What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Led Vs. Hps - 70w Challenge

Medved

Helou everybody, my first post here. I hope you would enjoy in reading this thread. Let me introduce my test grow.

First of all I build a closet for my test grow. in each place is about 0,55 m2, each place is about 90 cm high. for better imagination here are some pics

6429obaprostora-med.JPG

I will use about 1400 led system, made by my friend who is also here LED_experiments, so I hope he will also answer on some questions here.

On the top it will be led room, and on the bottom will be HPS room. So the heat from HPS would go into LED room.

I decieded that I will be growing scrog. So the led lamps will be very close.

In each place I will have 6 girls. 3 AK-47 by serious seeds, and 3 DC x The pure skunk made by fellow grower and private breeder XYZ.

In this pic we can see HPS room with light installed and net on place.

642970WHPS-prostor1-med.JPG

The HPS is 70W 4Y brand new.

Here is another pic of both places.

6429oba-prostora-med.JPG

Maybe I will made another post a few hours later.

If you are interested in advance you can see all of this on www.konoplja.org

It's in slovenian language, but I will try to translate it later.

That's enought for my first post in here. Hope you will enjoy reading it

Till next time, Be happy

Last edited:

Medved

Led Vs. Hps - 70w Challenge

Time for second post today :joint: outside is raining so i'm stuck before computer :badday:

Here is a pic of one plate of led system (350 led)

6429plata-ledic.JPG

6429nazgana-plata-ledic.JPG

And here is a pic of all 4 led trays turned ON :)

6429Ledprostor-prazen.JPG

In next post I will show you my girls under LED system and under HPS, and let the challenge begin :)

PHB

Very cool! I've been looking forward to this since the day led_experiments hinted about it a few months back.

:lurk:

Thanks,
PHB

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Wow I'm definitely in for a seat here. I've been waiting to see this for a long time, I never thought it would actually show up though. This has some real potential, I can't wait to see the results.

Medved

It's time to see my girls :)

In this pic you can see, my 6 girls under 70 W HPS.

6429HPS-prostor-rozice.JPG

And here are 6 girls under 1400 led system (70W)

6429ledice-rozice.JPG

Here are all 2 places together.

6429obaprostora-rozice.JPG

and competition begin :)

blakhash

wow man im loving it, only question is why arent those LED's alot closer to the plants and just curious if those led's are the proper wave length?

Mr_Micro

Woah!
This is one cool cool experiment! :yes:

I'll be following this one all the way through for sure, since I'm deathly curious about the effectivity of LEDs in a micro growing scenerio. :smoke:

Medved

The led array is closer yeah :) but the first day when I snap those photos I was still instaling some things in the box, and I need to have it so high. Here is a photo how low is led array.

6429znizana_lampa.JPG

pumpkin2006

Wow, this is awesome. I've been waiting so long to see what will be better. Quick question, what wavelength and brand/model LED's are you using? Also, how much did that LED setup cost?

Medved

400: 25°, 40mW/sr
465: 18°, 11cd typ
630: 20°, 14cd typ
660: 30°, 4cd typ

I would say that the closet, and the led arrays were made by friends, work wasn't billed. Only the material was. Led arrays were made by friend, for free (exchange for weed) :D I would say that below 1000 eur for everything in here included HPS lamp and vents. Maybe later I will calculate how much everything cost.

J

Jam Master Jaco

I've been waiting months for you to do this :woohoo: :wave:

10 bucks says the hps will be better and quicker :tongue:

how hot does that light get? Cant wait to see what it can produce theres a company out with an led array thats spose to be 250 watt equivilant looks kinda good size and everything...would like to see what those little bastards can do. Also nice to see someone going up and above all the haters who think led's are a waste of time and give shit to those that speak of them. To many greedy people not enough scientists.

peace

G

The HPS should have no problems outperforming the LED's. From what I've seen LED's seem to make the plants a bit too strechy, minimizing the total amount of budsites.

But at least someone has the courage to try it. Most people don't want to sacrifice the time to complete a harvest in case things go badly, so I salute you and your experiment.

TMF

hgl

This will be very interesting !

are you gonna keep making video? It would be nice too!

Peace dude

Latest posts

Latest posts