What's new

Dont waste your money on Vaportronics

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Spend your money on the disks! :kissass:
The Vaportronic cabinet is a $2 piece of taiwanese junk selling for $25 to $35. The effective part of the setup is the disks themselves. My Vaportronic cabinet stopped working after a week and I didnt really notice much of a difference in the odor control with it on or off. With 4 disks and a high setting I could still smell the plants in my unsealed room. Once I noticed the fan had stopped spinning I took the disks out and stuck two of them in the fins of the oscillating fan in the room. 5 minutes later the whole room smelled like I thought it was supposed to smell like when I bought this thing!

I then cut a disk in half and put a half in my small veg closet fan and now I cant smell the veggers either! I stuck another couple halves in the fins of the house's HVAC vents and now the whole house smells lightly like the neutral disks with NO MJ SMELL anywhere.
The only drawback is the disks will dry out quicker needing replacement more often. Small price to pay for a clean (and uniform...which I think is important) smelling house. Just buy the disks and make use of them....the cabinet is junk.

Last edited:

Sauce

While I do agree with you GrowTime, the unit is only $25 so not a huge loss. Also if you put the discs near a high flow fan they will dry up much quicker. If you are going to use the discs alone put them near a light air flow or very small fan.

I also use the discs alone in my my cabs. I just put the discs near a passive intake so that they don't dry up too quick.

After using the Vaportronic for awhile I don't think it alone will control odor of even a small grow (depending on odor level) but it definitely helps and with a scrubber is a very good combo. Right now this is the only thing I'm using for odor which makes me change the discs a lot more often. I plan on buying a Odorsok scrubber soon though.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Sauce said:
While I do agree with you GrowTime, the unit is only $25 so not a huge loss. Also if you put the discs near a high flow fan they will dry up much quicker. If you are going to use the discs alone put them near a light air flow or very small fan.

This is very true. They are drying out much faster but I expected that anyway. But they are working and thats what matters to me the most. I could have spent the other $25 on 12 more disks! Damn. Im going to keep experimenting with the disks and see what other uses I can find for them.

G

IGT did you check you "D" battery lol?Just kiddin I have to say at first I was impressed with the tronic optimum 4000 in the flower room and wall mount vaportek in the hang/dry room.They will work if your plants are small/non-odorous.I'm flowering 25 4 ft plants in an 8 by 8 room and at around day 40,I have a new cart set on 9 and its being totally overpowered.You still cant smell it in the yard thank goodness because thats what counts,but I can smell it outside the bedroom door and a little in the living room.It shouldnt be the main odor control like I was hoping it would be.

007grow

ItsGrowTime said:
This is very true. They are drying out much faster but I expected that anyway. But they are working and thats what matters to me the most. I could have spent the other $25 on 12 more disks! Damn. Im going to keep experimenting with the disks and see what other uses I can find for them.

how effective are the disks at nuetralizing odor my ac sucks in a small amount of dirty air when the compressor runs I was thinking about throwing some of these disks in there if they will nuetralise the small amount otherwise the 120day lasting even 60days is only $1 day put that in the room with some carbon and if what I am reading is true should be set

trips me out though i know the sd smells but there are some crazy purple strains that stink ungodly through carbon through everything hopefully this will be my solution

H

Hal

Here's an idea...

If you are growing in a cabinet, and you have a passive intake, install one of the neutral scent disks in the screen that covers your intake hole.

Think that would work?

I did some research on this system a while ago, and remember discovering (after I made my purchase, of course...) that only one of the disks available for this system will actually mask the odor of cannabis. I believe it was the neutral, but my memory is failing me. Can someone confirm this?

MinceMan

So why wouldn't you put these on your exhaust fans, if growing in a small cab. I would think if it was on the exhuast, you had intake and sealed the rest you would be good.

Stone

I just got the Vaportronic w/ 12 classic neutral disks.

While I agree that the disks are really the heart of the system, I don't think a blanket statement like ' don't but the machine' really applies to everyone.

For one the machine really helps control the dispersal rate. I notice when you open a new disk you almost want it off, and having it in that enclosure really helps slow down its initial strength.
Then as it ages, you can up the speed to get it wher it needs to be, neutralizing odor.

One of the reasons I really like the vaportronic is b/c in the event of a power failure your little 'tronic keeps whirling away like nothing's wrong... If you were to rely on a A/C fan for dispersal and a power outage knocks out your fan & carbon scrubber ( which you should also have) your SOL.

IMO, the vaportronic also extends the life of the disks. And in the long run, the amount you save in not needing new disks as often becomes more than the cost of the unit. Added to your ability to control the odor dispersal rate, I think for most they are worthwhile.

I do agree that for some that already have a cab set up, or a system that cooperates, then only the disks will get you by.
But for my peace of mind & the small cost I went w/ the unit & am happy I did.

I would like to note that unless you have a VERY small grow, this system should really be used as a backup for you carbon scrubber. These two combined & you should be set. Just make sure you don't have your vaportronic near the scrubber intake for maximum effectiveness.

I

impeachme2

Are the discs filled with ONA that is the same as other ONA products that are sold in buckets or large containers?

H

Hal

Don't think so....

Ona is a gel, these discs are chemical scent. I suppose Ona might have the same chemical, in a gel, but I don't think so. I tried Ona, and it didn't work for my 4 plant grow, so I was dissappointed in it.

I think it was Rezdog, anyway, it was some grower who had a few K of lighting going, who praised these Vaportronics. Gotta get the neutral scent though.

southpaw

Three 10" Maple Leaf Indicas are currently giving my Vaportronic all it can handle. It's not a bad product, just don't count on it to "neutralize" even relatively small spaces with stinky strains without burning a ton of disks.

H

Hal

Southpaw...

Are you using the "neutral" scent disks? The neutral scent disks are the only ones, out of the numerous choices the company offers, that will actually cover up (or "remove", not sure which is most accurate...) the smell of cannabis.

I made the mistake of getting the lemon scented disks when I bought the system, and I had the same experience as you....then I found out that the only ones that work are the neutral scented ones. I didn't pick this scent initially because it has a slightly more chemically odor, kinda like Big Red Gum, and I didn't think it would seem natural in a person's home. But I think that if you take the time to dial it in with its dispersal rate, you can keep the scent itself almost unnoticeable. Gotta be the neutral.

Spend your money on the disks! :kissass:
The Vaportronic cabinet is a $2 piece of taiwanese junk selling for $25 to $35. The effective part of the setup is the disks themselves. My Vaportronic cabinet stopped working after a week and I didnt really notice much of a difference in the odor control with it on or off. With 4 disks and a high setting I could still smell the plants in my unsealed room. Once I noticed the fan had stopped spinning I took the disks out and stuck two of them in the fins of the oscillating fan in the room. 5 minutes later the whole room smelled like I thought it was supposed to smell like when I bought this thing!

I then cut a disk in half and put a half in my small veg closet fan and now I cant smell the veggers either! I stuck another couple halves in the fins of the house's HVAC vents and now the whole house smells lightly like the neutral disks with NO MJ SMELL anywhere.
The only drawback is the disks will dry out quicker needing replacement more often. Small price to pay for a clean (and uniform...which I think is important) smelling house. Just buy the disks and make use of them....the cabinet is junk.

u said it pefectly man, thats what i found out as well, unit is worthless, odor control just got cheaper folks, its now about 2.25 dollars a month.

i will say that the smell itself of the neutral disk is like the previous poster said ''something u think wouldnt be in a persons home''. at first it is overpowering, and for me i keep it in a opened ziplock baggie, (i dont like the unit so much). its a bummer that no other scent is supposed to work, ive heard of a few people saying they have used lemon n forrest n liked them, wish there were better scents, anybody tried there linen scented disk?

Latest posts

Latest posts