What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS OUTDOOR TRASH CAN SCROG

NOKUY

Veteran
well i dont really know what this is gonna do.

its a 32 gallon trash can that i mixed my own soil in: (then drilled drainage after mixing)...trying to save a mess by mixing in a seperate container

i mixed this up a few weeks ago and put the girls in there today

-sphagnum peat moss
-only a tiny bit of perlite
-worm castings
-blood meal
-bone meal
-dolomite lime

I added some Flora Nova nutes and Superthrive to the initial water

I added LOTS of foil and foil tape to the inside to aid the light since it won't always be direct light.

I will paint the inside of the lid dark black this week, and plan to force flower them by blacking them out at night (6pm to 6am) (ill be monitoring the temps very well)

also... i have some fence/screen that i will toss over the top after about a week and will train them around the screen to stay inside the can.

the ladies are my current moms all deep chunk influenced and FJ's strains ( i took cuts for new moms today too)

-cherry chunk (lovepotion cherry pheno x DC)
-skunky balls (cheesed x DC)
-Kali mist/x13/thai X DC

i cant wait to see what happens!

stay posted peeps
-yukon :wave:

Last edited:
G

Very cool thread. Will be following this one for sure. I think i might try this idea also, but using the whole can dept for large root mass. Great idea for sure. Can't wait to see these plants in about 8 weeks. Thanks for sharing and take care.
BG

G

:wave: Nice grow Yukon!! Let me know when you need to take the trash out and I'll be there to help :joint: :joint:

GCG

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
WEEELLL DOGGIES would ya look at that!

WEEELLL DOGGIES would ya look at that!

Well,I reckon it's official,there is now 1000 and 1 ways ta skin a cat.lol Clever thinkin Yukon! Yul have ta get a patent on it and sell it to the grow stores fer about 200 hundred bucks apeice (payback fer all the shit ya bought from them hehe).I'll be ckeckin back later ta see how it goes.Good luck man.Take care...BC

cyburnt

Brilliant

Brilliant

Great Idea. You could even upgrade to a 55 gallon drum if your in the right neighborhood :sasmokin:

H

Hal

Great idea! You sure the can will be light-leak proof? How can you check to make sure?

Murphle

That is a nifty idea. And you've got some nice genetics going too. That 2nd pics root ball says it all. Can't weight to see what happens w/ your garbage can.

bluebublelove

this could be genius...I'm a bit worried about light penetration, but the scrog method is easily the wisest to go about with this setup.....nice though, that could be done easily in a backyard that gets lots of sun...I like the idea.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
yukon
Howzit..>? Awesomely creative man this will be tried by the lots o people.. Im pulling the
up the lazy boy chair for this one.. Ill be chillin right here... bbl peace..

sack

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks for stoppin by everyone :wave:

I'll def post updates and pics regularly

the way im figuring tho...im just gonna cover them at 6pm, and the uncover them when i go to bed at night after its dark so they aren't concealed all night...

...sun comes up around 6ish here right now, so if i just fool them in the afternoon we should be all good

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Yukon, great idea man. I have my moms out on my patio in a garbage can, just so the nosy neighbors can't see them. Good luck with your scrog, sure it will be awesome.

B/R

Ekras

I personally woulda put a black garbage bag inside before mixing the soil -- that would make it A.) look even more realalistic, and B.) allow for easy "clean up" if you need to get rid of it in a hurry -- but GREAT idea - very sneaky.

NOKUY

Veteran
Ekras said:
I personally woulda put a black garbage bag inside before mixing the soil -- that would make it A.) look even more realalistic, and B.) allow for easy "clean up" if you need to get rid of it in a hurry -- but GREAT idea - very sneaky.

very good idea on the trash bag...I'll def. do that next time if this works :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts