What's new

Vaportronic by vaportek

G

I just received the vaportronic from Colker Janitorial,man they are fast.I recently got the optimum 4000 for my 8 by 8 flower room and I thought I'd try the cheaper wall mount vaportronic for the 8 by 8 "cure" room next door.It works great,I have to really tone it down like the oiptimum which I have set on 2 and goes to 9.I probably could have used the vaportronic for the flower room,either way these products are the best thing I've run into for sealed grows.I used to use hydrofarm ionizers at 140 bucks each but these are a lot more effective.

Sauce

I'm thinking about getting a Vaportronic for a small grow (250w atm, ,maybe 600w later) in an apt. do you think it would be enough? A carbon scrubber is going to cost me a lot more but I figure it's the guaranteed option. I saw a european 1800w grow vid using just a single Vaportronic. So how much do you think this will cover up?

G

I know it will be enough,it carries five discs and comes preset.I use 1 disc and still had to turn it down it was too strong.I use classic neutral for both optimum 4000 and vaportronic,it you get a "fruity" smell its too strong you have to turn it down.Once its dialed in you basically smell nothing

fatboyOGOF

hey skeletor.

i've been hunting for the vaportonic. i don't see it listed at Colker Janitorial. i'll give them a buzz.

sounds perfect for my 5x5 room. :)

G

Thanx for starting a thread on this. It looks like a very sweet little unit but operating cost was a concern. Maybe I'm just a little confused after doing some research and don't wanna steer friends wrong. You talk about using 1 out of 5 possible discs when I thought there was 1 replaceable cartridge. The cartridges seem kind of pricey but it could be I'm missing something regarding discs/cartridges/etc.

G

I'm considering getting one of these units to put inside my grow room which consists of a hydrohut mini w/ 400 watts and c13 veg cab w/flouros to replace the can 33 that i have mounted in the hut.

My only concern however, is that since these units 'mask' odors instead of removing the particles like a scrubber does.. wouldn't that tip off a drug dog from a mile away? I'm sure that a drug dog could still smell mj despite a scrubber but it seems that a simple 'masking' agent would make the situation alot worse.

Any thoughts on this?

G

z0r said:
I'm considering getting one of these units to put inside my grow room which consists of a hydrohut mini w/ 400 watts and c13 veg cab w/flouros to replace the can 33 that i have mounted in the hut.

My only concern however, is that since these units 'mask' odors instead of removing the particles like a scrubber does.. wouldn't that tip off a drug dog from a mile away? I'm sure that a drug dog could still smell mj despite a scrubber but it seems that a simple 'masking' agent would make the situation alot worse.

Any thoughts on this?

A drug dog could prolly smell the mj coming through a scrubber if it was close enough due to their sensitivity. I don't know that authorities can go running around with dogs trying to find stuff. I believe it would come down to a 'probable cause' issue.

R

rule35sub1

the optimum 4000 for your 8 by 8 flower room?!?!
what do you set it at, 1? LOL
that is a big unit for such a lil room, does it affect the taste of your buds?

G

Not even a tiny bit,and there's no perfumy smell either with the classic neutral carts.I set it on 2 to start towards the end afetr 40 or 50 days I have to gradually turn it up but it does work great.I was worried about it being too "strong" for such a small sealed room also,but I was worried about nothingEDIT I also have the wall mount "vaportronic" in the 8 by 8 room next door where I hang/dry my plants,its made for 2000 cu ft lol.I have zero odor problems anymore,I can leave my front door wide open and I frequently do

Last edited:

marley1

so this unit goes in the actuall grow room, not outside? I am planning a small walk in closet grow, this mite be perfect.

I would install this into teh closet correct?

G

I would use the vaportek in a walk in closet,thats all you should need.The refills are cheaper too little discs that you buy by the dozen

marley1

So is that the only site to order from?

I don't see it on ebay or anything?

Anyone know of a cheaper site??

G

I dont think you'll find it cheaper than colker,you'll find a lot more expensive sites though

Sauce

http://www.johnsonsupplyinc.com/miva/merchant.mv?

That site is the cheapest for the Vaportronic (ty Pontiac). $25 for the Vaportronic and $25 for a dozen neutral (only neutral there) discs. It was $10 for shipping rounding the total out to $60. I just bought one and it arrived today however I have not put it up yet. Tomorrow I will put it up and then we'll see how well it works.

It says it works for up to 10,000 square feet. I only have a 250w in a C25 so it should be plenty for me. I plan to move up to a 600w in a bigger cab within the next few months so hopefully it will suffice for that as well. I saw a European grow video where a guy used only a Vaportronic to cover up a 1800w grow. :yoinks: I believe the room may have been sealed though.

Last edited:

NPK

Wow, this sounds damn near perfect: small, relatively cheap, and effective. I have a big carbon filter in my flowering room, but need odor control upstairs too--that's where I trim and cure.

Thanks for the tip, Skeletor

marley1

Sauce said:
http://www.johnsonsupplyinc.com/miva/merchant.mv?

That site is the cheapest for the Vaportronic (ty Pontiac). $25 for the Vaportronic and $25 for a dozen neutral (only neutral there) discs. It was $10 for shipping rounding the total out to $60. I just bought one and it arrived today however I have not put it up yet. Tomorrow I will put it up and then we'll see how well it works.

does just the 25 buck vaportronic come with the 5 starter discs? or just the bare unit?

Sauce

I'm pretty sure just the unit but I'm not sure, very little info is provided at that site. I have to pick it up from my mom's house later today so I have not even opened the package yet. I will get back to you guys on it later tonight (Thurs).

Sauce

Got the thing today and installed 2 discs and the battery. It doesn't come with any discs, you need to order them by the dozen.

I agree with what I've read previously about the neutral scent, it smells almost exactly like old fashioned bubble gum. I just installed the discs (2) and battery a few hours ago and it already smells pretty strong in here. I am in a small apartment so it would dissipate much more in a house or larger place. I took some pics and I will upload them later for you guys to see. My girls are just over 2 weeks into flower so they don't smell that strong right now, the real test will come in about a month when they really start to stink.

One thing I noticed is that the battery is only used to power the small fan which is literally silent. It is set by default to cycle 1 min on, 1 min off, but you can adjust the cycles up to 30min by turning a screw in the unit. It says that the default is the best for 'deodorizing' so I plan to keep it at that. Since the unit is only passive, nothing electrical interacts with the discs themselves, you could probably rig the discs up to another fan or put them inline and they would probably still work pretty well.

So far I think this thing was well worth the $, I can only imagine how strong it would be with all 5 discs installed. I'd like to try some other scents but at $25 a dozen + s/h I don't plan to buy new discs anytime soon.

I'll get back to you guys later about how it's working out and upload the pics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts