What's new

Lowryder DWC mason jar

Hey all, here is my little lowryder gal.

This girl is a month and a bit old, growing in rockwool in a mason jar with a bubbler.

I am in need of lowryder seeds for the outdoor season, but i have too many skunk females to let a male fully flower so i snipped off an immature top of a male lowryder and stuck it in some rockwool to mature a bit. Every day i tap some pollen onto the lowryder female... and keep my skunk safe. So far it has been quite successful i've got the 20 or 30 seeds i wanted.

my nutes are "total nutrition" (3-1-3-.4) from the steel city hydro store, supplemented with "total nutrition:bloom" (0-2-3-0) and epsom salts, as well as phosphoric acid as pH down.

I highly recommend lowryder done hydroponically. My lights are on 24/7 so in a month of growing my lowryder have gotten a month of light while my skunk have only gotten 15 days. The smoke is tasty even if the buzz isn't fantastic. The plants are very worthwhile, i'm planning on spreading them everywhere with about 200 seeds available to me.

She looks a little sick, maybe even a couple dots of mold on the leaves.. i think i may have over fertilized her last time... everything has been corrected since but she still could be better.

Wacky Tobacky

very nice!!! lol i think its funny that you used a mason jar as a DWC. very creative.
hope you get alot of seeds from it.

btw pk4200 you might want to read before posting.......

Thanks man, the only problem is the root mass has grown into the shape of the jar so i cant get it out anymore. My only recommendation is that you use a non-tapered jar.

She's got a couple weeks left, i just snipped the lowest 2 branches off because they dont have any seeds and are not in the light whatsoever. I'll let her go as long as she wants, she was probably pollinated a bit late.

Ryu

hey funkbudda. I heard it was not possible to clone the lowryder plants. Can you shed any light on this for me?

Also, can you point me in the direction of any material that will help in trying to make some decent seeds from my stock? when and how to harvest them etc.

Cheers Muchos

Ryu

I've never heard of anybody being able to successfully clone one. It is for the same reason you can't clone a plant once it has started flowering. By the time there was a shoot big enough to snip and root it would already be making flowers. Even if you were to successfully root one it wouldn't have any time to grow before it started to die.

As for producing seeds, dont kill your males and you'll already be there. Leave the seeds for as long as possible, ideally you should let the pregnant plant die naturally, then keep them relatively dry until you're ready to use them (wait at least a month for them to dry out before sprouting).