What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How can I get B'Cuzz coco to be like Ready-Gro?

MCMC

I can't get any ready-gro. The only Coco that I know of is B'Cuzz brand. I bought it. The store owner told me to just add 30% perlit and it would be the same thing. It Isn't!
I am No Master Grower! That's why I want something pretty simple. Ready-Gro has a multitude of stuff in it. Lots of little additive to help with the general health of the plant. I want to add stuff but I know it will mess with the drainage and other properties which make the coco so much better.
I have been considering adding 20%-50% FoxFarm soil. maybe Ocean Forrest to get a better tasting crop without losing much of my yield. I though it would work better If I can keep the top of the pot dirt & the bottom of the pot coco and perlite. I figured I had to make sure the soil had enough drainage for the coco while keeping enough water to even be effective.
I was also going to switch to either Pure Blend Pro or Sweet & heavy. They are the only Organic brands at my hydro store. Any Comments will help!
I need to know what mix of FF and perlite is optimum for cannabis when it gets moisture wicked to it from the coco. I like to leave some liquid on the bottom for them to drink it up. I can tell how much they need by seeing how quick the pan dries.
So:
What should I mix into the B'Cuzz coco to be like ready-gro?

Is there an already made product on the market that is just ammendments?

Does anyone have any suggestions on using soil & coco to get bigger yields of organic tasting buds?
Here is the bag of Ready-Gro to see the ingredients:

G

Don't add FFOF soil if you want it to be like readygro. You're fine with just coco and perlite. You don't need all that extra stuff. Read some more threads here and you should be good. A nute like Pure Blend Pro will give you everything the plant needs.

Is this your first grow?

Ono Nadagin

readygro is great stuff there are two formulas one for watering 1-2 times a day and another that is for 4-6 feeds a day.... they are made from the same stuff just one has beter draining than the other

the ingrediants are the following items just in differing ratios
Coir Fiber, Perilite, Pumis stone, Earthworm castings, Agrimineral 76 silica clay, Seaweed meal, Seaweed concentrate, Leonardite(Humates), organic compost, Thrichoderma Fungi, Mycirrhizae Fungi and organic root innoculants(beneficial microorganisms)

By the time you bought everything you need to make your own readygro you willl have spent far more that what it would cost to get a bag or two shipped to you

also call Botanicare and ask them for the closest retailer to you that sells it, or ask your hydroshop to order it for you... Botanicare is a huge name in hydro equipment... if the shop your dealing with wont order it for you they are a sad excuse for a hydro shop... every shop I have ever been in have more Botanicare/american agritech items in it that any other brand...sounds to me like they are just lazy or apethetic and would rather just sell you something they have in stock rather thanget/sell you what you need/want

lol.... Ono... you hit the nail right on the head with that one... that seems to be 80% of the stores out there.. and thats not just hydro stores... thats hospitals, retailers, wholesalers, vendors, food/alcohol service, add infinitum :p people are lazy assholes and are consumed with themselves and the customers wallet usually takes the toll :p such a sad sad pathetic depressing world we live in... people think they are so smart... but we are just greedy world-wreckers :p again that's "most" of us not all of us... but with 6.5 billion and counting.. bahh no use. it's a pot forum :p

on the other hand... that botanicare shit looks like roots would love it :p i might give it a whirl one of these times.

Ono Nadagin

It is great stuff , I have been thinking of using it as an inexpspensive source for Thrichoderma Fungi, Mycirrhizae Fungi and organic root innoculants(beneficial microorganisms)....In my thinking just a tablespoon of the readygro will innoculate my pots of pure coco... I can get a 3cu ft bag for $35... at this price I could innoculate my hydro grow and house plants and garden veggies for at least a year most likely 2yrs, saving tons of money not having to buy each beneficial poduct in its own container for $35-60 each

sorry for the ramble, this is just something I have been thinking about

MCMC

Isn't some bacteria and fungus better than none?

Isn't some bacteria and fungus better than none?

Ono Nadagin said:
readygro is great stuff there are two formulas one for watering 1-2 times a day and another that is for 4-6 feeds a day.... they are made from the same stuff just one has beter draining than the other
The difference is also the coco fiber. In the moist mix it has long coco. The dry mix has short.
Ono Nadagin said:
the ingrediants are the following items just in differing ratios
Coir Fiber, Perilite, Pumis stone, Earthworm castings, Agrimineral 76 silica clay, Seaweed meal, Seaweed concentrate, Leonardite(Humates), organic compost, Thrichoderma Fungi, Mycirrhizae Fungi and organic root innoculants(beneficial microorganisms)
By the time you bought everything you need to make your own readygro you willl have spent far more that what it would cost to get a bag or two shipped to you
also call Botanicare and ask them for the closest retailer to you that sells it, or ask your hydroshop to order it for you... Botanicare is a huge name in hydro equipment... if the shop your dealing with wont order it for you they are a sad excuse for a hydro shop... every shop I have ever been in have more Botanicare/american agritech items in it that any other brand...sounds to me like they are just lazy or apethetic and would rather just sell you something they have in stock rather thanget/sell you what you need/want
pyrojohnhippy said:
lol.... Ono... you hit the nail right on the head with that one... that seems to be 80% of the stores out there.. and thats not just hydro stores... thats hospitals, retailers, wholesalers, vendors, food/alcohol service, add infinitum :p people are lazy assholes and are consumed with themselves and the customers wallet usually takes the toll :p such a sad sad pathetic depressing world we live in... people think they are so smart... but we are just greedy world-wreckers :p again that's "most" of us not all of us... but with 6.5 billion and counting.. bahh no use. it's a pot forum :p
on the other hand... that botanicare shit looks like roots would love it :p i might give it a whirl one of these times.
Well gentlemen, I did ask the hydro store to order it. After I badgered him for a minute, then waited for a minute while he didn't respond, He told me he would have to order a pallet of it, 50 or 25 bags. I asked if I could get less and he said no! The guy is an Ahole!!!
I never thought of asking botanicare themselves, I am going to do that right now.
Ono Nadagin said:
It is great stuff , I have been thinking of using it as an inexpspensive source for Thrichoderma Fungi, Mycirrhizae Fungi and organic root innoculants(beneficial microorganisms)....In my thinking just a tablespoon of the readygro will innoculate my pots of pure coco... I can get a 3cu ft bag for $35... at this price I could innoculate my hydro grow and house plants and garden veggies for at least a year most likely 2yrs, saving tons of money not having to buy each beneficial product in its own container for $35-60 each
sorry for the ramble, this is just something I have been thinking about
I had got a bag at the same place I mentioned when they first opened. I was going to mix the old in with the new to do just what your saying. I think that the original bag is enough to make a difference to a bag of B'Cuzz coco.
And it is an awesome product.

I have a question.
I just finished an article(Blue covered HT E-Z grow edition) explaining that it's not good to switch back and forth from chemically feeding the plant to letting the micro life feed the plant. The plant relaxes and lets itself get food from the organisms. If you use chemical fertilizers it kills the life and forces the plant to spend energy getting food.
I guess if you are using a 100% organic "Living Garden", it would be bad to add anything to hurt the microbial life or fungi. But in our coco based medium, wouldn't some life be better than none at all?
I got the impression to not worry about micro life if you aren't doing a Organic soil living garden. Someone please set me straight

MCMC

My second, Just always looking for a better way!

My second, Just always looking for a better way!

Shmokin said:
Don't add FFOF soil if you want it to be like readygro. You're fine with just coco and perlite. You don't need all that extra stuff. Read some more threads here and you should be good. A nute like Pure Blend Pro will give you everything the plant needs.

Is this your first grow?
Not my first, my second. Even if it were my 50th, I would be trying to improve on something. I had a grow that tuned out good. I would just like to couple high yields with organic tasting herb, if in any way possible. If I can keep the yoeld of my last grow with some added taste I will be in heaven!
I thought that a soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, in a 3 inch layer at the top of the pot, would give something extra that just coco grown buds wouldn't have without taking away from the awesome properties of the coco, like the yield.
Through my research I have found a few methods of making true organic hydro systems. One of my favorites is having small pots over large bubbling tubs of just plain water. The small pots contain peat or coco. You only feed the top pot. You don't let any nutrients get into the reservoir. The top roots get all the nutrients, the bottom roots hang in the water and drink any water the plants need.
In nature, tap roots grow deep into the ground to find a steady water supply while the shallow roots feed on the soil. That is where the Idea of mixing the best of both worlds came from.
You can also see in the previous post. I need to better understand the role of bacteria, fungus and any other micro life. What it does in my coco & why? :joint:
Why isn't everyone trying to find better, more efficient methods? Is everybody's garden pumping out 2 grams per watt?