What's new

stash jars.

what kind of jars do you cure your stash in?

i usually use the mason jars with the screw on lids, but i do have a smaller jar with a cork lid that gives my herb a better taste, and smell.

im looking to find some large jars with a cork lid, large enough for an ounce or so. the roor jars look nice, anyone use them? the top looks pretty airtight on those jars.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Look in your local supermarket for some pasta jars...they have em in all different sizes with a big cork lid.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
a.c. moore (and other major craft stores) have nice little glass jars with the lids that are held shut via some metal clips, and they are only a dollar a piece. mine are full and hold about 5/8ths of home grown

southpaw

Yup, craft stores or supermarkets for mason jars. And as long as I'm here, what is the general rule of thumb about jars and weight? A fully loaded (but not compressed) quart jar holds about an ounce right?

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Well I use large pickle jars to cure my buds...they hold just over an ounce each (without packing down).

You want to make sure you leave some space in there for some air exchange or you could be inviting mould...just drop your buds in there and you should be fine...but don't squash em in.

minds_I

Veteran
llo all,

I prefer FIDO wire bail heavy glass mason jars

One for every size-personal travel stash jar, long term jars 1 and 2 ounce sizes. Note the washable rubber seal- "SMOKE FRESH" (in my best John Lovetts voice) I say- not dried out buds from cork containers IMO.

minds_I

Last edited:
G

LOL! Those are awesome. if only i felt comfortable ordering online :(

treble

mason jars have finally made it here... or we have finally made it 21st century.. not sure but I was happy to score a couple nice mason jars recently when wandering around a big mart store we have here.:woohoo:

Until now I have used a wired cage jar with a rubber seal. I liked these but the seals wear down and I haven't found any to replace them.. jars or seals

I am making up numbers with a couple screw on lid kitchen jars. These actually work very well and my last cure was nice and easy. I don't know if any flavours are added by the plastics or not... but masons got plastic in their lids as well anyway.

the masons look good for some small scale ice or iso hash as well with their removable center in the lid....

treb

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
definitely bail top glass from the dollar stores! one buck each and the come in many sizes. i have seen the seals for sale before, they do make them.

G

You can re-make seals for the bail-type jars with silicon caulking. Use the type that is safe for aquariums. Put petoleum jelly on the jar and lid where they meet where the seal is supposed to be. Run a double bead of caulk on the footprint of the old seal. Gently close and latch the jar and let it set for the time recommended to fully cure. Don't be tempted to shape it until it is cured. Open it and carefully remove the seal and trim it to shape with scissors, wash the jelly from your jar thoroughly and put your new seal back on.

S

sow the seeds

I have a couple different jars, one is the wire type like minds_I posted...but green. You can find them at building #19 (I don't know if they are in every area) for under $1...in a bunch of different sizes.

Then a mason one that actaully sucks and doesn't seal tight.

The best one I have is an organic peanut butter jar that my family eats. When they're done with them I wash em out nice, get the peanutbutter smell out and they work wonderfully. Seal nice and everything.

southpaw

sow the seeds said:
I have a couple different jars, one is the wire type like minds_I posted...but green. You can find them at building #19 (I don't know if they are in every area) for under $1...in a bunch of different sizes.

Then a mason one that actaully sucks and doesn't seal tight.

The best one I have is an organic peanut butter jar that my family eats. When they're done with them I wash em out nice, get the peanutbutter smell out and they work wonderfully. Seal nice and everything.

Peanut butter, hehe. :biglaugh: If it works it works, I shouldn't laugh. If youre like me, you cleaned out a couple of apple sauce jars and are worried about turning your buds into Motts.