What's new

L.E.D./Stealth drobe/LowRyder2

dav zap

Midway into the grow, one month, bud sites seen. Plant is now 18" tall. In a spacious office supply cabinet, double doors, cab is 6'X3'X1.5'.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
dav zab There we go..... looks nice....

Please elaborate on your lighting system..... cost, specs... etc.....

I'll be watching...

dav zap

Nuts & Bolts

Nuts & Bolts

Lighting: 5 - Red arrays 180 diodes ea. 10 watts
2 Blue arrays - 70 diodes ea. 3 watts
1 ZOO-MED ReptiSun Lizard Light - UV-B during bud formation for THC
Total electric lights Just over 60 watts :joint: :wave: :pointlaug
$ - LED = $600. ( this is outdated equipment purchased at older price schedule, the same & better can be had for about half that now, from the same supplier! New models are much higher output for about the same price, meaning that the same amount of light can now be had for half what I spent.)

Last edited:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
What would that be equivalent to as far as say CFL..HID???

Pricing on those? Have you ever ran HID? CFL? How do the Light Emitting Diodes compare?

dav zap

Difficiult to compare

Difficiult to compare

Hello BC. I also run a 400 watt HPS in a small walk-in closet.
And another drobe, double decker set-up, 6 - 42 watt CFL on the lower level. Used for veg.
Upper level is 2 - 70 watt HPS and a couple more CFLs with it. Plan on getting more LEDs to use in combination with the HPS 70's.
New Full-Spectrum LED Growlights seem the cats arse. My supplier just released them and filled a big order from Europe for a clone grow op, using the FullSpectrum units. I'm anxious to get one.
:wave: :joint:
(My supplier is LEDGrowlights.com)

dav zap

Greetings to IC Mag People

Greetings to IC Mag People

I just want to say that I am very happy to join the IC Mag group. It seems more mature here than the other MJ sites. Yes of course we miss OverGrow.com, but I won't say that I was an old hand there, I wasn't. I just started at the forums a short time before they were murdered. So at any rate it is good to be here, now. Thank-You all.
PEACE :joint: :wave:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
Do they look like a square with both the blue and red diodes?? My supplier has them and they're expensive in comparison to HID...

They also use a lot less energy.

you should light proof your container. you dont want light hitting those roots. nice setup though. good luck and keep those pics coming!

dav zap

LEDGrowlights.com

LEDGrowlights.com

These are 5" diameter reds.
and 3" diameter blues.
The new blue is in a PAR flood/spot reflector housing. Which really concentrates the light very intensely. Outperforms the old one by a lot.

dav zap

Chinese food

Chinese food

hey mushupork5, that is a pet project tangient of mine; does light bother 'dro roots or is it just a precaution for algae? In the past I covered the rez to satisfy my freinds at UK420.com, who asked me to. But this time I decided to see from experience. So far its a month and the roots are copious and the plant is growing big and quickly, too. So what is one to think? I know not. But I do like the visual aid trip! (I'm a retired photographer) :fsu:

Last edited:

dav zap

more LR2

more LR2

Also growing now in the HPS room, some LowRyder2 in another DWC unit, under 400 watts, and two weeks behind the LED plant. So we can sort of compare. :pointlaug :wave:

Last edited:
G

good to see you made your way to micros, i saw your thread in introductions and was really interested as there seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding LED grows.

im a bit of a photographer myself but my camera phone doesnt allow me to do too much.

dav zap

HPS baby LR2 -
Hey man rkrone glad to see you here, thanks for stopping in. Maybe we can clear up a little bit about LED to grow. The camera of today, not a Nikon or Canon, but a cell phone-cam!! :dueling:

G

hope you dont mind a few of these on your thread, here are some that i took with my cell phone cam

Latest posts

Latest posts