What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3rd grow: Sour Diesel IBL, Sadhu, BOG Medley

Creeptic

Well seeing as how its been awhile (and im slowly running out of bud from my last 2 grows). I figured its about time to get the thumb green again.

Not much going on at the moment. But here's what Im working on

4 Sour Diesel IBLs - clones from one of my SD IBL moms
5 Sadhus (mandala seeds) from seed - thanks to SB for the freebies
2 BOG Medley from seed- had really bad germ rates... germed 10... only 2 made it... I still have 5 seeds in the pack left... debating if im going to germ them now or hold off til next grow... anyway this BOG Medley is Blue Moon Rocks, Bogbubble, and Bogglegum... hoping for a BMR momma... but now with the poor germ rate im hoping i get at least 1 female regardless of the strain... been dying to try some BOG genetics... got the seeds last year and havent had a chance to grow em til now :badday: ... but i did get some Bogglegum F2s from sbay last week... so even if these dont pan out... ill get SOMETHING bog in my garden

right now they are all under 160w of flouro tubes... all in pro mix potting soil in beer cups

They will end up in 5.5 square containers (6" tall) for a SOG style single cola grow... only going to veg for another week or 2... just long enough for me to get cuttings then they go under the 250w HPS for flowering. My last grow I did a scrog, and vegged for almost 70 days. Worth it for the yield (6 months later and Im still smoking from that harvest.. not to mention the bubble hash that i got from all that trim) but this time around Im going for a short veg time with more plants. Just want more variety in the garden since ive been smoking pretty much only Sour Diesel and bubble hash for the past 6 months... it'd be nice to have some different flavors for a change... plus harvesting that scrog was no fun at all... even with my fiskars i had bad hand cramps...

They would be under the HPS now, but I have to go get a 6" to 4" reducer so i can hook up my cool tube... once i get that... flouros out, HPS back in

really not much exciting to see yet, but here are some pictures

5 Sadhu's - 12 days old
8720SADHUvegday12.jpg

2 BOG Medley's - 6 days old
8720BOGMEDLEYvegday6.jpg

4 Sour Diesel IBL clones - 6 days after rooting
8720SDIBLvegday6.jpg

This is the mom of the SD IBLs clones from above... these pics were @ 55 days... chopped her at 72 days... easily could of gone another week... maybe even 2 weeks but i had to chop her for other reasons... but this time around im letting her go until i feel she is done
8720Day55_1_1.jpg

8720day54_1.jpg

anyways... ill keep this thread updated every week or so :wave:

Last edited:

Creeptic

8720bubble1.jpg

Well after taking some hits of this Sour Diesel Bubble hash i got inspired to do some work on the grow....made some moves, and re-installed my 250w HPS with my new cool tube.

Im headed to Home Depot tonight to get the ducting i need, so right now the cool tube is attatched but only be cooled by an oscilating fan blowing on/thru it.... its working for now, temps are at 81... im sure they will be OK til tonight when I hook up my real fan properly

While at home depot im going to buy some needed supplies to finish my veg/mom/cloning stealth box... so until that is ready, my moms will stay under the HPS. Should get the box usable by this weekend

Not much to say other then that... here's a pic

The 5 in the front are the Sadhu's
The 4 in the back left are the Sour Diesel
The 2 babies are the BOG
and to the right are my 2 Sour Diesel mommas

8720HPS.jpg

here are 4 sour diesel clones.... waiting for roots

8720SD2clones.jpg

and thats that... ill be making the switch to 12/12 soon... going for a very short veg time this time around... smaller plants, but more of them... we'll see how it works out...

senseless

hey creeptic thanks for stoppin by my grow. its cool how we have the same style grows going. how many plants are you going to have? i fit 24 in a 2x3 area or 4 per square foot..
what light are you going to use to flower them? you might want to think about turning the bigger ones over to 12/12 so they dont get rootbound. if you have the room id say use bigger pots and veg for a little longer. the 5.5's are 2.6 liters i think.

peace

Creeptic

senseless said:
hey creeptic thanks for stoppin by my grow. its cool how we have the same style grows going. how many plants are you going to have? i fit 24 in a 2x3 area or 4 per square foot..
what light are you going to use to flower them? you might want to think about turning the bigger ones over to 12/12 so they dont get rootbound. if you have the room id say use bigger pots and veg for a little longer. the 5.5's are 2.6 liters i think.

peace

actually i made the flip to 12/12 about 5 days ago

im doing 16 plants under a 250w with a cooltube... i might actually upgrade to a 400w in a week or two if all goes well... just not sure if my current fan will keep the 400 cool... right now my temps are perfect, and im hoping to keep it that way

16 plants going right now... but 7 are clones... and 9 are from seed...

im hoping for 12 females total... 7 are clones so those are obviously girls... so if 5 of the 9 from seed are girls im golden... if i get more girls then that, great... if not ill probably just add a couple more clones to fill the "empty" spots

my grow area is the same size are yours... 2x3... and i originally was going to do 24 plants also, it fits perfectly with the 3 trays of 8... i just figured that the light footprint of the 250 wasnt wide enough because it has to be much closer to the plants then a 400... maybe if i get the 400 ill add 8 more clones... im rooting some "extra" clones right now just in case i get alot of males anyway

yeah im really glad i stumbled onto your grow... really made me relax a little... i was really concerned about using such small pots and such short veg times... but your grow seems to be going exactly how i had hoped

i might have problems because of so many different strains and differences in plant height might be a problem... but i figure ill just stack things under and try and keep the canopy as even as possible... its been working fine so far

plants are getting pretty crowded tho... did you find that to be a problem at all? Once i can raise the light a little i think im going to spread the plants out a little more and give them some room to breath

i really like this style of grow... only drawback i see so far is hand watering this many plants is a pain... especially when they are on different schedules
... and im sure when they get older, they will probably require more frequent waterings because of the small containers

either way, i like trying out different grow methods to see the advantages/disadvantages firsthand... but if your grow is any indication... i think im going to stick with the SOG style grows for awhile now... i like being able to try alot of strains at once...

have you taken a look at the roots of any of your plants? just really concerned about getting root bound... especially with the sour diesel because they have such a long flowering time... they went 72 days last grow... and could of easily gone another week or 2... hope they can make it... i might transplant one or 2 of them to a larger container just to see how big a difference the extra leg room for the roots makes

thanks for stoppin in and checking things out here... cant wait to see your grow finish up

G

looks great so far man! you have my attention for sure, i love that line-up! :)

Creeptic

High&Lonesome said:
looks great so far man! you have my attention for sure, i love that line-up! :)

thanks for checkin in H&L
:wave:

just added 2 more babies to the line up... here are some pics from today

2 Bog Medley in the back... 2 newly born Nirvana White Widow in the front
8720day08BOGnWW.jpg

Sour Diesel - 2 different phenos... 4 diesel fuelish pheno on the left... 3 lemony pheno on the right (newly rooted, pictured in the cloner in the earlier post)
8720day08sdiesels.jpg

5 Mandala Sadhus
8720day08sadhu2.jpg

Sadhus again... very stable even growth
8720day08sadhu1.jpg

The whole party
8720day08all.jpg

Creeptic

Sadhu #2 showed sex today on day 11 of 12/12... male

8720sadhu_2malemacro.jpg

Im actually glad that i got a good healthy male from the Sadhu's... im really thinking about making seeds for the first time this run... probably cross the Sadhu's with Sour Diesel, just for kicks (and seeds of course...lol)

and ill probably be making one of these (check the link below):

100mic_8x.jpg

its a "male isolation chamber":

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=46076

i think instead of using it to collect pollen i think ill actually make it big enough to hold 2 plants... and just pop the male in there and the female of my choice and let them get it on without much worry of pollenating the whole garden

we will see... plans always seem to change a million times during a grow...

G

guest5703

well this looks fun! I like how all your background is black, little different nice change. Man that sour diesel looks fantastic!!! You can really tell that its sour D from those FAT caylxs. I always look when i get sour D for all the big fat seperated caylxs to ensure thats its legit haha and of course that smell!!!!! fuck yea ill be watching

Creeptic

caligreen said:
well this looks fun! I like how all your background is black, little different nice change. Man that sour diesel looks fantastic!!! You can really tell that its sour D from those FAT caylxs. I always look when i get sour D for all the big fat seperated caylxs to ensure thats its legit haha and of course that smell!!!!! fuck yea ill be watching

welcome caligreen

yeah i love the fat calyxs of the sour d too... and ofcourse the smell is great (speaking of which i need to better my odor control pronto... things are starting to stink already)

in other news...

2 of the Sadhus are definitly males... none others showing sex yet... i think im just going to kill the males... ill wait til i do my next grow to try and make seeds... im addicted to buying seeds, so making them seems kind of redundant at this time since i have other strains im eager to grow

just ordered a 400w ballast kit and bulb... when it comes ill put the 400 in instead of the 250w... going to have to watch closely and hope the temps stay as good as they have been with the 250... im hoping i can mantain good temps with the current fan... really dont want to spend any more $$$ on a new fan if i dont need to

i also picked up some ona blocks... going to try them out for odor control til i build a diy carbon scrubber this weekend

anyways thats it for now... ill take some pics this week

G

guest5703

So you order your seeds? Are you in the us or like canada or europe? Im scared to order but I really want some new strains...I think i might just fly over to europe or somthing and pick some up! Good luck on that scrubber I'm sure it wont be too hard. You make me jelous with your bubbler cloner I just built one but went back to cloning with rapid rooters and gel cuz I didn't get my bubbler to work..Well at least it wasn't working fast enough..I WANT THAT SOUR D!!!!

Creeptic

caligreen said:
So you order your seeds? Are you in the us or like canada or europe? Im scared to order but I really want some new strains...I think i might just fly over to europe or somthing and pick some up! Good luck on that scrubber I'm sure it wont be too hard. You make me jelous with your bubbler cloner I just built one but went back to cloning with rapid rooters and gel cuz I didn't get my bubbler to work..Well at least it wasn't working fast enough..I WANT THAT SOUR D!!!!

ordering seeds from seedbay or seed boutique and you will have no problems... to be safe send the seeds to an address different then where your grow is tho

yeah the scrubber looks easy enough to make from the DIY here at ic... so im hoping its as easy as it looks... i might actually make it to home depot tonight... so if i have get all the needed parts and have the time, ill work on it tonight... not going to hook it up til the 400 comes tho

the bubble cloner didnt work for you? im so glad i made one... cloning was always something that kind of worried me... but with the bubbler i just cut, pop em in... and forget about them.... usually in a week they are ready to be planted...

Creeptic

lots of things going on with the grow:

well some plants have shown sex

3 of the 5 sadhus were male... killed 2 of them, kept the healthiest one and quickest to show sex and put him in my newly built "male isolation chamber" which im going to rename "The Horticultural Love Palace" lol... still not sure if im going to make seeds this run or not... but if i do, im just going to wait about 4-6 weeks and put a female in the Love Palace with the male and let them get busy... its just big enough to fit 3 plants in 5.5 square pots... im going to probably rebuild it in a day or so, the rubbermaid that i used isnt really clear... it has a texturized feel to it making it more translucent... so im not sure if the plant is getting enough light inside

either way... this is all IF i make seeds this run... ill figure that out once i know the total # of females i have

got my 400w ballast kit today... its all wired, going to go to home depot to get a junction box to house it... and to see if i can find a bulb... i want to find it locally so i can get the 400w up and running asap so i can make sure my temps will be ok... if i cant find the bulb locally...ill just order it and will have to wait til next week to get it ..

I also built a DIY carbon scrubber... wow... what an incredible differecne it makes... i have it temporarily hooked up to the exaust (air pushing through scrubber, scrubber outside the grow) and there is ZERO smell outside the closet right now... im going to hook it up properly inside the cab (pulling through scrubber) after i get the 400 running... but its working well right now... smell nothing, then open the door and BAM hit with the stench... now if i could effectivly bring down the noise from rushing air ill be pretty much 100% stealth... going to try and get some insulated ducting today and see if it helps

i also (lots of updates) picked up some ona gel blocks... just to get rid of any possible lingering smells... poked a small hole in the top of one ona and put it outside my veg/mother/cloning box... killed the smell in 10 minutes... we'll see how long it lasts... seems great for a veg cab and to kill any smells my scrubber doesnt pick up...

no pics right now... ill try and get some up later

for those considering building the DIY carbon scrubber... do it, cheap and it works better then imagined... and its simple to put together... 30 minutes and about $35 and i have piece of mind knowing the grow is concealed

sorry about the long post....lol... been smoking alot of bubble hash lately since my bud jars are getting empty... and hash tends to make me babble endlessly...lol

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
hey buddy nice selections in the garden there right on, heres how you can cool a 400w hps n/p for 40$ http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29341

oh yea nice to see some1 not wishn to chop the male at 1st sight ppl just dont realize. realize how many strains just get growen out in the garden. more growers should produce seed from the seed they buy and the males they get :joint:

Last edited:
G

great looking grow bro will be tagging along for the show if u dont mind
keep it growing green!!!

Creeptic

walkabout said:
great looking grow bro will be tagging along for the show if u dont mind
keep it growing green!!!

ofcourse i dont mind... the more the merrier

Maj.PotHead said:
hey buddy nice selections in the garden there right on, heres how you can cool a 400w hps n/p for 40$ http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29341

oh yea nice to see some1 not wishn to chop the male at 1st sight ppl just dont realize. realize how many strains just get growen out in the garden. more growers should produce seed from the seed they buy and the males they get :joint:

thanks for that link... that eases my mind a little... my current fan (170cfm) does the job on the 250 in a cool tube... but im worried about the 400 + the scrubber. i thought i was going to have to drop a few hundred $ on a new fan... but seeing that stanley fan for $40 has given me a back up plan that wont break my pockets... i think when i go out tonight ill stop in walmart and if they have em in stock ill pick one up, might have to make my scrubber bigger, but i have all the parts to do that here so... thanks again!!

yeah i agree about the seed thing... it almost makes zero sense to never make seeds... i want to make seeds firstly because i like to see things for myself and learn from experience... secondly, getting a bunch of viable seeds in a harvest would probably help me ease the seed buying addiction a little (just a little, cuz we all love variety...lol)

plus as a new grower its just facsinating to observe things like this to me... but thats probably more the hash talking

:joint:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i use the stanely blower fan modded for my use on a 400w hps with air cooled hood i can touch the glass n/p with back of my hand 1 hr - 12 hr's after lights on. your smaller fan personally i would use it just for the scrubber heres my set up in the cab, well i dont want to post in your thread but pic in my gallery. on that stanely fan thread some1 took a register duct cut it down to fit over the exhaust of the stanely very nice then alum/duct tape holds it on very nicely.

i draw fresh air from outside of my cab through the hood and exhausted into attick, my scrubber hangs just above my hood in the back of cab draws air from inside cab and exhausted into attick also.

Creeptic

Maj.PotHead said:
i use the stanely blower fan modded for my use on a 400w hps with air cooled hood i can touch the glass n/p with back of my hand 1 hr - 12 hr's after lights on. your smaller fan personally i would use it just for the scrubber heres my set up in the cab, well i dont want to post in your thread but pic in my gallery. on that stanely fan thread some1 took a register duct cut it down to fit over the exhaust of the stanely very nice then alum/duct tape holds it on very nicely.

i draw fresh air from outside of my cab through the hood and exhausted into attick, my scrubber hangs just above my hood in the back of cab draws air from inside cab and exhausted into attick also.

i think ill try with the 400 and my current fan first... if it doesnt work out, then ill get the stanley... really dont want to have 2 fans running if possible...

is the stanley pretty quiet on full speed?

Latest posts

Latest posts