What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Skush (seedsdirect freebies and special offer area)

G

OK lets see here...
started this grow diary on OG http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=440927
...but
it gets buried/lost there, so I might as well put the smoke report here as well...since the beans came from SD anyways some of the people around here may have a pack sitting around

got these beans over a yr ago during a special deal at SD as freebies...they also now sell them in the "special offer" area

cured bud scan

click

have 2 main taste treats here...now cured and getting smoked up fast

harvest first starting cure

click

the 3 that were main cola base are more Skunk then kush like (the newer more rotten fruit like sk...not the oldschool nasty Sk)
the one that was a bit more bushy leans more smooth kush then skunk

3 of the 4 sisters

click

smoke report

smell:
the SK based ones have a rotten fruit like smell with a hint of cat piss
the Kush one has a more mellow grape koolaid like smell

taste
SK...mellow wine with a bit of a sharp edge...I really like the taste and find myself smoking it up all day, even though I'm still baked....more for the taste then wanting a buzz

Kush...more perfumy...nice mellow whorehouse taste

buzz
I'm not one to give out high scores for basic high grade weed so take the basic sk #1 freebie that seedsdirect gives out as a 5 out of ten (give or take a point or 2 depending on phenom and harvest time)
my S.O.L. Shishkeberry clones I give a 9 out of 10

I had 2 diff buzzes from the 3 sk based ones...the ones I picked at days 50 and 55 were a light all day energetic buzz
I would give them a 6 out of 10
the one I picked at day 62 was a bit heavier but still not a knock out and I would give a 6.5 out of ten

the Kush based one started off like the others, but had a strong creeper effect that would really kick in 30 minutes after smoking and last on and on
7.5 out of 10 ( the one I took clones from)

for ease of growth I give it a 9 out of 10, for those healthy fast Vegging plants and 100% germ rate...would be a 10, but I got a higher then normal % of males

don't let my lower scores full ya

I love this smoke and will gladly be growing it out in my perpetual set up for awhile

the size it put on during its realitvly short life, buzz, and best of all taste was garden space and time well spent

mine were only around 3 feet tall at harvest
can only imagine what a properly grow 6ft+ could do under the right conditions

and best of all zero hermies....you can't always say that about too many sk based strains from my past experience

...also due to having a few too many plants in Veg begging to go into flower, I was forced to pick a bit earlier then I should/could of on most...and really think the sk based ones should have been giving a good 65-75 days in flowering...and will try to do so with the few clones I took...plus I still have around 10 seeds left

a few more Golden Skush pics

click

click

click

...sigh....yes I know I need a better digi cam......

Last edited:
G

nice dawg......

nice dawg......

........had grown them from the same special KCB deal.

they are very nice plants, both I had were the rotten fruit phenos, and the smoke was very nice, heavy and flavorfull. buddy of mine wants it to go aound again, been his favorite so far in my grows.

he calls it skush skush, lol

have seen that you have been goin around with that strain, prolly have er down now eh?

nice report bro

CBF

G

...after looking at a few other scores...I thought i should post this info...since alot of them seem "high" to me

my buzz scale for "boughten breeder" seeds I've grown out

freebie sk #1's
5-7's

Nirvana Bubblegum
5 out of 10 for buzz (but a 9 for taste)

Nirvana Northern Lights
6.5 out of 10

Nirvana Ice
8 out of 10 for buzz (didn't like being cloned much)

any of the 4 diff KCB strains I've grown out...
KC #36, Mango, Northern lights, Leda Uno
all around 4-5's...most didn't equal the freebie sk #1's imo

POK kush X white giant II
7 (but I didn't like the taste)

POK kush X Power Sk
7.5 (....had late blooming hermie issues and couldn't keep any clones from going hermie)

POK kush X critical mass
7 (had the best taste of the POK X's i've tried...but I like the taste of the Golden Skush the best)

Sensi seeds SK #1
6 (way to fruity tasting for a "skunk")

S.O.L adv mix (mainly had Sweet tooth and Shishkeberry moms in my mix, that was bought over 2yrs ago...been cloning one of them ever since)
7.5's for the Sweet tooth's
8-9 for the Shishkeberry's

I'm forgetting a bunch, and other strains, I only sampled one mom of, so I don't want to score them yet...
but the ones above, are the ones I feel safe with scoring

fyi: I've only been growing "breeder" seeds for the last couple yrs...but been growing higher end bag seeds for over 15yrs....always had a nice personal use grow going someplace, just about ever since the first time I bought a bag and found a seed

also I still have alot of other seed packs that I still need to grow out before I will score them

and wanted to leave scoring room for the other "Contestants" on my list...soon some REZ DSD v2, then a couple BOG medley ladies, then the Skunk concepts should be entering the contest in a few months...then??....etc etc

Last edited:
G

Thanks Maddog... great report on the Golden Skush. Would love to peek into your stash and take a bowl of each strain.

Damn... I need to get busy and GROW!

G

bump up

.....I was looking for this post for my score scale, before I make my new reports on Deep Chunk and sugar loaf in the near future

smokingroov

maddog...I have you heard anything about the POK Kush x Product 19. I cant realy find any thing on it. All of my Skush's are strong with real fat Indica leaves. Thanks for the info.

Thanks MadDog...
I started germning two seeds on Friday. Put them in a 24 hour soak. I placed them in jiffy pellets on Sat and yesterday they popped they're cute little heads. I was so excited. Placed the other 8 in soak yesterday and will place in jiffy pots tonight. Hopefully I see the rest of their cute little heads tomorrow!
:smile:

G

I apreciated the report on Golden Skush. Sounds like it's alright. No great smoke but nice. Great info on a strain not talked about much. I apreciate you bringing it to light.

Bonghobbit

Good to hear positive reviews of the Golden Skush, it's the main strain in my current grow and the first in, like three weeeks ago, is kicking out a big ass main kola. One thin I have noticed though is that the emerging buds seem to 'burn' easily and do best at a good distance from the lights, greater than what the othger strains seem to tolerate without problem (I usually have tops as close as 12" without a problem, the GSk seems to like 18" better).
I had good success germinating them, and very good female/male ratio, and am looking forward to a damn smokey March. There's 9 of them, 4 Mazar (fems), 3 Sour Bubble and a solitary Durban PoisionxSkunk, which I was able to train into a beautiful bush and shows alot of promise. With 2 freebie packs of those on hand, I'm hoping the smoke is good. Goitta love those freebies.

G

Nice piece / have you sent it in to Flower Pix?

Looks like Sweet buds of joy to me!

Latest posts

Latest posts