What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The F..ing Flo Growshow

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
hey there dank lovers its time for my first grow diary here at icmag. :wave:

hope you all are ready for a sweet showing here.. lets get down to the basics..

i'm growing in a c22 cab. sweet ass cab. :woohoo:

previously i've run a 400w hps hortilux with magnetic xtrasun ballasts. air was moved by a 180cfm activeair blower on the top of the cab. hood was valuebright but i didn't run it a/c style. it doesn't fit in the c22 unless you angle it. had a little turbofan blowing across for circulation. i have some goodies and upgrades in store for later.. be patient.

here are some shots from my first ever grow. was bagseed.. thought to be super silver haze (bud/female) x white widow (pollen/male) that was exposed in my friends growroom. could also have been super silver haze hermies, i dunno. i took them to 80 day veg with lst style and pruning.

had a killer yield with this one of almost 13 zips. but the smoke wasn't entirely memorable. it was great fun tho and i learned a lot. prepared me for more decent genetics.

so i got around to a second go.. didn't document with pictures all the way through tho. i had five smaller plants that i took to 14 days veg then into flower and they were left to tree up. i am smoking this right now and i wish that i could have been smart enough to reveg the one of these plants that really stood out. i had smaller pots to fit them all and the since they got pretty tall (~3ft) the light wasn't as efficient (on the second grow, same bulb.. and the penetration) i only pulled 7 ounces.

i had run some f2 seeds a friend made with his 'prize' males from some decent genetics. i started about 20 seeds ended up with 5 nice females. 3 blue moon rocks f2's, 1 super silver haze f2, and a random hermie seed that we found in some sour bubble nug. took em all to 65 days even tho one was done around 50.

here's how they played out.. the blue moon rocks clearly dominated. easily the best genetics here. these plants were all wonders.. quick growing.. healthy.. solid structures.. quick finishing.. beautiful, beautiful.

pheno 1 was a stout indica dom plant that didn't branch. just had a single solid cola. this one was ready around 50 but it bulked up more the last few weeks and i believe letting it go longer helped to ensure a damaging stoney red eyed smoke. very sleepy this one, and strong. the smell and taste are similar and have that slight bog *twang* and some irish spring soapy undertones. not much blue moon influence.

phenos 2 and 3 (both pictured) were the real showstoppers here. the blue moon genetics came through full force here. even stronger than the original blue moon rocks these f2's were so pleasant. obviously my favorite smokes this weed never ceases to amaze. i don't know if blue moon has thcv in large amounts but i'd be willing to bet on it. these nugs reeks of pledge cleaner and have such beautiful calyx (i wish my cam were better so you could see!) and both of these displayed dark 'thai' style leaves that curled down on the buds. its the only smoke of the group that gets me to that level with just one hit every time. tolerance seems nil and the ceiling on this is high up there if existing at all. i could go on and on.. wish i would have kept at least one of these to reveg.. :badday:

the sour bubble was boring.

i don't even care to go on. i will say that my friend grew out 3 phenos of this and two were great, grapey bubblegum with fruit loops in your mouth aftertaste. the third was not as good.. had a milder smell still decent. this is the one i found a hermie seed in and it proved useless. if i could get a pack of sour bubble genetics right now i would in a heartbeat because from the original seeds it was killer indica madness. this just did not turn out well. barely any potency and weak spicy bubblegum weirdness flavor.

the last plant was the super silver haze f2. it was a tri-branching plant that ended up with 2 tops when i left it to tree up with no pruning.

this smoke is okay but i feel like again the parents were much better. i don't know there just isn't much resin here.. low potency.. mild spicy smell. not really worthy of the super silver haze moniker. although this did display a nice foxtail structure. it doesn't get me high when i've been smoking the blue moon and other random danks so much recently.

now onto the recent happenings......

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
First of all is upgrade time. :bigeye:

i decided to get a 600w hps for the c22. its another magnetic xtrasun with a hortilux. i got a new hood too. daystar ac this time.. it fits better and i plan to utilize the glass lens and ac capability. i snagged a vortex 6" for this duty and once i get a hold of the jig saw to cut the hole from 4" to 6" it will sit right on top of the cab nicely. its up there now but restricted by the small hole. i run a pair of 8x8" darkroom louvers and plan to add 2 more. i now have a clip-on oscillating fan a smaller static turbofan on circulation.

pics:

the fan.

the 600w light setup (isn't in the cab yet).

fox farm ocean forest.

bought some seeds of my own.

heres the new hood in place awaiting ducting.

so as you may have noticed in the seed pic.. the flo is open and i got 8 seedlings to take off from the 10 seeds. they are vegging out now as i await the showing of preflowers. i plan to cull males and keep moms. i will clone these and flower the clones out to find keepers. should be fun they look awesome and already have unique smells and looks to them.

here are the flo's at about day 10. pretty quick little plants so far.

suprise! i also popped 5 lisa maries (come on... you all noticed) same deal with them.. looking for a killer mom. they started a week behind.

here is how the cab sits tonight. all plants are now in 1/2 gallon growbags.

so now i'll sweep across the cab from right to left and show yall the little tikes.

the 4 flo on the right look great.

some purple on the stems.. this one here on the left displays wonderful terps when rubbed. i hope its a female.

from above.

the 4 little lisa marie seedlings are coming along slowly. that one little runt.. damn. i had 5 for 5 germ ratio so props to rez on that. i have high hopes.

another shot

the fifth lisa marie is a little lonely.. looking good tho.

here are the other 4 flo plants.

that one in the back is getting tall.

so now i sit and wait and hope that you all enjoy the project and come on aboard for the ride with me. should be a fun time.

:joint:

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
Very nice.....i am sorry to hear that your F2s were not as dank as desired.....this seems to happen with Bogbubble as well (maybe 1/10 keeper females per pak).....

Do you have a carbon filter on your cab?

Also, do you think that underneathy lighting helped out your yield?

Thanks for a great thread!!!!

:ying: kind regards from your friend the guineapig :ying:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
hey what up guineapig thanks for stopping by. :wave:

no carbon filter on the cab.. i'm using a vaportek optimum 4000 that sits in the room the cab is in for odor control. if things get stinky with these and it can't control it i will add a can filter but right now that fan is on the lowest setting and its MOVING air. once i get more intakes and that exhaust hole cut the right spec this should really be great for ventilation. if i get a filter i can just turn up the dial. speed control is sweet.

i don't know if the cfls helped or not.. maybe. they are all 43 watters i used for veg to get the lights close to the seedlings. it really helps with that initial stretch. i didn't have them turned on all the time since they weren't wired into the timer and they were only actually in there the last 5 or 6 weeks of flower. i forgot to mention i went to 70 days on that first grow.

glad you enjoy it.. its just a start really for this new flo and lisa grow so i'll be around to update and hang out along the way.

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
thanks for the kind words maj.pothead! :wave:

update time :yoinks:

2 days later and wow these things have grown!

the 600w hps has been installed. :woohoo:

the flo plants were given a very weak feeding today (their first) of 3ml of pure blend pro grow and 3ml of liquid karma mixed to 1 gallon of water and shared amongst the 8. they really seem to be hitting a stride imo. great growth! they have switched sides <-->
tray 1

tray 2

the lisa's are coming along as well but a tad slower. beautiful plants..

enjoy.. i'll be back soon!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Thats a sweet setup you've got there. I like the simplicity too...ill be watching this one :lurk:

-Funk

G

Thats a spiffy cabnet ya got there Seedy! I am a fan of the C series grow box myself. I have a C24 I think. 4'w x 20"d x 78"t. 400hps/ cool tube...440cfm inline fan...880cfm scrubber.

I'm glad to see the size of the harvest a man can shoot for. I had no idea afella can pull 12 zips outta 1. Thanks.

Seed

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
little update.

first here are the 5 female cantidates from the flo. 3 of the 8 were.. you guessed it.. males!

as you can see i had some problems with these girls but they are on their way back to health. overwatering is key suspect as they kind of stunted and stopped drinking.. took forever to get them to dry out but now they are transplanted to 2 gal bags. first feeding should be tomorrow as they aren't quite dry.. still!

pheno1:

pheno2:

pheno3:

pheno4:

pheno5:

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
and from a far away location a shot of the one male i decided to keep.. based solely on the amazing smell of the stems! haha.. it really smells like a mixture of all the other plants qualities at a more potent level! and it has nice purple stems and sturdy growth. the other two males paled in comparison and just seemed less attractive to me.

at this point its my favorite of the 6 flos.. its not as troublesome yet as those
girls!

and back to the flower cab.. a shot of the new 6" insulated ducting up and being useful.

i'll be back around soon.. time to start the cloning attempts!
:joint:

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
hay buddies :wave:

so i got the cloning underway today.. i decided to take 2 cuts from each plant.. i put the tops in a soil mix and lower branch cuts in rockwool cubes.

soil is 2/3 fox farm light warrior 1/3 fox farm ocean forrest 10% extra perlite
went heavier on the light warrior so as not to burn them.

rockwool cubes were soaked in a solution of:

2.5ml pbp grow
1.25ml lk
1.25ml cal/mag

.. adjusted to 6.0 ph (or as close as i can get with my dropper tester) :bat:

the soil was watered with the same mix but with another 1.25ml blackstrap molasses mixed in.

now some pics.. here the girls are after labeling. i decided to keep the 'purple' phenos odd numbered and went down from the tallest to shortest.

and here are the cuts in their little homes.

and now the topped flos back in the front of the cab.

you guys think this looks humid enough? :chin:

loving it.. wish me luck! can't wait till i get these cloned. i want to flower these girls!

be back soon!

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
hey hash.. yeah my first ever clone.. pretty happy about that.

yeah hopefully the others will follow suite.. i think the end of this week i'll flip the girls over to 12/12.. that gives them 2 weeks from being topped to recover.. the tall girl (#1, which is also the clone that rooted) is getting really tall again really quickly.

so whats the concensus should i give that clone a few more days in the cube to shoot some more roots out? or should i go ahead and plant it in soil?

mangled

nice grow, gatta love the flo too, dont see too many people growing it out
curious as to why you chose dutch over DJ?

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
main factor was the dj versions of flo and blueberry weren't available at the time (i got dp bb too). i would have likely gone for the f-13 but it wasn't available either. only flodica which is a more indica expression.. so i went to dp after reading much about the facts of the dj/dp deal and selection process.

very happy with them so far and i think these flo girls exhibit an extremely high quality which would rival dj's own versions anyday simply because of the stability of these genetics.. this is the first plant i've grown that i feel pictures cannot do justice to (especially pics like mine with ongoing issues) the reds and purples on the stems and the lovely & unique leaf shapes (when they are healthy!) are really something to behold. and the smells are similar but each unique.. and all very dank.

i think that even tho flo is a relatively fast flowering strain.. her yields don't seem that large and she is a very tough plant to keep happy i'm finding. this is likely why only the most demanding growers would keep her in their garden.

N

New Grower

Great grow SEEDYNONO!

I had a pleasurable experience with DP Flo and I want to grow this strain again..

This strain usually has 2 quite different phenos:

http://www.weedfarmer.com/pictures/v/Collector/

This strain can stretch a lot when you turn to 12/12.

The Flo is a full thai lookin' plant with a shorter flowering period (I harvested around 45-50 days with great potency) but you can let it flower to 70 days for the amazing results!

I highly recommend this strain however not the highest yielder.

Peace!

NG