What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Botanicare CNS 17 Test Run in coco

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
High IC :wave:

This is not scientific....I am a new grower and looking for a simple product I can easily feed in coco/perlite....I don't know anything about nutrients and ppm's and weight mesaurement yada yada...basically, I don't know much of anything.....lol

**Please do not clutter this thread up with all of that advanced shit....I am not educated enough to follow it all any way...this is for new growers like me to see if this shit works....I could care less how dumb (and uneducated) I am...I am gonna post PICS for those as dumb who want some proof as to whether or not this shit will grow MJ plants........please take that shit offsite or to PM's...thanks

That said....I'm wondering if I can grow my newly rooted clone with no deficiencies using this new USA product...combined with my ineptitude.....

CNS 17 is the new product from Botanicare. I got some CNS 17 Grow....and wanna see how it works for me....

- less than $30/gal
-1 part (simple)

I just fed at 50% of the reccomended dose for seedlings (15ml/4L)

I fed 7 ml/4L.....I am in such a habit of not checking EC that I didn't bother....I rarely check EC anymore....I do sometimes....mostly when another member asks me lol...nest feeding I will check EC......

Source water:
8.0 PH
less than .1 EC

I had to adjust the PH at this low nutrient dose.....the PH flattened at 6.7 (typical at low dosage for Botanicare line with my source water) I adjusted to 6.0.....

NO BOTANICARE ADDITIVES....I wanna see if any are needed....and I am sure some of you may be wondering the same thing.....

Non-Botanicare additives:

Superthrive (ST)
Cannazyme (Enzyme product)

The Airbourne G13 baby is in coco/perlite.....

I'll also test this on Chimeras Mental Floss in 100% coco if I don't kill 'em...as I am terrible with seeds/lings.....all 4 cracked and I am waiting for them to break the Botanicare coco surface.....

Stuff looks like egg nog.....not sure on taste yet Gronut :D

If I forgot anything please ask or point it out...

The new clone has roots just popping out of the cubes....
She rooted green and healthy as you can see....
I planted her in a 1gal growbag...then fed her this stuff

**note** to the best of my knowledge...CNS 17 is not organic....if someone has knowledge otherwise I'd be thrilled to be wrong on this....
*pics*

meduser180056

Your plants always look very healthy and well ferted. It seems you've gotten the PBP line down. I agree with the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it theory, but I see your trying to simplify things and save money. So I'll be watching. This is the first I've heard of this new fert.

G

pulls up seat, always down to watch new ferts work.... Vt, you always do a real nice job documenting, thi should be fun.bd

G

Sounds good. Im interested to see how this will turn out. Im about to switch my grow to coco so this should be helpful.

G

Iv use CNS17 on my outdoor pepper garden, they are growing in coco so thats why I got this stuff a few months back, it works fairly well with my peppers but because its not organic I don't use it for cannabis, also this stuff was made by Dr. Lynette Morgan who specializes in tomato's and from what I remember tomato's and cannabis have similar nutrients needs.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Happy New Year ICMAG!!!

Happy New Year ICMAG!!!

meduser180056, big mike, MTF-Sandman, blue dog, h g, Indophiliac, & Hedonism Bot
Thanks for all the replies and interest, friends :wave:
Been a few days...still have not fed them again...watering as needed until I get some root explosion...they were recently neemed lightly...happy so far....

I'll also test this on Chimeras Mental Floss in 100% coco if I don't kill 'em...as I am terrible with seeds/lings.....all 4 cracked and I am waiting for them to break the Botanicare coco surface.....
Not sure if I've ever planted two in the same container lol....

peace​

Last edited:

sproutco

Veteran
-VT- said:
**Please do not clutter this thread up with all of that advanced shit....
Your fert numbers are 3-2-4? I think I clocked you going 53 ppm n in a 100 ppm n speedzone. You could probably use the full strength seedling rate of 14ml/4 L. Plants look great! :lurk:

G

whatup vt :wave:

:lurk: i'm keeping an eye on this one

how much mag. is in that stuff?

everything looks real good man, peace :joint:

N

Neptune

i've been curious about the CN17 line as well, let us know!

EC and PH would be nice to know, so people can follow your work and reproduce your results. :)

But if you don't wanna, that's all good!

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Some additional data....Excellent feedback from sproutco

Some additional data....Excellent feedback from sproutco

Just finished watching Bob Knight hit a milestone (not a Texas Tech fan...but the game was dramatic!)
sproutco said:
Your fert numbers are 3-2-4? I think I clocked you going 53 ppm n in a 100 ppm n speedzone. You could probably use the full strength seedling rate of 14ml/4 L. Plants look great!
:D Lol...now that kinda talk I can relate to....I agree with you....because I see purple stems developing in those pics ...and the plants are a lighter shade of green....thanks for the tip...and keeping it simple :smile: Oh...and thanks for the help over yonder as well..."prick'em"...LMAO Thanks sproutco :wave:

Hey UN!! :wave: the label says 0.5%. The label also says at 5ml/l....Mg is 75 ppm of a total EC of 1.5

Hey Neptune...what's up? I posted the sorurce water info above in the lead post....didn't check EC out of habit...I normally start at 50% and work my way up...I usually eyeball it...and read the plants...seldom relying on meters...but I am about to feed in a bit....just mixed everything...thanks for the nudge lol...hey I wanna answer any simple questions I can...checking PH and EC I can handle :D

et al I'll repost and repeat the source water info for those that missed it in the lead post:

-VT- said:
I just fed at 50% of the reccomended dose for seedlings (15ml/4L)

I fed 7 ml/4L.....I am in such a habit of not checking EC that I didn't bother....I rarely check EC anymore....I do sometimes....mostly when another member asks me lol...nest feeding I will check EC......

Source water:
8.0 PH
less than .1 EC
^^^damn...I missed a typo :biglaugh:

At 50% of the seedling dose (7ml/4l) the EC is at 1.25

At 100% Seedling dose....the EC is 1.75...

As posted earlier and reposted...the 50% dose PH levels at 6.7 before adjusting

The 100% dose at the seedling level (1.75 EC) levels at 6.3!!! (before adjusting btw)

I'm excited!! Why? Cause the PH buffering is identical to the other Botanicare hydro nutes I was using :D

I am feeling good about the readings I just got....

Happy New Year you guys!!

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nutrient profile

Nutrient profile

Hey there INC and Deft :wave:

Indica Sativa said:
Anyway you could provide the information needed so I can come up with a nute profile of the cns? I would really love to see how it stacks up against other companiesCalculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP

Nutrient Profile Calculator
Sure...I love that thread...I posted in it the first time I was here at ICMAG lol....anyways, here is the info you requested...lemme know if you need anything else...ok? I'm happy to help :smile:

Net Weight 9.61 lbs

NPKMG

3-2-4-.5

**Calcium 2.8%

PPM breakdown from the label: (does not indicate conversion rate but the label does instruct users to adjust to desired EC)

N 300
P 85
K 350
Mg 75
**Ca 280
S 99
Fe 5.0
Mn 3.0

peace

G

Thanks for the thread -VT-.. I like easy to use stuff that works well too :joint:

I'll be hanin out and takin notes. Good work bro :wave:

jimjay

VT good thread. I am looking for something a little more concentrated then canna. I go through that shit too fast. Thanks man

Latest posts

Latest posts