What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little BHO question

Tokabowl

Hi guys,

Well I recently harvest 2 Grapefruit plants and have got about 35g of trim to play with...

I was thinking of using it to make a tincture, but then i thought i might aswell try BHO.

Now Im wandering if its actually worth doing a butane extraction for only 35g of trim...?

What kind of yield do you think i could expect from just over an ounce of trim?

Thanks for any input,

Peace
:joint:

THC4SIM

i recon about 2 grams maybe more depending on your trim..
how are you planning on doing it... BHO tube??

Tokabowl

THC4SIM said:
i recon about 2 grams maybe more depending on your trim..
how are you planning on doing it... BHO tube??

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yea Im going to use a BHO tube, but since Im too lazy to build one, i got the Honey Bee Extractor tube.

9931BHO.jpg

I only managed to find 2 different butanes around here (both the same brand : "Ronson")
The "normal", cheap one (got 3 x 250ml of these):
9931butane2.jpg

And a "refined" one, twice the price... (got 2 x 250ml)
9931butane1.jpg

(this is the one i will use, if 2 cans is enough...)

Now.... more questions:

Does someone here use the Honey Bee Extractor?

Lets say I fit 15g of herb into the tube (doesnt look big enough to fit 35g...),
how much butane do i need to wash it with? 1 can? 2 cans? 3?

Once the first lot is done, is it OK to just open the tube, empty, refill, and start again straight away? Does the filter need to be changed?

Sorry about all these questions, Ive never extracted this way and I want it to go smoothly and not risk either an explosion or loss of product...

Are there other things i am missing, should be aware of before i go ahead and do this?
The instructions that come with the tube are pretty much useless...

Thanks a lot for your help

Peace

THC4SIM

I use 2 large tins for 15g..

im not sure about the butane you are using, but if you do a search you should be able to find a list of safe butane to use..

i use the single version of this one..
http://okief.com/bhorow1col2.html

HoneyOil is knockout stuff, a few blobs on top of a bowl of bud!!! Goodnight!!
its nice stuff but it fucked my chest up after smoking too much of it...

G

DONT USE THE CMEMORY BUTANE!!! Use vectors 5 times filtered.
YOu can fit about 14 grams in a honey bee. Purge the butane through it untill the butane comes out clear. Prolly about 2 large cans per 14 grams. You can expect about 1-3 grams of honey from about 1 ounce of trim. Cut your trim with scissors not a grinder. Only cut a little to barley break it up. Than fill the tube but dont stuff tight.

HappyHemphog

OMG Dude, do NOT use that Ronson stuff. Throw it away now. That is the single WORST brand of butane for BHO.

The butane is refined, but then they add an odor that will fuck up your BHO but good.

The best way to test your butane is the good ol glass/mirror test. Release a squirt of butane on a glass/mirror and let it evaporate. If there is any film or residue left, toss it. That shit will end up in your BHO and who knows what smoking that will do to you.

Order up some King or Vector. Those are both very clean brands.

Tokabowl

Wow well Im glad i asked before going ahead and doing it with this gas then...
Thank you all.

Does anyone know of a good source of clean butane in the UK?

I just found this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=25349&source=2001&doy=search

here is the description:

Butane Refill

CFC free
High quality refined butane gas
Contains no contaminants
Supplied in a 200ml aerosol can

Ideal for refilling portable gas powered soldering irons, butane powered lighters, etc.
WARNING: Flammable contents, this product should be used in a well ventilated area.
PLEASE NOTE: By law we are not allowed to sell butane or solvent based products to persons under the age of 18

Would this do the job?

:chin:

Edit: King butane only ship to USA and vector online order is not working, but i guess its usa only too...

Last edited:
G

ebay you can find cases of 12 for 50 bucks US. I dont know about shipping. Look for a cigar shop supplier in your area.

G

good luck be safe and use plenty of ventilation. Outside is best. Smoke some for me!

HappyHemphog

I would want to read the label first. But that statement does lead one to believe it's clean.

You could always buy a can and give it a glass/mirror test. Ultimately that's the only way to see if your butane is really clean.

Tokabowl

Also found this one available in UK:
http://www.colibri-shop.co.uk/product.php?prodID=COLGAS

Supposedly clean...

Its available cheaper here: http://www.uksmokers.com/fuelflints.html

I will shop around a bit more tomorrow and hopefully find some.

HappyHemphog said:
I would want to read the label first
That was also how i was hoping to choose the right one, but you'd be surprised at how little info is given on the cans: neither of the cans i got today actually specify the contents lol... The only indications on the cans are: "Universal butane refill for lighters", "Highest quality butane for lighters", "Ultra refined for maximun care and performance", and all the classic warnings, but it doesn't specify anywhere whether its N-Butane or Isobutane and if it contains or not other chemicals (mercaptans (sp?))...

I did the mirror test with the ones i got and neither left a significant trace, only the outline of the "puddle" where it evaporated and maybe a tiny bit of clear "residue" but hardly if any... nothing like what is left in the picture in Chiefsmokingbud's thread. I'll hopefully see the difference with the clean one when i get some...

Gringo said:
good luck be safe and use plenty of ventilation. Outside is best. Smoke some for me!
Cheers man I will do my best. I will be doing it outdoors so hopefully all should go down smoothly, Im still a bit worried tho lol.

Anyway, thank you all for your help, Ill let you know how it all works out.

Peace

Last edited:

Sin Humo

This brand come well recommended and are very reasonably priced too - less than two quid for a 250 ml can in the city center

Keen Newport

I emailed them for a local supplier and they got back promptly.

Tokabowl

Thanks SH! I found some Sarome butane today, manufactured by Keen Newport, and it worked very well.
I have just succesfully finished the extraction, used 6 250ml cans to wash nearly 40g of trim + tiny bit of popcorn buds.
Did it outdoors, and i am now purging the last bit of the butane out of the honey.

My camera batteries are charging, ill post pictures of the scrape a bit later on :yummy:
looks like there will be a fair bit of oil in the end, cant wait to taste it!

Thanks again,

Peace

Tokabowl

Well here it is, my first batch of Butane Honey Oil :yummy:

Here are a few pics of the rewarding part of the process:

Nearly finished the purge:

9931BHO_1.jpg

9931BHO_2.jpg

9931BHO_3.jpg

9931BHO_4.jpg

9931BHO_5.jpg

9931BHO_6.jpg

Time for the scrape!

9931BHO_7.jpg

9931BHO_8.jpg

9931BHO_9.jpg

9931BHO_10.jpg

9931BHO_11.jpg

9931BHO_12.jpg

9931BHO_13.jpg

9931BHO_14.jpg

I did my best to scrape it all up... I think I did an alright job, ended up with 2.9g! 0.1-0.2g of which went straight into this joint im finishing now, and tbh I don't think Ive been this high since the last time I was in the Dam :yoinks:

Peace
:D

G

:canabis:

That shit looks sick dude, how was it? How much wattage did you have them under?

Hello?

Latest posts

Latest posts