What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

B10naryBuds Super Stealth Computer Grow Cab with LOWRYDER #2

b10narybud

Well guys and gals,

Here it is. I finally got my computer and seeds in the mail and this thing has been in the making for the last 2 days. I've got a few more things to do to it. I"m gonna get a bigger fan to help cool it and push more air. Well, yeah...thats about it. LOL I'm very happy with it and think it should work very well for growin 2-4 Lowryder #2 plants.

Well, i'm gonna bombard you with pics now. HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS. *fires up the engine* :joint:

Here is the first seed to pop.

Here is the package of seeds and whats left of them from Dr. Chronic. Very fast shipping and very easy to work with. However, i'm gonna bring it up with him. I"m a little pissed that 2 of the seeds seedcoats are cracked half off.

Here is the front of the computer. No light leaks whatsoever.

Here is the side of the computer that is removed when I want to get inside of it.

Here is the rear of the computer. Notice only 1 power cord. Nothing suspicios here folks.

Here is the side that things are glued to. This is not to be removed. NO light leaks here also.

Here is a closer view of the back of the computer case.

Here is a picture of the cab with the door removed. I think i'm gonna like this setup a lot.

Here is a picture of container I will be growing in with FoxFarm Ocean Forest Organic Potting Soil. It will be here in the mail tommorow. As of now, my seeds are placed under this to keep light out in the case, with the lights on to keep the temperature up to promote germination.

Here is my CO2 Generator. I"ll probobly be making a bigger one as soon as I get some bigger bottles. The hose will be modified to be longer so that i can wrap it up around the plants and what not. There will be more to come on this subject in the future.

Here is a picture of my 6 CFL's in the case. Total Power = 150 WATTS. I can only run 1/2 of them now, but with the new fan that will be here soon i should be able to run all of them.

Here is a picture of the fixtures.

Here is my carbon filter. It's mocked on there for the picture, but it's airtight when it's on there. I removed it due to fan issues. I dont need it yet either! It's about just under 2" of carbon between 2 pantyhose. It works great. It tested it with silicon fumes. I put the fan on a bunch of fresh silicon and smelled...and about died. then i put the filter on and did the same thing and I didnt smell a thing from the silicon. (that horrible vinegar smell associated with silicon)

Here is a pic of the fans i'm running now.

This is my multivariable adjustable DC power supply used to run the fans. It is what I use to charge my cell phone. I even spliced the cell phone charge back on there so I can still charge my cell phone with my Cab. LOL...can you say STONER MOMENT?

Another inside pic.

Here is a pic of the main lightproofing feature for the removable door. It's the aluminum tape folded over and pushed out slightly. This seals against the door when closed and creates a small pocket/shadow that stops the light from going around the bend. This lightproofs the door perfectly.

This is my Digital Thermometer and Humidity Guage.

Here is the pic of the seeds waiting to sprout. 1 has popped.

Here is a picture of the cab set up as I plan to use it with all lights turned an and everything. BEAUTIFUL.

Overall, it was a big mess making it but well worth it I believe. I dont have any light leaks and if i covered up the fans, i could probobly pressurize the inside of it. Ever hole, every seam, every everything has been sealed with silicon, taped up with aluminum foil tape, and mylared. Not one surface of the inside is unreclective or sealed. It's a piece of work if I must say so myself.

Well, after all that, i'm gonna leave it at that for now. Hopefully the other seeds will be popping soon and i'll have them in soil by tommorow.

PEACE OUT

tngreen

Veteran
love these pc grows! excellent use of ur small space. curious about ure CO2 generator, any more info on that? i see some good results in ure future :joint:

b10narybud

The CO2 generator is a mixture of almost to saturation point (as much as possible) of sugar and water then add activated yeast.

The yeast breaks down the sugars and as waste puts out CO2. This is then vented through the hose to the plants. This will keep doing this untill al the sugars are used up. it's really a great way to get CO2 and I used to do this all the time with my aquariums for my underwater aquatic plants. Really brings them to life. I'd just let it bubble right into the aquarium. It supplies a steady low stream of co2. Once my plants get to the point where they have leaves. ill have the host supported almost right over them with holes along the hose for the co2 to escape from. Right now its just that end of hose and is by no means finished yet.

digican

:wave: looks great man! might i suggest moving that container (soil) as close to the cfls as possible? since your cool whites are on the inside and warm whites on the outside, the cool whites will barely burn the plants if they do at all. good luck, ill be around!

b10narybud

Yeah. I'll have that hoisted up torward the light...jsut as soon as i fill it with soil and have seeds that are sprouted. All in due time. I have 2 diff types of bulbs becuase some i bought and some I had laying around.

Whats the best ones?

b10narybud

oh, also, in this type of space now that everybody sees what im working with. i'm wanting to grow at least 3 i suppose. What type of style do you think would be the best way to grow these little lowryders?

tngreen

Veteran
prolly wont need to do much to em cept lst to promote more side branches. also, a mixed spectrum from the beginning has worked well for me this 2nd time around. ill prolly change to all warm later in flowering tho. the co2 thing is really cool! i may give that a shot.

with your power supply for the fans i suggest you get a bigger one. my guess is that thing puts out 500ma tops. when charging your cellphone and running fans you are going to pull more current then that. if you want your fans to run efficiently get a bigger ps

Rare Groove

Looking very nice man. I'm definitely interested in seeing that CO2 generator work. How do you have your ventilation set up...intakes and light-proofing, etc? I'll be watching this space for sure. :lurk: Looking forward to seeing that case loaded with fat colas. Peace.

b10narybud

I'm waiting on another fan that will push 80cfm to run my carbon filter with. I have the vent in the front open half way and using it as a passive intake. The rear fan spots is there i'm running a double stacked fan active exaust right now. I"ll replace it with the 80cfm fan when it gets here. I'll be able to scale that down and run that off of as little as 3v if as needed with my dc controller. So i'll be able to control air and noise.

I just got done making a completely saturated sugar water solution in a bigger 1liter bottle for a bigger co2 generator. I"ve got in the freezer right now cooling. I'm doing this because you CAN NOT add yeast to hot water as it will kill it but the hot water helps MORE sugar get dissolve in the water. Once thats back down to room temp i'll add yeast and all that. Within minutes i'll be having more CO2 then.

Heres some pics of my seeds....

b10narybud

Hey guys, still waiting on my last 3 seeds to pop. This is taking forever. The 2 that have popped, i've mvoed to small coke can pots for the time being as i'm using the actual pot to keep the light away from my seedlings and keep the temp warm.

Question is.

With what i'm using as a growing container, can I plant all of them in this? Or should i divide that off so each plant has it's own separate root chamber?

Also, how often should I be watering and how wet does properly watered soil look? I admit, in my last attemt....overwatering was a huge issue.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts