What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100% flourescent grow

kurlyq2g

These are Clones of Reeferman's Cherry Bomb II, three phenotypes. They were chopped at around 70-75 days

These plants were vegged for nearly eight months. Fed with Organic teas of guano, castings, and molassas....

Vegged under a four foot, 4 bulb T5 Sunleaves system, then flowered under two four bulb, 4 foot T5 sunleaves systems with (four) 42 watt CFLs on the side. (in a closet)

7 gallon pots each, first a two inch layer of silica rocks, then a half inch of hydroton pellets, then fill with dirt.

13,000 btu portable A.C.

Vaportek 4000

Cab with a four bulb 2 foot T5 sunleaves setup for mothers/ larger veg. Also with some(3) 24 watt CFLs just for shits 'n' giggles.

Ended up with about 9 jars full of herb (standard small mason jar, not the big ones) from 3 plants.

Plant #1 A.K.A. The Queen
12810CB2edit.jpg

12810Cb2edit_2.jpg

12810CB2COLA.jpg

The main cola
12810CB2_3.jpg

12810CB2.jpg

12810CRop.jpg

One of the other phenotypes.
12810cb2_edit.jpg

12810cb3.jpg

The last and smallest yielding pheno type, with the most bright red/pink (cherry looking) stems. Also the most fruity smelling, but the smell does not come through in the taste.
12810CB5.jpg

There are also pictures of an Sour Bubble Bx3 X Sour Diesel IBL that was flowered in this space in my gallery.

Here she is at 29 days from switch to 12/12. Yielded 14+ grams of the highest quality medication, grown in a 5 gallon pot.

Much praise and respect to Dr.Katz420.

12810camera2_185.jpg

12810camera2_368_crop1.jpg

12810camera2_380_crop.jpg

12810camera2_392_edit.jpg

G

very nice man. thanks for sharing. how much did those lights run ya?

magoo

kick ass for flouros

Vegged for eight months?!

Thats crazy, you got some damn good results for your patience
Cheers!

Last edited:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
That looks really nice Kurly! Great job of growing that indeed, bravo on the patience with that veg time. lookin forward to seeing more to come. Dime

Total Nuggness! i'm impressed on how well these did, you know maybe floro is the way to go!
tell me the difference between t5 and t8 bulbs if you would please.
mad props. be cool

kurlyq2g

flouro comparison

flouro comparison

the differnce between the T numbers on lighting:
12810t5_clip_image001.gif
this was the first pic i ever loaded to ICmag, and i still use it to this day.

http://www.facilitiesnet.com/ms/article.asp?id=2075
taken from above web site;

The main characteristic that distinguishes T5 lamps from other families of fluorescent lamps is that they are designed to peak in their lumen output at 95 degrees, compared to 77 degrees for T12 and T8 lamps. See Table 2.

This thermal characteristic provides higher light output in confined applications with little or no air circulation, and it provides more usable lumens per watt in indirect fixtures. But the high bulb-wall brightness creates discomfort glare and prevents their use in direct, low-ceiling applications.

Hope it helps.

kurlyq2g

Ic00pa4: I have two 216 watt (4 bulb, 54 watt [i think] bulbs) four foot set ups in a closet, with four 42 watt cfls.

532 (T5s)
160+ (CFLs)
692 watts of floursecent power.

Any other questions/comments/criticisms?

Any feed back or advice is welcomed.

Thanks for coming be everyone, I appreciate the encouragement.

H

HighonthePrize

kurlyq2g said:
Ic00pa4: I have two 216 watt (4 bulb, 54 watt [i think] bulbs) four foot set ups in a closet, with four 42 watt cfls.

532 (T5s)
160+ (CFLs)
692 watts of floursecent power.

Any other questions/comments/criticisms?

Any feed back or advice is welcomed.

Thanks for coming be everyone, I appreciate the encouragement.

8x54=432, 4x42=168. 600watts. nice looking plants, though.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
thanks for the info kurly. right now im running 252w's off of 6 42w cfls. what was your yield like? 9 jars sounds like plenty to me, but it would be nice to know for reference purposes. another question, is cherry bomb II the same as cherry bomb indica? i was thinking of getting those genetics in the future and wondering how much indica they are. much love to you and your bud. time to get blazed off stupid bistros. :joint:

kurlyq2g

More pics to enjoy

More pics to enjoy

Ic00p4: I would guess I yielded between 3 and 3.5 Ounces so far. There is still more to chop. I will probably chop the rest tomorrow or the next day. Im not sure about your other question, I bet you could find your answer at either reefermanseeds.com, or use the search feature, OR (lol) check out his section in the vendor section.

MontrealJazz: The 4 foot systems were around $150 a piece(hydro store), bulbs included (of your spectrum choice). I don't recall the prices on the 2 foot system.

HighonthePrize: Thanks for the help, stoned math at 3 AM doesn't quite work so well sometimes. :pointlaug :pointlaug

DimeBag65: I have seen you around here alot, so it pleases me to have you participating in my little thread. I recently (10 days ago) threw my 2 best looking Mississippi Muds (JLP, i feel blessed :woohoo: ) into flower. I will post some of those pics in the next few days on my MM thread, so keep an eye out for that.

Moving on to the picture show,

Some of the buds on the Cherry Bomb II on the lower halves of the plants looked less mature than the tops, and were left to ripen.

I just smoked some of this weed, have some more in hand that has been curing for 2 weeks or so that I will smoke right now, and probably do a small smoke report on.

Let me know what you guys think.
If you guys like these pictures, I have many more i can share.
I love all your questions and comments.

12810Mikes_CameraFULL_141_C.jpg

12810Mikes_CameraFULL_148_.jpg

12810Mikes_CameraFULL_150_.jpg

12810Mikes_CameraFULL_157_.jpg

Crop from photograph above.
12810Mikes_CameraFULL_156_.jpg

12810Mikes_CameraFULL_159_.jpg

That is a killer grow....Im vegging my bubba kush s1's under 4 bulbs, its a T5 Sun System.......Something simple..I might try to flower and get 4 CFL's and rip it.....You give me great motivation....Great job on the flowers....A cure will bring out that taste for sure

Hey Kurly2g thanks for the info on "t" type bulbs, i still have one more question...when you say t5 peak at 95 degrees and t8 at 77degrees is this an angle or temp? sorry if this sounds dumb.
i have 6X48" t8s bulbs both warm and cool for my veg area, i want to get the best results i can and looking at your grow i haft to go to the master!
i keep the plants about one inch from the bulbs and do a 21/3 light schedule.
so far so good, i wanted to ask what you meant. thanks and keep the pictures coming.
p.s. are you starting something else? be cool

kurlyq2g

When the web site refers to the degrees it means temperature in F.

I am uploading pics of the Mississippi Mud I have in flower (for 11 days now.)

I also plan on flowering more cherry bomb and sour bubble X sour diesel clones when the space opens up.

The best advice i have to offer a flourescent grower is to LST pretty heavily to maximize light use.

More pics to come

G

guest5703

KURLY! whats up bro, I thought I'd check out your shit. Looks dank as fuck with flouros! fuck man you got a fat cola in one shot. Very impressive, I can't wait to grow indoors again!!! Peace bro :joint:

K

kokua

hey kurly...nice lookng plants. Have you been checking closely for bugs? The reason i ask is because it looks like some of your fan leaves are showing a bit of insect damage...thrips or mites possibly. You can check for the small bugs like these by getting a plain white piece of 9x11 paper and hold it under a couple of leaves while you shake the foliage...if there are any bugs, you will see them on the paper.

If you do have bugs you will want to treat right away, if not...they look great!

Last edited:

kurlyq2g

I have been treating the bugs as i go, they have been a big problem.

Mostly fungus gnats and thrips.

I have been trying neem oil, but they seem to be getting used to that, so im thinking of trying a tobacco/pepper mixture in combo with safer soap.

They come and go and have been bad lately in this heat.

Thanks for the interest, and the sound advice. Glad to have you here Kokua, I am a fan of your work.

K

kokua

if you want to rid yourself of thrips once and for all...this is your lucky day :) Check out Monteray Garden Insect Spray...

monterey-garden-large.jpg

I messed around with thrips for over a year before I successfully eliminated them. I used neem, soap, diatomaceous earth, pyrethrins, rotenone, you name it I tried it. They all seemed to knock them down, but none would eliminate them, until I tried the Monteray spray. 2 applications and I haven't seen a thrip since. If you ever believe anything you read on the net...believe that this works wonders for thrips. :) Try it...it works :joint:

http://www.biconet.com/botanicals/montereySpray.html
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/monterey-garden-insect.html