What's new

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's delicious stuff - on my fourth of the afternoon, and getting higher all the time...:)

I'm just off to the country to Neem my plants and prevent slugs - they're nibbling like crazy, and it's stopping them from getting going properly. Oh, and I just found out there's deer in the area. We don't have many deer 5 miles from the city, but of course, I had to pick the one spot where we do...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, what do you know? An hour after writing this, I bumped into four red deer - two with huge antlers and everything!

I got within 30m before they spotted me and scarpered, and didn't have time to take pics, but now I know they're there, I'll be ready next time.

And they haven't eaten my plants. I've now realised though that the main spot I've used appears to be one of the deer's 'bedrooms', where they all kip for the night - I found large flattened areas of bracken all around the area. So I pissed as best I could around my plants, and hope we can all agree to share the lovely space I've discovered...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
15. Goldfinger (Malawi Gold X Flo), pheno#1 - 77 days.

15. Goldfinger (Malawi Gold X Flo), pheno#1 - 77 days.

I harvested the first pheno of this cross today at eleven weeks exactly - as always 'it could have gone a week longer', but I don't have a week longer! This pheno is the more Flo-dominant of the two - despite its appearance, the Flo profile is still there, and the coloration after trimming is very similar to my green Flo pheno.

The smell is floral/fruity/carrot, with a very spicy smell when rubbed - in the 'hot' spice range - pepper, paprika etc. It's still got both the parent smells in there, but more hot than either. It's also very sticky...:)

The plant was one metre tall exactly, and branched considerably - despite the weight of the top buds, it's held itself up pretty well. Most of the shade leaves dropped off during the flush, but another week would really have brought more of the colors out. Still, the resin coverage is very good, and looks to be an excellent smoke.

I still don't know when I'll get to incross this hybrid to F2, but this is an pretty good intro for now...

Total Yield (manicured buds): 128 grams (4.6 ounces)

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
16. Goldfinger (Malawi Gold X Flo), pheno#2 - 80 days.

16. Goldfinger (Malawi Gold X Flo), pheno#2 - 80 days.

As with the other pheno, this could probably have gone a little longer, but I decided to chop it now for safety reasons - there are just too many dodgy things going on here now to have large plants standing around! But it looks great, despite the spider-mite damage - they didn't get anything important, and most of the buds were developed before they moved in, so no big deal really.

Like the other pheno, the plant was exactly one metre tall, but with much more compact, cylindrical buds than pheno #1 - they are also more dense to the touch, and very sticky. Whilst still a foxtailing pheno, these stay much closer to the main stem, resulting in a tighter bud.

The pheno leans more toward the Malawi parent this time, and the smell is similar, though much more intense and exciting. The floral component is very strong on this one, somewhere between bluebells and lilies, if you can imagine that. And overlaid on that is a very sweet spice - ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, that kind of thing.

I think this pheno willl be a glorious smoke, and looks to be a heavier yielder than the other pheno too - in fact for almost pure sativas from seed, I'm very happy with the size of buds these two have produced - the first pheno is much lighter and airy, but very resinous like this one - and way more than the pure Malawi.

Total Yield (manicured buds): 132 grams (4.7 ounces)

Last edited:
G

beautiful looking cross bro, nothing is more beautiful than maturing sativa buds!
hit me up when you get a minute to chat about that highland oaxacan gold. :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
H&L - They look great don't they? Shame about the Borg, but what you gonna do? They were too late, as usual!

I just checked the hanging plant - the most sickly-sweet floral smell imagineable - very nice. And I just chopped the MoFlo, and got some of the best pics I've ever done, and I'll get those up asap.

Send me a PM if you like - I'm around most of the day.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey yur Goldfinger got a little of the purple from the flo? The airy MGold buds are present there as well...looks great Bro....Dr. Duck.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Only really on the undersides of the leaves - lilac color. But the overall bud color is that beautiful blue-green you get with DJ's work. The other plant is more Malawi in structure, but has denser buds, and a more fragrant aroma.

I'm just testing out the first pheno now - it's a little raw obviously, but it's pretty strong, even at this stage. And very stimulating indeed in the old cranium...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Isn't she? I just had a friend round checking the hanging plants - he's never seen Flo before, and his jaw just dropped open. It does look good - this big purple blob surrounded by green...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Wow, you get up so early! :)

Thanks for the compliment - though the Flo family is so photogenic, it's hard to screw up really...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
17. Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica (aka 'Tar Baby'), pheno #3 - 81 days.

17. Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica (aka 'Tar Baby'), pheno #3 - 81 days.

Here's the last of the three phenos of this stunning accidental cross, and this one is truly a monster, though at nearly twelve weeks, it should be! Twelve weeks! For a pure indica! What's going on there then?

The whole flower cycle has semed in slow motion, compared to the other two, but I can see why now - these buds are huge, and rock-hard. Now I know the weight of the buds of the other plants, I think this one will yield good - it stands a metre tall. It has the same maple/honey/musky smell as the others, but this one also has a strong citrus overtone, though exotic - this is peaches or tangerines, and it's gorgeous. There's also the weird stink of DMT in the background, which I've noticed on a few strains, but that seems to fade on drying.... :chin:

To be honest, I think would have been better going the full twelve weeks, but regular readers of the grow diary will know why it had to come down now - I'm happy with this one. The resin has really built up in the last week, and the trichomes are mostly cloudy - whether the high will match the flower-time, and have a more sativa edge remains to be seen...

Total Yield (manicured buds): 107 grams (3.8 ounces)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts