What's new

MrClean De-ionizer and other TDS readings

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read about the MrClean AutoDry carwash system

in this http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55810 thread, and was interested because i had a new TDS meter coming, so I picked up one of these systems, along with 3 different 'styles' of bottled water (all from the same manufacturer and bought at the same grocery store).

The MrClean AutoDry carwash system is a true de-ionizing system.

Looking at the filter, there are 2 tubes. I'd guess this is a two-bed system which is employing a separate cation and anion resin bed (one bed in each tube) to do the de-ionizing.

Here are some readings from my meter

1. Control - No water, just air - 000 ppm

2. Bottled "Purified" water (label says for all distilled water uses) - 000 ppm

3. Bottled "Drinking" water - 010 ppm

4. Bottled "Spring" water - 077 ppm

5. Local Tap water - 172 ppm

6. Local Tap water ran through MrClean AutoDry carwash system - 022 ppm

This verifies Pipedream's observations about the MrClean AutoDry carwash system lowering TDS ppms in tap water.

Again, the MrClean AutoDry carwash system is a true de-ionizing system

If you want to see how to take the unit apart check out Pipedream's thread, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55810.

Last edited:
Cool blynx... But instead of making a new thread, why didn't you just make this a post in Pipedreams original thead. That would help keep the knowledge all in one easy to study area, rather then going to different places to find the information.

Just my .02

I'm still giving you some K+ for the post. It was very informative

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread was to show readings of my new TDS meter on bottled water and verify his thread. Why would I bury my bottled water readings in his thread?

Do you have to mod this thing? I presume you can just attach it to the end of a hose and fill your res right? The other thread shows a mod, but it hardly needs it??

wh1te

Homegrow3r said:
Do you have to mod this thing? I presume you can just attach it to the end of a hose and fill your res right? The other thread shows a mod, but it hardly needs it??

From what I have seen by looking at a friends this could be done without the modification but it takes up much more room with it how it is.

I have lots of room, strikes me as simpler to just hook it up to a garden hose and run it straight as is with no soap in to my pre res. Nice one, thanks for the help.

I just bought mine last night at walmart...i'm about to dig in and frankenstein that bitch up....It was the last one and it was like twenty bucks...the box was all torn and had been abused, and the starter soap was missing!! I was pissed at first cause it was more expensive than I had read about and I didn't want one that was abused like that...but I made up for it by sticking a ten use replacement filter in where the starter soap was supposed to be....so it actually ended up working out better for me that it was torn!!!yay..I thought you guys would appreciate this..

i just finished modifying my mr.clean, but my tap water came out the same...i'm kinda pissed off now...is there a warm up period where the filter has to become saturated first? any thoughts would be greatly stress relieving..

Latest posts

Latest posts