What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Medical Grow ~ WW & C99

TheGhost

Hi all, :wave:

Its time for the next cycle in my cabinet so I figured that I should document a grow.
It’s probably not the best time to do this because I have just made some major changes to my usual setup, but we’ll just have to see what happens.

So, what have I changed?

Usual plant numbers = 2
This grow = 4

Two new strains that I have never flowered before.

Two plants are from seed and two plants are from clone.:chin:

This time round I didn’t have the time or space to worry about the male female thing so I ordered some seeds from Female Seeds. I got some C99 and White Widow.
C99 is new to me, I have tried it but never grown it. I have grown Widow a while back and I do remember the great potency but I also remember the smell which I am concerned about, but I’ll cross that bridge if I come to it.:eek::

BTW: If anyone is interested in my set up details and history just check out the “250w Medical Stealth Cabinet” link in my sig.

So I just chopped down my last grow and tomorrow I am going to set up this grow.
The last grow was a combination of Skunk#1 and Gypsy’s White Rhino. I will get some shots and do a short report on the Rhino tomorrow.

Anyway, for this grow I have two C99 clones that were taken from the best of 6 female seedlings, and two White Widow seedlings that are at five weeks old.
All four plants are on the their second day of full strength nutes (lucas 8-16) and at this stage they are all close to the same height.

Sorry for the crappy pics but I had a lot to do and only had time for some quick snaps.

Here they are vegging under fluros.

Wide leaves are WW seedlings, narrow leaves are C99 clones.

C99

White Widow

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow after they are transplanted into the flower chamber.

Later,
Ghost :joint:

G

Nice looking plants Ghost. Your cab is one of the best Ive seen..... great work. Ill be watching this one. :lurk:

G

If you don't mind, do you care to tell us what the rhino looks like it'll yield and what methods you used on it. I am also growing RHINO with a 250 and was wondering what exactly I should be expecting. Wow and a quinc. I am gorwing c99 next...

Thanks

i_score

tagging along!! :lurk:
i love white widow, it´s one of my fav´s, c99 is one of the to grow list.good luck, 250 watts gang :dueling: :confused:

TheGhost

Welcome guys,
So I got some shots of the best rhino bud and a good skunk#1.
I originally got the White Rhino because so many people had said that it was a good med strain.
It never had much vigor and it really struggled to keep up with the Skunk. I cut some a little early and the high is a bit of a kreeper, very relaxing for the muscles but it just did not help my partner with pain the way I thought it would not to mention that I chopped it at 60 days and it looked like it could have gone another week.
I saved some pollen from a white rhino male and polinated some lower branches on both the Skunk#1 and the Rhino.

Very heavily seeded Skunk#1 buds.

Here is the best White Rhino bud, yes it is a good yielder but it just does not make the cut in my garden.

The Rhino was grown in DWC under a 250w hps alongside a Skunk#1.

Thanks for looking guys.:wave:
Its time for a break :joint: and then I will get on and post some pics of the new grow.

Later, Ghost

TheGhost

Ok, its done. :woohoo:

The change over is complete, the old crop has been chopped and I have 4 new plants in the flower chamber. Here we go again. :woohoo:

The two C99's have been topped but the two Widow's haven't. I will top the Widows in the next couple of days. Its a bit of a guess as to what is going to happen with this grow because two of the plants are clones and two are seedlings.

When I first plant new plants into the system the roots don't reach the water level so I run small feeder lines on 24/7. Not much flow but enough to keep them watered until the roots reach the water level and I can turn the feeder lines off.

C99 clone

White Widows on the left, C99's on the right.

White Widows.

C99's.

The whole gang.

I hope to veg for 7-10 days and then go 12/12, but the timing is hard to predict because I have not grown either of these strains before.

I will update this thread on a weekly basis.
Thanks for sharing my grow.

Later :joint:
Ghost

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
looking good man, how much height do you have for the plant's to grow? their goona grow fast in that hydro tub for sure. ive read that white wido grow's best with single cola style. good luck.

darrinjefferson

damn ghost. i really like your chocies of strains. should be very nice, and very rewarding. and ya got plenty of seeds from the looks of it to go for a long time..hehehe

cant wait to see this baby packed full of buds.
late

TheGhost

Update time!

Smokateer4204: I have 10 inches of growing space from the top of the rocks to the screen and then 13 inches of growing space above the screen. I can squeeze a couple of extra inches in if I have to but the bud tips get a little close to the light if I let them go 13+ inches above the screen. I try to keep my buds to between eight and ten inches above the screen if possible because a 250w light does not really penetrate the canopy well below 8 inches.

Hey DJ hows it going? welcome aboard.

So, things have gone well the temps here are getting hot and I even had a couple of days this week that I measured 35 degrees celcius (95f) in the room outside the cab.
I topped the Widows and they recovered well. I am really impressed with the vigour show by both these plants. The tops of the tallest plant are at about 8 inches above the rocks, I think that they are ready to go 12/12 but I need to take clones for the next run and they are just not big enough to cut yet.
I am going to let them veg for another day and hopefully I will be able to cut some clones and flip the lights tomorrow.

Sorry for the yellow pics, I was late tonight and the lights were on.

Group Shot Day 7 Veg.

White Widow

C99

The C99 clones are branching like crazy, and the Widows are just getting fatter and fatter.
I will post some pics tomorrow after I clone them and flip the lights.

Thanks for looking guys.

Later, Ghost

kush07

c99 is a killer plant. The bud, when grown with great love and care can be some of the best you will ever smoke. Personally, I don't grow with hydro cause I find it to be to hard to set up and you lose some taste that you gain when growing in soil. However, I look forward to your grow. The plants look healthy and happy. I wish you all the luck with your grow.

Also, if you have a medical grow then why do you need a stealth cab? Wouldn't it be easier to make a room since you have med card. Just curious.

Happy Toking :rasta:

TheGhost

Update time!

Nice harvest DJ, I have been lurking on your thread and things are looking great.

Kush07: I hear you on the soil verses hydro taste, but I have grown both ways and I still can not tell the difference when it comes to taste, maybe its just me. As far as the Med grow thing goes, I said that this is a grow is for medical purposes, unfortunatly the government in the part of the world that I am currently living in would love to throw my ass in jail even if it is a medical grow........No med cards here. :confused: The main concern for me is that I am the sole caregiver to my partner and I can't afford any entanglements with LEO.

Okay so to the grow. :woohoo:

Day 6 Bloom.

Things are looking good, I put the screen in two days ago and it's almost full.
The C99's are showing their sativa side and stretching more than the Widows but I am pretty sure I can keep things even with training.
I haven't really trained the Widows much yet but I have started training the c99s.

Group shot.

White Widow side.

C99 side.

White Widow side view.

C99 Side view.

Widow up close.

C99 up close.

On the last day of veg I cut some clones for the next run, they are looking good but I am getting some yellowing already which is a little early for my liking so i will have to keep a close eye on them. :chin:

One more side group shot.

So that's the update for this week, I am very happy with the growth rates and overall health of these two strains. Female seeds have done a great job.

Time for a break :joint:

Later, Ghost

kush07

Oh, ok. I thought you meant you had a med card. Plants are looking really nice and they look like they will fill your screen pretty uniformly. The clones might be yellowing cause they are having to use a lot of their energy and built up nutes for upkeep. Cutting the tips of clone leaves helps the cutting preserve energy and , IMO, gives it a better chance at survival.

ECUG

Loving seeing your box in action. Ive heard some pretty good things about female's c99, interested to see what you can do with them ghost. Your plants look very uniform and healthly. Great job. Are you using organic, or chemical ferts?

TheGhost

Kush07: I usually put a small shield on top of the clone box to cut the light levels down for cloning so that the clones expend their energy towards root production instead of leaf growth, but I forgot to put the shield on for the first three days so I guess thats why I am seeing yellowing earlier than I am used to. I sometimes cut the leaves but I live in a place with constantly very high humidity and the cut leaves are a great breeding place for fungus so I try not to do it much. That said, I used to live in a country with very low humidity and I cut the leaves on clones every time and it worked great.

ECUG: Thanks, I am using General Hydroponic nutes with the PH/Lucas formula (0,8,16).

Later, Ghost

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Nice...always happy to sit on another 250W grow :lurk:

Nice strains and set up Ghost :yes:

Good luck with this run eh :ying:

TheGhost

Update Time :woohoo:

Day 14 Bloom.

So things are charging along, the C99s are streching a little more than the Widows but I think that I can keep them under control.

The canopy height is about 8 inches right now and the plants are crowning so I don't expect too much more stretch, but with two new strains I really don't know.

I know I have said it before but the vigor of both these strains is excellent and all four plants are very healthy.

Group shot.

C99 side.

White Widow side.

White Widow Close.

C99 Close.

The clones are going well 100% roots by day 11. The Widows were showing roots at day 7 and the C99s followed with the last c99 showing on day 11.
not too much yellowing and the clones look healthy.
I will now keep the best two widows and the best two c99s and dispose of the rest. I will keep the clones ticking along on low levels of nutes until I am ready for the next run in 6 weeks.

Clones.

WW roots.

C99 roots.

C99 Clone.

Widow clone.

Thats it for this update guys, thanks for looking.

Time for a break. :joint:

Later, Ghost

kush07

Wow Ghost. Those are some nice looking plants and the canopy is very full. Nice. I hope they finish just as good and better than they are doing now.

G

I left a post in your original thread, but figured I'd get a response here rather than there :p

Could you please post a link or some info to the hydro shop where you purchased the adaptors for your 120mm CPU fans...I also have some 84 cfm 120mm fans that I'd like to utiklize but cant find anything that would allow me to attach duct to

Thanks

BTW: I also just pruchased the same 2 strains from Female seeds and need to get this cab finished up so I can crack these babies and get growin :confused:

Latest posts

Latest posts