What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks! It's nice to know that it's appreciated. To be honest though, I think 'green fingers' is as much down to just being prepared to spend a lot of time with the plants, and also sacrificing a lot of what most folks would call a social life! It's been a good, long project though, and I've learnt so much so far, that I don't mind the relative solitude.

I just spent half an hour re-tying up the two Goldfingers again - getting a little floppy now, as they're beginning to swell up...they're going to make some fantastic photos...:)

HashishinReidi

I know what you mean Em its thesame for me and my m8 , i do know what you mean about the social life! bit .Its such a shame we have to keep this little hobby of ours, that we all love so much a secret.Anyways m8 take it easy and stay safe.

Last edited:

evilunclephil

I just have to say that I find your skunk#1 A phenotype absolutely inspiring. I'm growing out a bunch of superskunk right now, I'll be happy if I get results even CLOSE to how well you do.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
They're very light, fluffy buds when they're dry - strange one. After seeing someone else's grow on here, I'm inclined to think I got a Skunk X Haze seed mixed up in the pack - it's a very strange growth pattern, and takes 13 weeks! And the high is extemely trippy and stimulating - far more so than the other two phenos. There's some more pics from an earlier grow in this section under 'Seedsman Skunk#1' if you do a search.

dvwicked

Gorgeous pictures. I find myself in envy of that purple goodness.

I'm not getting high much lately...but at least im getting laid :)

nice job man, gl with the next run !

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
your photo skills and plants are so nice bro!

just as fine as sex!

HashishinReidi

LOL esbe ,Sounds like a nice toke to me em the sh .sorry about that esbe just made me forget what i was going to say when i read his coment lol .Iknow it was somthing about the skunk haze nevermind it will cometo me one day.Esbe thats your fault m8 lol.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
13. Skunk#1 X Flo (aka 'The Funk') - 68 days.

13. Skunk#1 X Flo (aka 'The Funk') - 68 days.

This cross should certainly live up to its nickname...this pheno was the only one I kept out of ten seeds - I gave a couple away (which I've still to check on), and chucked out the rest - I just wanted good example of what this cross could do. And what an example...

Just about the only downside to this pheno is that it has absolutely no resistance to spidermites - they really went to town on this one! But strangely, they left most of the other plants alone, which makes me wonder if there's a principle here - that of the 'sacrificial plant'... :chin:

Spider-mites aside, it's a really surprising pheno, as it's way more chunky and indica-looking than either of the parents - the skunk used was the most indica of the three, the super-fruity pheno - but given the two parents, this is amazingly squat. But the buds are ridiculously chunky and lumpy, with a great degree of irregularity - but Flo is still apparent in the long spear shapes on top.

Resin production is high, and the smell is a gorgeous tropical fruity mix - very thick, and hard to be specific what it is raw (mangoes or papaya maybe?), but I think this will be a tasty one. It could have easily gone another week, even at ten weeks, which again is longer than either parent, but it's long enough to get an idea - and I couldn't face seeing it get eaten any more.

I've got another ten new seedlings growing out of this hybrid, which will get tested outdoors guerilla style - I don't think all phenos will need ten weeks to flower, and they should just about finish in the UK.

But I look forward to this one dry, that's for sure...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 84 grams (3 ounces)

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Those are LOVELY looking ladies... Gotta love that Flo.. one of the best around...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
14. 'MoFlo' (Flo incross), version 1a - 52 days.

14. 'MoFlo' (Flo incross), version 1a - 52 days.

OK - this is how NOT to make a selection purely on visual criteria!

This weird plant was kept as a test, after growing out a bunch of seeds to find a breeding male - it originally flowered with male parts, and then dropped them and began flowering as a female. In veg it was the most perfectly symmetrical and beautiful plant, with perfect leaves. Then it all went wrong...:)

It was left in the cupboard with my MoFlo male for the first week of flower until I knew what it was, and so it has several seeds scattered through it - whether I keep this one going I don't know! It's only grown 2 inches in flower, (finished at 16 inches)and I have had a few 'petite' phenos show up in Flo - this one just didn't want to grow, and didn't produce a large rootball at all. The leaves also began to show a similar problem to my earlier purple - dry, brown patches appearing, though they didn't wither and fall off.

However - the smell is great - very sativa-leaning, and quite similar to the Malawi Gold. I smoked a tiny bud that I pulled off last week, and it's very potent and up, as usual. So it looks like it's purely a physical thing. The buds are weird - foxtailing in very distinct clumps, and have the 'dry' resin feel to them.

I reckon I'll only pull half an ounce or so, but should be nice smoke at least...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
SmokerE - yep - dry weight of trimmed, finished buds. I just posted the Skunk X Flo yield - 3 ounces exactly from a 16-inch tall plant...not bad...:)

I'm saving the trim from each plant for hash-making in a week or so, and there will be (I think) trim from 17 different varieties or phenos going 'in the pot' - everything posted in this thread basically. There isn't a huge amount of trim, but I'll get a few grams at least of some top quality bubble... :yummy:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've just smoked a test bud of this Skunk X Flo - uncured obviously, but dry - it's awesome. It actually smells way closer to my green Flo pheno than anything else I have, but it does have a very weird fruity smell - somewhere between apricots and apples, if you can imagine that!

And the high is up, strong and clear, which is great news for my experiment - given the plant profile, you might imagine an indica hit, but given the parentage, I guess not - Skunk is predominately Colombian/Mexican, whilst Flo is mainly Thai/Mexican - not a bad bet for some stimulation eh...? :)