What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Mendo

Tom Hill

Veteran
Some of you have these & are wondering what they are.

Pure lines have always taken a front seat in my program regarding my own time management however when something good comes along I certainly do collect. This collection represents decades of freeing the good ones out of the vaults of the oldtimers.

Old Mendo-

A mix of mostly hybrid seeds containing cannabis originally from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Korea, Mexico, Jamaica, Africa, India, Thailand, & Thai based Hawaiian genetics in no particular order. I made this mix up from various sources of cannabis grown in Mendocino County from the mid 70's through the 90's. You'll not find any Dutch hybrids in there as they were purposely avoided during collection. This is what Mendo used to be- a flashback if you will. Some of the seeds in there are very old, please use extra care when sprouting.

Tom

I

indicalover

Hey Tom, that sounds like a very interesting mix. I have not hear much about Korean genetics. What can you tell us about genetics from that region? Indica? Sativa?

CCronik

Thanks Tom I had been searching for info on all your strains and Old Mendo was the only strain that I couldnt find a thread on.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hey guys,

Indicalover,

Its been 15 years or so since I've smoked any of the Korean from my neighborhood pure, it got swallowed up in hybridizing like many other great plants unfortunately. These ones were broadleafed, very similar in growth pattern & harvest date to Afghan but that is where they parted ways. The Korean was a very stinky bud, but something different from what you would expect from a Ghani, Paki, or Northern Indian. They were much more exotic tasting & reminded me more of SE Asian incense type of flavor taken to the max. It was all the rage for a few years in the mid 80's.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right on! good to see you gettin some things out there again!

Peace, bub.

I

indicalover

Thanks for the reply Tom, what was the high like on the Korean?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola Tom :wave:
The eagle has landed, my friend.We can´t thank you enough!!
Old Gold from California is gonna be grown overseas :woohoo:
Also I´m going to bug you to death with Q´s :biglaugh:

On the part of La Española gang :respect:

Last edited:

youngones

Hi Tom!

As always impressive. :yoinks: This mix seems interesting :yummy:

Thanks to conserve these ancestral varieties :woohoo:

JAh man! :joint:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Tom - always great to see a true breeder online and answering questions. Im still amazed at the chunk and all its beauty. You are a true gentleman and scholar of the herbal lifestyle. We appreciate you and your work.

B

bonecarver_OG

thanx tom for the info :D

sounds like a really interesting adventure bunch of elite seeds.. can it get better?

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

Rainman said:
Tom - always great to see a true breeder online and answering questions. Im still amazed at the chunk and all its beauty. You are a true gentleman and scholar of the herbal lifestyle. We appreciate you and your work.

word!

i agree with you :D

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe california mountain x bacchus.. should be some hybrid of sorts :D

peace ;)

(yeah im stoned so what hehe the ssh x ptk kicks but like armageddon)

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Woopsie, I dropped some of those at one of our indoor rooms thinking they were the old Mendocino Northern lights line you mentioned working with. Good thing he hasn't germed them yet, lol. I'm always jumping to conclusions. I'm actually glad I was wrong, lol. I bet there's some beautiful plants in there. I can't wait to take a stroll through mendocino cannahistory.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Thanks for all of the kind words (& laughs Bacchus) guys,

I learn a lot from the online community & the occasional offering is the least I can afford in thanks.

indicalover,
The Korean was excellent smoke. I remember it layed you out flat & had a really exotic flavor. I prefer the more cerebral high that the DC gives me overall but that Korean was very good smoke.
By the way folks, there's not a lot of Korean in this mix. Maybe one or two
hybrids out of about 20 have Korean in them. You're not going to find any really late sativas in there either. These were all hybrids (for the most part) for the outdoor season in Mendocino & mid October is about as late as most folks care to be out there. I've smoked all of these & grown quite a few of them too. There's excellent genetics in there or they would not have made my collection.

Raco,
you're always welcome amigo. With luck you might find some of the X18 Paki in there. It's one of about 20 varieties in the mix. Your questions are always welcomed too my friend.

Zamalito,
Yah man, you'll want to give these a go. They represent a lot of what I set aside for very good reason but never could devote enough time/space for maintaining them.

I'll be watching enviously as these ones get grown out & old rockstars found.

Thanks again for everything folks.

PS,
Please understand that I'm now thousands of miles away from my seed collections & as much as I'd like to do for more folks it's currently not possible.
Best Regards,

Tom

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work spreading those around, Tom :respect: and now w/ an online community, you'll be able to check the progress w/o the work! Hope to see alot of peeps documenting their grows here.
I'm a'waitin'! :lurk: