3000w Fip/Flop - Hydro Construction

V

vhGhost

Layout - 6 - 1000w hps bulbs / 3 - balasts / 1 - flip flop
- 1 - 700cfm inline fan(with dimmer) + carbon scrubber
- 54 - 5Gallon black buckets
- 1 - 2200Gal/hour pump
- 1 - active res with float valve( with an additional 50gal res )+ Trimeter
-each 5 gal bucket will be 1/4 full with water(+nutes)
-each bucket will have 2 x 360degree misters ( no air stones in the buckets )
-the actual room itself measures 14'W x 36'L x 7'H
-each room will measure 15'L x 7'W ( 1000hps = 4'x4' area + some more room if needed )
-each room will be coolled by 1 window at the back with ducting to each room in the center at the back
-air will be sucked out of the rooms with 1 700cfm inline fan into a carbon scrubber ( alternating using baffles 12/12 )
-drain line used will be 1" / main feed 1/2" / + 1/8" spaghetti lines

i'll add more info as i get pics!

Last edited:

HYDROJUNKIE

alrite!,...Ill take the first seat,.....ill be doing a flop after my current show is done also vh....
so this should be interesting and spark some great ideas...
looks like you got it all planned out...nice! :lurk:

F

Father Time

i Bags the seat next to HYDROJUNKIE :woohoo:

let the Show begin. :lurk:
Kind Regards,FT :wave:

HYDROJUNKIE

the funny thing is I had the same # of plants you have per light in mind,..(5 g. buckets).only I was thinking of using coco,....but now that I think about it,...720 gallons of coco just aint ''grower friendly''
back to the drawing board I guess,...but im getting some good ideas from your plans...
soquick has a pretty good little setup in his garage that may spark some new ideas for you too.
when upgrading the show theres so many different ways to go and so hard to decide!
have fun vh!

V

vhGhost

well a couple of things that you mentioned hydrojunkie i've already used, such as the soquicks 1 plant per 1.5sqf idea, then i thought about it long and hard and realised i wouldn't have enough room for hoses and such. sooo all this planning i found myself with plants that are already coming up on 18inches.... so i'm down to 6 buckets per light, and im almost done , should be running on monday! PS. i know what you mean with to much coco( lol ) i was going to do ebb/flo buckets but thats over 180gals of hydroton ... NOoooo way! i'm doing hydro because i can't stand lifting loads of soil... and 180gals of hydroton is not very easy to clean lol... take it easy guys i'll have pics asap!!!

Hello Father, Mushupork!!! :D

oh yeah here are the plants in ebb/flo 1 week old pics .. but something to get the idea across

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

ok guys quick update, i don't think we'll get to see the girls in the system until after Christmas. :chin: but i do have some progress pics, 2 days old so theres alot more done now then you see on the pics.

First - overview of the rooms

The Res 2200gal/hr pump with drain line with a vavle, also helps bring the pressure down

the external filter, i like how it works, does a great job

just another look

looking up at the sun

Buckets where changed because of faulty spaghetti string "T's"

Back of the rooms, some changes have been made here to!

The beast, don't worry its already untangled and setup

Behind back wall, window is cracked 5"

And now for the girls, they are going to big when they get into flower

350ml sample bottle

And Some Love Potion and wilawana, gifted from a very kind person

More pics and updates coming soon

senseless

wow impressive growsetup vhghost.
do you know how much water it will take to fill the whole system up?
what kind of nutrients are you going to use?

is that inline fan a 8inch? why do you have 6 inch reducers on it? that will cut down air flow a lot.

simple

thats a real pro looking setup. nice work should result in nice yield.

i have questions about a "flip flop". how are they wired up, where can you get them, and how hot does your balast get running 24/7 for extended periods of time? ive read that startup is hardest on the balast but is it warming the ballast itself or warming the bulb that does it? would it shorten the life of the ballast to be on so much?

thanks for any knowledge you share.

V

vhGhost

wow impressive growsetup vhghost.
do you know how much water it will take to fill the whole system up?
well i'm thinking 1.5gal per bucket so around 54-58Gals of water
what kind of nutrients are you going to use?
i'll be using GH G/M/B with canna's pk13/14, floralicious, and big bud.
is that inline fan a 8inch? why do you have 6 inch reducers on it? that will cut down air flow a lot.
this fan is reduced from a 10" to 6" only on 1 side( i have take of the short side that you see in the picture. i have to use the 6" ducting because of my hoods which are 6" openings. i'm not to worried about cutting down on air flow because i can barely keep the polly on the wall. and i'm sucking from a window( low temps in winter )
Great questions

Zercool - i'm just counting down the days untill these girls hit the buckets!!!

Simple - http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=678179 this link is your DIY link-o-rama for anything and everything, you'll find some nice info on Flip - Flops there, pricing wise i believe they are around 100$/per light.
the way i look at it about balasts is if you know that you are going to use it then why not use it 24hours a day instead of 3 more balasts burning($$$)

more updates soon

Last edited:

senseless

heres a link to a 10x8x8 Y ducting adapter, you could put 8 to 6 inch reducers on that and it would push or pull alot more air than the way you have it and you can still use it for your lights. its also more efficient to pull air rather than push it if ya diddnt know....

http://www.rewci.com/10x8x8.html

peace.

senseless

V

vhGhost

senseless yeah i thought about adding a Y like that but its already 5 feet tall and i have them baffles on there, i might actually try it. but yes i am sucking and not blowing, thanks for the input
budweiser- thanks for stoping by i can't wait ether.

HYDROJUNKIE

nice!!!!
smart by keeping those plant numbers down,...I think Ill be going that route as well,....im not into jailtime myself...

damm nice job vh!.....you might find that those trees will get alot bushier than you expect! :yoinks:

keep up the good work. :woohoo:

V

vhGhost

sorry about the slow update guys ... its just that there is really nothing spectacular to see right now.... the plants have been kinda hurtin since 1 week before flowering and i just can't seem to pin point it... but the plants that are doing good are doing really good... anywho .. some pics of the rooms and the plants ... +++ some Reeferman Strains Willawana and Love potion #1 a few of each different pheno's ...

Latest posts

Latest posts