What's new

Upside down planters

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
hi there. just found a neat planter at the garden store designed for tomatoes. first thing i thought though was, how would cannbis do growing upside down...?

i thought you could hang it pretty stealthily in a tree somewhere in the woods. pretty well camo'd and you wouldnt have to worry about deer and some pests. only problem might be watering. it says it dries out quick which makes sense

heres the site http://topsyturvys.com/index.html

let me know what ya think. ill probably give it a shot this year just to see what happens if nothing else

G

saw it on OG i think. worked well if i recall. i guess the cells elongate tho or something.
like sagstretch.

it would be way cooler if the plant would turn up and face up even witht he pot facing down. i think they grow the the ground when hangin tho. i dont recall very well

gr0wm4g3

you could even hook it up in a tree and have rain water travel down into the pot from various places, I think I'll give this a shot in the future.

its kurmit

that would be for indoor so you could hang plants upside down and then have plants on the floor and a unhoodedlight in the middle, in the woods if it was upside down the planterwould block sunlight,just my 2 cents but it seemscool though

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
NeptHaze said:
saw it on OG i think. worked well if i recall. i guess the cells elongate tho or something.
like sagstretch.

it would be way cooler if the plant would turn up and face up even witht he pot facing down. i think they grow the the ground when hangin tho. i dont recall very well
yeah man thats the same as me. i couldve sworn ive seen somebody using them before but i just dont remember any details on it...

i figured that the plant would eventually grow up even though its pointing down. wouldnt the side branches reach for the light kind of resulting in a natural lst...? im not sure that this is going to be anything too special for growing weed, but id just like to see it personally

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
gr0wm4g3 said:
On their site it shows plants growing fine outdoors.
yeah, im pretty sure its designed for outdoor use. cool idea though kermit man

i do agree that its going to block some light in the begining stage when shes still small but overall the branches and buds wouldnt be right under it either

its kurmit

yeah you never know could work, it would b a fun experiment thats 4 sure, maybe hang from a tree then tie a rope to the stem and connect it to another tree pullin it sidewyas to get lite?

:edit: p.s. good find !! :lurk:

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
The Cannabis plants grown in this planter would seek out the sun, and stretch up to see it.

It would work good. The advantage with this planter is that you can grow a tomato plant easily on a porch or balcony, without having a conventional planter taking up space on the floor or railing. Insted it is hung up out of the way, and there may be more options for getting sun.

Its possible that growers attempting to grow outdoors in cramped conditions may have use for this, otherwise I am stumped on any other advantage.

Any ideas?

gr0wm4g3

well, I think it would be pretty advantageous to have a full grown MJ plant up in a tree where no one would expect it. Hey, maybe you should've used this for your tree grow, backcountry :chin:

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
yeah, im with you bc. no major advantages that i see. other than possible camo depending on your spot, and its out of reach for deer. which is a MAJOR concern for me. just seems like something kinda cool. i already bought one, it was with a gift card anyways so if it doesnt work i could care less. but i cant wait to try it out. probly with a GG clone unless i get my hands on something else finishing a little later. i figure that an autoflowerer isnt ideal for this situation but ill make it work

im thinkin a pully system maybe somewhere on my land. no ones going to be looking fo mj 20 feet up in a tree...

hogwild

theres no doubt in my mind that it will work to grow a healthy plant if watered properly, i might try one but definately not for cannabis, if i were to hoist it up into my tree someone would see it from the outside world.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
gr0wm4g3-I'm affraid something like this wouldn't provide much support for a plant from the wind it would deal with up in a tree. But a improved homemade version could possible be made to deal with this.

therightcoast

Youd also run into a problem with watering if it were to be stuck in a tree, i cant even imagine how youd get it to the top of a tree seeing as the system looks very big

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
well.. there are tree-watering tecniques already tested by BACKCOUNTRY you just need a pump and telescopic pipe long enough to reach the plant..

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
WAMEN said:
well.. there are tree-watering tecniques already tested by BACKCOUNTRY you just need a pump and telescopic pipe long enough to reach the plant..

Yep, here is the thread with the watering device- Tree growing: Guerilla growing off the ground

Here are a few pics of the device in question-

A series of pipes with threaded addapters, can be hauled to the site in a backpack, then put togther to form a wand with lots of reach. A cordless drill with a "Drill" pump or a addapted pesticide spayer can be used to force water high into the tree.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
wow. thats pretty damn smart. i was sort of thinking of some kind of constant slow drip system to keep em watered. i guess it wouldnt be the best but i think it might have to do. i dont get to see my plants every day. let alone evey week...

its not actually that big either. id say maybe 11 - 14 litres...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts