What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neilspotshop - 400w Grow and Show

G

Hello everyone and Welcome to my current grow!
I flower with a 400w grolux in a cooltube.
The veg cab has two 125w envirolights. I use one blue spectrum and one red spectrum.
I use a seedling starter soil up until the first transplant. Then i use bio bizz all mix.I add dolomite lime to the biobizz.

7737My_Plants_23_11_06_019.jpg

I use a selection of nutes from biobizz and also canna. Heres most of what i use:

7737My_Plants_23_11_06_014.jpg

I also use the bloom booster from bio canna but have run out.

Ok Enough about what i use, The strains i will be growing this round are Mod bx, Hashberry, Lemon stinky and dreamgoddess.

I cant remmber the exact date i germed them but would have been late october. I germed two of each strain, however one hashberry decided it wanted to grow up rather than down so we were left with 7 seedlings.

7737My_Plants_28_10_06_027.jpg

continued ....

G

Continued ...

Continued ...

All seedlings seemed to take off well :) This is the first time the veg cab had proper ventilation and the mixed spectrum of enviro's really seemed to be working.

7737My_plants_09_11_06_004.jpg

On the 15th of November they were moved under the 400w hps, on an 18/6 light schedule still.
As you can see in the pic i started to train the two mod's on the 18th, The mod's are on the left with the dream goddess's and hashberry in the middle and the lemon stinky's on the right.

7737My-Plants--18_11_06-04E.jpg

Continued ....

G

Continued ...

Continued ...

Well I switched to 12/12 on the 18th and since then all but one of the plants have shown sex!

Both Mod bx Female
One Dreamgoddess female and one male
Hashberry male
lemon stinky one male and one suspected male.

These pic's were taken this morning, the Mod ladies are back left and front right and are looking very pretty i think :) , The dreamgoddess lady is front left and the unconfirmed lemon stinky is back right.
I also added my san pedro to the cab today, she normally stays on the window sill but its bit cold at this time of yr plus the light is less than ideal.

7737My_Plants_23_11_06_009.jpg

7737My_Plants_23_11_06_012.jpg

I will add regular and more detailed photos as we progress, I know everyone wants flowering pic's :)
Well i hope I havent bored you to much, please free to ask any questions and check back as we have only really just started especially with the sativa ladies:)
Good luck with your grows!
~neilspotshop

Tokabowl

:yes:
Nice man they really look healthy!
Im seriously considering upgrading to a 400W cooltube myself and ive got a couple questions:
What space are you working with (under the 400)?
How far away from the tops/ how close can you keep the cooltube?
and also what extractor fan are you running for the cooltube?
Thanks,

Is that some San Pedros i spot in the middle of the jungle? :yummy:

Keep the updates coming,
good luck

Peace :joint:

G

Hey good to see you tokabowl!

My space is 85cm(33inchs) by 50cm(19inchs) and 165cm(65inchs) tall.

At the moment the plant tops are about 8 inch's away from the tube, They can get closer in flower sometime i have had them at about 3 inch's without burning but you can bleach the tops. i find 6 inch's to 8 inch's about best because it gives a reasonable spread of light as well as intensity.

The extractor fan i am using is made by ruck a swiss company i think, Its 350m3h or 210cfm. The fan and cooltube i am using are 5 inch diameter. I extract up into the loft where i have a home made carbon scrubber connected at the end of the ducting.

Yes My san pedro likes being in there even if the humidity is a little low for her. Two of her limbs are about a foot tall and one is closer to a foot and a half :)

Tokabowl

Thanks a lot, that pretty much confirms what i wanted to hear. I am working with nearly the same area but the only difference is i only have a ruck100 (4" / 175m3h), not the ruck125 5"/250m3h... Do you think that'll be enough?
Thanks for the info, should be getting the cooltube soon :D

Edit - How long do the San Pedros take to mature, how big do they have to be to be consumed?

Last edited:
G

Really not sure on the fan, Mine is a 125L for sum reason it moves more air than a normal one, i havent seen it for sale since though. My ges is it will be fine if you dont put any filters on but check out the 400w club in the soil forum if you cant find the info there ask, i am sure someone will no for sure.

As far as i know with the san pedro i think about a foot/35cm long and 7 cm in diameter would be a correct dose. My plant is more like 5-6cm diameter so maybe a bit more would be needed. I believe they vary in strength greatly. I bought a section for eating and chose one with the grow tip still on. I didnt end up eating the bit i bought as it was rather dry but i got the tip so was fine with it. Best info on the subject i think is on erowid.Few others on here with them too.

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hey there nielspotshop......
the fan u mention that moves more air-is it an RVK? I use RVK fans and some of them have 2 motor sizes for each size of fan, like the 6 inch one, theres the 150A1 whichs moves 420M3/Hr and then theres the 150L1 which ive got and that moves 680M3/Hr.
Nice cactus mate...

G

Hi major, jumblyjoe thanks for stopping by!
Hey harry thanks yes it is an rvk, I gessed the letter meant something but thanks for clearing that up. That 680m3h must be like having a hurricane indoors!
I took a couple of pics but theres been no sunshine so didnt come out great.

dreamgoddess

7737My-Plants_-26_11_06-34E.jpg

and one of the Mod bx

7737My-Plants_-26_11_06-21E.jpg

Good luck with your growing
~neilspotshop

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
damn i was wanting to here a smoke report on the lemon stinkys ,i did a trade for some but got burnt by bakedpope who deleted his account , oh well live and learn

G

nice looking grow neil.... so all you have left are the 2 MOD females and 1 of the dreamgodess females?

If you have the space don't be afraid to bend the tops of those MOD girls right down, they should respond very well to some LST right through till about 1/2 way into flowering. Those 2 girls could easily fill that whole space right up even without the indica in there.

Jack

G

Hi jack thanks for stopping by!
Yes its the two Mod ladies and one dreamgoddess girl.
Yes i have been looking in there and wondering about the space, i didnt expect to have two sativa ladies in there hehe.
Think i will probably transplant and start the next round of training in the next day or two.
I took a clone of each plant when they went into 12/12, Both have now rooted so going to fire up the veg cab again. Better take a clone or two from the DG too.
Good luck with your growing!
~neilspotshop

G

Hey tmizzy, thanks for stopping by! Yes the dreamgoddess lady is looking really good a very sturdy indica, I expect i will be growing her again.
Well heres a small update. I transplanted all three ladies into 3 gallon pots,
Instead of using the all mix i managed to get hold of a bag of light mix. It states ec1.2 on the bag which a lot higher than feeding wisely by mandala suggests but i think i should be ok.
They haven't shown any signs of stress yet and all went well.
This is the roots of one mod they were ready for transplant all roots looking healthy i think.

7737My-Plants_-29_11_06-01E.jpg

Heres a couple of pic's of the ladies after the transplant, I have nearly finished tyeing up the mod on the right but havent had time to start with the other mod lady on the Left.

7737My-Plants_-29_11_06-06E.jpg

7737My-Plants_-29_11_06-03E.jpg

I just would include one without the hps, the Mod on the Left i think.

7737My-Plants_-28_11_06-2-01E.jpg

The Ladies seem to be responding well to the tyeing up :yoinks:
They had a feed of a light dose of bio bizz grow and bloom a couple of days and seemed to like it but i dont want to over do the nitrogen with the sativa ladies.
They have been in 12/12 for 7-10 days now.
Unfortunately the cactus had to go back on the window for now as theres not enough room in there, i will be getting the enviros in the veg cab turned on tonight.
Any comments or questions welcome!
Good luck with your grows!
~neilspotshop
:joint:

Marley

hey

hey

They look great, i love the lush greeness of them. Good root mass shows there happyness.

Keep up the good work

peace :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts