What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thailand Outdoor

ThaiPhoon

Hello,

It has been a while since posting here, I have been here reading and learning.

I planted these seeds that I found in a bag of Thai brick. I must say I had an awful germ rate. I planted about a dozen beans and ended up with 2 plants.
I assume these will hermie as all other Thai plants I have grown will. My last outdoor grow got cut short due to paranoia. I was living in Bangkok then, now I am out in the country! I still have to keep these grows somewhat stealthy.

These beans popped near the end of October so they are roughly 6 or 7 weeks old. I see preflowers that resemble female ones, but like I mentioned I am quite sure they'll go hermie.

I am growing them in some soil I made using as much organics as I can find out here. I have some sand, some composted sugar cane waste, some sort of volcanic powder(not sure what exactly it is, but loads of nutrients) some shrimp waste powder, some dried and ground coconut husk and the hairy stuff from coconuts, I also water using water from a fish pond. They look pretty healthy.

I have topped them once already.

I hope to hear from others living in Thailand with experience growing this type out. I will eventually get some good beans in the future!

ThaiPhoon

Sorry about the shit photo, my camera is kind of old. I think you can still see the preflower.

These are obviously 2 very different pheno's here. You can see that the one left has broader leaves. I can't remember but it is possible that the seeds came from different bags. At this point I don't care, I just want some pot that isn't brick!

If anyone else has any ideas about how long these may take to finish flowering that would be great.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I'm estimating it might take you another three months. I grew several pure Indian sativa fems out last year, and that's how long they took in flowering, so the Thai should be quite similar. Very nice to see a Thai grow :) There are a lot of people on here who would love some pure Thai seeds. When they really start putting on weight, you might want to tie up those branches so they don't snap under their own weight...

G

Welcome ThaiPhoon, glad to see you started a thread. Looking forward to your thread. Again, sorry for the confusing about my location. Glad to see you got those plants going. I know there will be alot of members following your thread. Alot of members here at IC love the Thai's. I've got a nice collection of different Thai seeds and just love them all. Good luck with your grow and I hope you find a source for some perlite there.
Take care,
BG

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I thought I heard somwhere that thailand had the death penalty for growing or somthing? Might have been another country near by though.

ThaiPhoon

Well officially I guess the death penalty is possible, but considering its the cops themselves that often sell the weed, you can see how well enforced certain laws are here!

Thaksin had a horrible crackdown a few years ago, now that ass is gone and those extra-judicial killings are being investigated.

Anyways I am not growing on a commercial scale, therefore not to worried about it. I just dont like tasting shity brick weed.

Peace

Swamp Thang

Veteran
ThaiPhoon I can't help being curious. If the Thai cops sometimes sell weed, what is the normal protocol for asking a cop for some Thai-stick without getting a night-stick work-over.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
hahaha...yeah, it must be interesting to buy weed from a Thai cop. I should be in Phuket sometime next year. I hear most of the weed in Thailand is now from Cambodia/Laos though. :( BTW, they might take up to four months.

If you wanna boost your yields, throw some crushed bone onto the surface of the soil. It will provide calcium and phosphate. A little crushed egg shell won't hurt either.

Last edited:

ThaiPhoon

Well, I would never ask a cop directly! lol. Taxi drivers and Tuk-Tuk drivers are the ones to ask (Not in Bangkok) The cops have it due to taking it off of some other poor bastard. So it really just depends on who you ask and when. I mean out in the villages its a totally different scene than in city. Pot is not seen as something evil. I have been lucky here and have met some very helpful people mostly just by being in the right place at the right time!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Its good to see that the old saying about cops having the best weed does hold true in Thailand, but I will remember to stay clear of the ware-house and buy my high through the broker if I'm ever over there, ThaiPhoon.

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
hope all goes well with your lil ladies this season, will keep an eye on your thread and glad you decided to post up on here. Dime

ThaiPhoon

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and showing interest in my tiny little Thai grow! I can hardly wait till April, thats when I expect these to be finished. I'll post more photos when there is something to get excited about!

HarryNugz

I'll be sitting in on this one as well! It'll be nice to see a native grown Thai. Best of luck and scope out some killer Thai genes for later on.

G

im one of the many resident ic thai-lovers! :) cant wait to see you finish those ladies in their natural home!

kush07

I will be looking forward to looking at some beautiful ladies. Oh, the reason you had a bad germ was probably the fact that you got those seeds from brick weed. Brick weed is typically compressed which, in addition to hurting quality, damages any viable beans. That was a big problem back in the early days of growing when people would plant seeds and they wouldn't sprout. Good luck with your lovely ladies (knock on wood).

Happy Toking :bandit:

ThaiPhoon

Thanks for tuning in here fellas.

I agree about the brick ruining seeds, I mean some of them looked burned or something! I did choose ones that were not too obviously badly damaged. Also I have used sand as part of the mix and it is possible that it may have dried out. Dont really care, as I am sure that these little ones will keep me tied and I presume they will yield a few more beans!

Peace

daver

Hello there! nice pics =) you should try get some duckfoot beans, i can send you a couple they grow great around our area. looking forward to see more updates later =)
its great to see some more asia grows.

Peace

Hi Guys, good to see people are still havin a crack at growin here. Got to say not such a good idea trying in Bangkok....protected rooftops/balconies to only way to go.....

If your coming to Thailand DO NOT ask cops/taxi's/tuk tuk drivers etc....please
try to find another traveller or person living here that has scored ALREADY and you know its safe.
Believe it or not the COPS do sell weed and all other stuff,.....DO not buy from them, it will end in TEARS.
I was goin home after scoring from my western friend and had the weed safely hidden in my BOLLOX only about 1/2 oz. I couldn't believe when i got stopped quite close to where i lived and got a random search from the "Boys in Brown" (well there not that random these days,...any white face will do)
The "officer" proceeded to put his hands down my jeans and have a feel around "down below" Yep they got the 1/2 oz and demanded 50,000 Baht ($1200).....
Fuck if i gave them that but they got 15,000 outta me,....oh but i got a free ride to the ATM though, they didnt charge me for that,...LOL

$15 for the weed and about $400+ for the police, expensive that was.......but for that i could have got myself 10 years or worse the death sentance, YEP thats right the rumors you all hear are true, so be carefull please......

Got to wonder sometimes why they call this place "The land of Smiles" is it cos when your getting fucked over one gets a nice smile at the same time....??

Peace, Thai Flowers

P.S does anyone know of anyother places "in the World" where one can be MOLESTED, RIDICULED, on the street and then Have to Pay $400+ for the experience ???

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Quite a few places in Africa have "police" forces that make those Thai cops look downright angelic by comparison. I'll spare you the details.

ThaiPhoon

Hi,

I was just in Bangkok visiting friends for a few days... I am back in the lovely country side now! I managed to score about 200 grams of decent "thai brick" while i was there. This time it has a nice greenish color and its not so harsh!

I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

Thai Flowers that is great advice. I consider myself very lucky to have met the people I know in Bangkok. I have not had any problems ever, (knock on wood).

It all boils down to who you know...not what you know!

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts