What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[250w HPS + 40w CFL] {DWC LST} ~ICE & Chrystal~ (Stealth Dresser)

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
:wave: Hey ICmag!!! :wave:

-For those of you who dont know me, i'm pontiac and this my second major grow here. My previous grow was a 400w DWC AK48 ScrOG, which i started exactly a year ago; I yielded 8.25oz on that one :yummy:. Well long story short, i let some desperate distant relatives move in with me and i cant use my 400w setup for a few months. :pointlaug So finally i decided to do a stealth grow to fullfil my weed needs. :joint:

-Anyway, lets get down to buisness. :whip:

-Here is a brief summary of my setup:

• Modified Dresser Cabinet - 34.625"L x 15.5"W x 41"H (Grow space dimensions, not cabinet dimensions)
  • 250w HPS Digital Ballast & Full Spectrum Bulb (30000+ Lumens @ 2000k)
  • DIY Baking Pan Reflector
  • 2 - 20w CFL (900 Lumens Each @ 5500k)
  • 2 - 2 Plant DWC @ 4.5 Gallons Each
  • Small 6" Circulation Fan
  • 265cfm Dayton Exhaust Blower With 4" Intake & Exhaust
  • Carbon Filter @ 4" x 10"
  • 4500 CC/Min Variable Dual Output Airpump & 6" Alita Airstones
Total Cost: Less than $325 :D

-Let there be pics!:

-This an animation of how i access the grow area (The dresser is very easy to move since i have placed furniture sliders on the legs):

---ANIMATION--- (May take some time to load - 1662.17 KB)
10152StealthCabAni.gif

-Heres a pic of the cabinet front. Theres no way of telling that its a grow cab:

-Heres a pic of the back door. The door is held by velcro strips which are placed around the perimeter:

-Heres a pic of the digi ballast placed on the bottom of the cab. Digi or not, it is important to place the ballast outside in order to reduce heat:

-Heres a pic of the back without the door:

-Pic from under:

-HPS bulb and DIY Reflector:

-Here are some of my nutrients and grow tools:

-Test Meters:

-Early Ice and Chrystal seedling pic:

-About my grow:

-The two strains i chose was Nirvana ICE and Nirvana Chrystal, i heard some good things about them so i thought i'd give them a shot. This grow is a "seed to weed" grow, instead of clones like my previous grow. So this means that i wont know which ones male and which one is female until early flowering. This is the main reason i chose LST instead of ScrOG (Since it'll be very difficult to remove a male from the screen), plus i'm to lazy to work on a scrog. :bat:

-By the way, heres a list of all my nutrients, supplements and buffers:

• Base Nutes:
    • Gen Hydro - MaxiGro
    • Gen Hydro - MaxiBloom
  • Supplements:
    • Gen Hydro - Floralicious Grow
    • Gen Hydro - Floralicious Bloom
    • Gen Hydro - KoolBloom
    • Gen Hydro - Rare Earth
    • Botanicare - Clearex
    • Botanicare - Hydroguard
    • Maxicrop - Liquified Seaweed
    • Generic - Epsom Salts
    • Generic - Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
  • Buffers
    • Gen Hydro - pH up
    • Gen Hydro - pH down
-Well anyway the next post will be the beggining of my new diary so stay tuned! Till then, feel free to post some comments and suggestions. :wave:

(Notes to self- Chrystal on left side, Ice on right side; get a res thermometer)
( Click here to view my posts only)

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
==================================================
Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: 71 F, External Temp: 68 F,
Res Temp: :confused:, Humidity: 44%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 24/0

ICE STATUS
DAY 1 (Transplant)
87 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.35, PPM: 204 @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY 1 (Transplant)
90 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.19, PPM: 182 @ .5 conversion
==================================================​

The ice seeds were extremley vigorous since day 1. I soaked 3 seeds in seaweed enriched water and the tap roots appeared in just 36 hours. I popped them in some oasis cubes and the roots fully busted out in a week or so. They (along with chrystal) also survived some serious negligence; I left the seedlings too close to a CFL and they were all sevierly burned. I thought that i would have to start over again, but they recovered pretty damn well. Today i transfered them into a DWC system, where two of the seedlings are sharing a plant site while the other one gets its own (the same with the chrystal seedlings).

On the other hand, the chrystal seeds are not doing so well. Since day one their growth were sluggish and unconsistant. Unlike the ice seedlings, they didnt recover that well from my negligence, but i think theyre doing ok now.

Right now the ice and chrystal seedlings are in "transplant phase", where i only feed them a tiny amount of veg and bloom ferts, keep the ppm under 400 or so and put the light cycle @ 24/0. They'll go into "veg phase" (18/6, high N ferts; 400+ ppm) once the roots are nicley developed and the seedlings grow a few more nodes.

Nothing much to see, but here are the seedling pics:

Chrystal Seedlings:

Ice Seedlings:

Ambient Conditions:

Last edited:

hanfiking

Your keeping the light on 24hrs a day?? why not let the plants respire for a couple of hours? how many days old are they now??

PEACE

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
hanfiking- Well i'm keeping the lights on 24/0 only for a short period; I remember reading somewhere that seedlings/clones should get 24 hours of light untill they get bigger. I'll change the light cycle to 18/6 after the roots bust out of the net pots.
Theyre about two weeks old, but i only transfer clones/seedlings to the dwc only after the roots pop out of the growing medium. :wave:

BR- Thanks man! Hope you stick around. :wave:

GiO- If you look closely, you'll see that I have a carbon filter inside the cab. The dayton "sucks through" the carbon filter and exhausts air out through the top of the cab via 4" ducting. The intake is on the bottom right side of the back door.

SB2- Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

H&L- lol thanks; dont stare at it for too long :D

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Well i use a 4" circular louver that mounts flush on top of the cab. The louvers causes the air to exhaust an an angle instead of directly upwards. So i simply put a photo frame in front of it and thats pretty much how i hide the exhaust.

Grownz

Nice stealth! Me likes!
Maybe put a hollow speaker on top of that vent or TV or something. That would bug me.lol Just me probably.
I will be watching this! Good luck.

G

Nice - I like the foil pan for reflector. I've done that for a couple o' grows now.

Good luck

ws

hanfiking

I see, thats clever dude, I'm gonna do that too, its a good idea!!
I agree with everyone else, this is one to watch, love the setup.

PEACE

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Grownz- Yea i guess i could cover up the hole a bit more. Thanks for the advice! :wave:

WS- Yea pan reflectors are the way to go. I really dont feel like spending $30 for a batwing reflector, when i can just spend $0.33 for a pan. Thanks for stopping by. :wave:

hanfiking- Thanks man! Hope to see you around. :wave:

NSS- Pass around that joint and popcorn to the other lurkers :D

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Ambient Conditions
Internal Temp: 68 F, External Temp: 65 F,
Res Temp: :confused:, Humidity: 51%,
Light Cycle Hours (on/off): 24/0

ICE STATUS
DAY 3 (Transplant)
85 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.65, PPM: 370 @ .5 conversion
Chrystal STATUS
DAY 3 (Transplant)
88 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
pH: 5.49, PPM: 359 @ .5 conversion
==================================================​

Today i rased the ppm over 350 for both plants; i also added some organic based nutes. One thing i hate about organic based nutes is that they change the res color into some doodoo brown color, but thats the price you have to pay for good flavor.

The seedlings are looking a hell-of-alot better than before. I thought they would never recover from that CFL burn, but here they are today:

ICE:

Chrystal:

Effects of Organic Based nutes on Res:

Last edited:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Whoa...I'm late :yoinks:

Simply awesome Pontiac! :respect:
Getting to see your plan in action is a treat :smile:

Looks like you have the perfect amount of space in the stealth little cab to make this a very interesting grow. As you can see you've piqued the interest of much of the community :yes:

I'll be hangin out right here :lurk:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
JM- Thanks man, good luck with your stealth grow. :yes:

TML- Meh, youre not that late; This grow has just began. :D Its great to see you here bro, now i'm 100% sure i'll sail through this grow. Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Damn, theres still like 90+ days 'till harvest; that seems like forever. :badday:

Last edited:

hanfiking

Would be cool if we could fast forward the whole process. But growing is so much fun, the best plant would be one that lived like a tree and had monthly harvests, the maturer it gets the stronger it gets and it's taste evolves. oh and while I'm having a dream the plant might aswell change colour with the seasons too.

Isn't it time for an update? anyone?
Can't wait!

PEACE