S1's. None of which have that OG type smell to it. For the most part they smell like my Sour Diesel but with less Skunk to it. While on the other hand, my OG Kush just reaks of Lemon Skunk, even in early veg. Two totally different leafs as well.

but if it's a cross, where's the males? That's why I believe it originated from selfed seed. Did anyone ever think it was a hermied Chemdawg that hit a Lemon Thai x OWP? The off-spring of this cross wouldn't have males, but it would surely explain the added Lemon Kush.

I think a good way to find out would be to self a Chemdawg and grow out the seed. If you ever come across what appears to be a OG Kush, there's your answer.

Latest posts

Latest posts