What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A couple Bubba shots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Again?!?!? Those are some of your frostiest buds yet. Absolutely mouth watering. I hope to get that cut soon, but now I can't show it. Thanks to you............me> :pointlaug <Raskal

ograskal

Veteran
inline6 said:
raskal- no need for it to be said for the millionth time, you know your shit is good, pics are bomb. However, lately Ive been seeing you say you think that you have the purple bubba, and also the pre2k, but that you been running what you belived to be the purple bub. Have you flowered your pre2k cut yet or is it a new arrival cause I think your shots look like the katsu/pre2k cut. Yea your leaves get purple but from what I remember of MrDanks pics of the purple bub way back on OG, it had soild purple tops not just the leaves and highlights in the buds. This is just something I noticed and I could be totally wrong cause all I have to go by is your pics and what Ive seen of bubba here. Either way you have the pre2k cut somewhere in there, and its bomb. enjoy your smoke. peace

Hey thanks alot inline....from what I am gathering now, I beleive this cut is Sourced from Katsu...But I didnt know that Katsu's version was the Pre 2k version..... I did a thread on Overgrow a long time ago with this same cut but it had more Purp on the buds and Peeps started telling me that i had the Purp version, so thats what i started calling it....She does get more purple with more time and i have ran another version (green Pheno) which i thought was the pre2k cut but it didnt get any purps on it at all and it stayed pretty short with not much stretch and the fan leaves where wider.... Real nice herb as well but not ideal for my cabby grows..My brother is runnin this Green Pheno and he loves it..... So which Bubba is the One my Bro is growin.....It stays Green, has wider fan leaves and not as much stretch as the one I just posted??? ~ogr

G

Well in my gallery is some pics of my bubba, which I believe is the Katsu/original cut. In that run it looks just like yours but it will stay green too. Like you said it gets more purple with time and lower temps but the buds get very little purple in them, its mostly just the leaves. Im not positive that Katsus is the real but thats what impression I was under, that he bought it from GreenCrackMan for 500 bucks and it was the original. However one of the cuts you have must be an S1 and I heard that there was one going around as the orig that is as close as it gets in terms of S1s. When you say green pheno do you mean DHKs. Here is an old pic of my bubba and some links to check out. Some ppl call the pre2k, pre98 but its the same cut, been around since the late 90s and 2000 was when all the hype and S1s/bagseed popped up from what Ive been told.

THCVs Bubba which is the same as mine here

And some other shots of my bubba from different growers/hydro here, I have no cammera right now but am in the works.

Let me know what you think.

ograskal

Veteran
inline6 said:
Well in my gallery is some pics of my bubba, which I believe is the Katsu/original cut. In that run it looks just like yours but it will stay green too. Like you said it gets more purple with time and lower temps but the buds get very little purple in them, its mostly just the leaves. Im not positive that Katsus is the real but thats what impression I was under, that he bought it from GreenCrackMan for 500 bucks and it was the original. However one of the cuts you have must be an S1 and I heard that there was one going around as the orig that is as close as it gets in terms of S1s. When you say green pheno do you mean DHKs. Here is an old pic of my bubba and some links to check out. Some ppl call the pre2k, pre98 but its the same cut, been around since the late 90s and 2000 was when all the hype and S1s/bagseed popped up from what Ive been told.

THCVs Bubba which is the same as mine here

And some other shots of my bubba from different growers/hydro here, I have no cammera right now but am in the works.

Let me know what you think.

Damn.....Those kinda look the same as Mine.....They are Prolly the same cut..Which cut was that one again.....I'm ripped off of some Bubba/Urkle as we speak...Check these out....Which cut do these look like????? ~ograskal

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
nice bubba ogras.. as always, you sure make her perform for you.

As far as whether it's the 'real' one, it's hard to say, like CBF said, your plants are like no one else's, they literally look perfectly grown.

My cut was originaly listed as katsu's, but after talking to IGT/WZ and showing them pics from early veg to late flower, they both said that my cut looked/looks indentical to their's.. IGT has the pre2K1, WZ calls his the 'green', which I believe WZ got from katsu. This is why I think they are all the same...

Personaly i think the pre'98 thing is just a mistake/mixup with all the other pre'98 seedlines and other cuts with the pre'98 moniker. Because there's really no event or documented 'changes' that took place in '98.

2001 is when Oregon Kid 1st started making S1s of Bubba and spreading/seling them, then came 3Cs with their S1s, which they made with katsu's Bubba..

The Mint and Purple Bubba cuts came from the 3Cs S1s.. So if you have katsu's cut, you could make S1s and look for your own mint phenos..

I can trace my cut back to katsu, and katsu has also verified pics of it..

So this info above is what I based the info/changes I made in the 'elite/clone only description/picture' thread.. If anyone disagrees or can prove otherwise, I will definately change it, but till then, i think it's spot on as far as pre2k1 aka katsu aka green.

Now, another confusing thing, is that the 'purple' bubba S1 actualy usualy turns less purple than the original/green..

jus a few canadian pennies.

vta

Veteran
Awsome job as always ogr...great pics!

ograskal said:
I did a thread on Overgrow a long time ago with this same cut but it had more Purp on the buds and Peeps started telling me that i had the Purp version, so thats what i started calling it....She does get more purple with more time

A buddy has been running a purple pheno for years. For me it has a higher ceiling than any of the club bubba I've had. Also I don't seem to build a tolerance as fast as normal bubba.

If you don't mind, heres a few pics of some I picked up from him last week...

Status
Not open for further replies.