What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 Different Diesels; 2 Different Ways (Sour Diesel IBL and Strawberry Diesel)

i got rez's sour diesel ibl and strawberry diesel goin on here. growing 'em two different ways tho.

grow style 1: i took five seeds of each strain and have been vegging them for about 18 days now: 24/0 under 160 watts of t12s. the sd ibl started stinking about 12 days into veg :yoinks: the strawberry diesel hasnt put off much of a stink yet.

the plants on the right side (2 furthest right on the top row and 3 furthest right on the bottom row) of the above pic are the strawberry diesel.

the other five are sd ibls. basically the strawberry diesel are the larger plants in the pic.

grow style 2: i took the remaining 5 seeds of each strain and put them straight into 12/12 from seed. i've been wanting to try this style of growing for some time now. i'm hoping the sativa in both plants will create some interesting results. plus, i grow in a cab and dont exactly have the height to work with that some people do. these will be used of some seed making too. they've been on 12/12 for about 20 days right now. 2/5 strawberry diesels have shown female, and 1/5 has showed male. the rest have not sexed yet. they are under ~400 watts of t8 flouros, btw. the don't stink anywhere near as bad as the ones under the 24/0 lighting. :chin:

here they are. sd ibls on the left and strawberry diesels on the right.

you might be able to make out the balls on the strawberry male in this pic. whether the camera catches them or not, they are definitely there.:

:wave:

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
very nice man... ive got the ibl, but trying my best to get the strawberry dee... i will be looking for some updates

thanks for poppin in umphrey. i'd jump on those strawberry d's when you can. they've got that "hybrid vigor" workin for em....veggin very quickly. :yummy:

A bit of an update on the 12/12 from seed grow:

here's the 3 female strawberry diesels i had out of 5 seeds in the their final homes. those are 4 gallon containers filled with an organic soil mix of pro mix, blood meal, bone meal, greensand, wormcastings, and lime of course.

as far as the sd ibls on 12/12 from seed go, i've had two confirmed males and two confirmed females. one has still not shown sex, but i expect it to be a female since males generally show first during these kinds of grows.

thats basically it for now. the 10 diesels under 24/0 are still coming along... nothing really to see though. i'm gonna veg them for another 2 weeks then take cuts and flower them.

cheers :canabis:

quick update./

heres the cab packed full. you can see the single cola style plants are all the ones grown 12/12 from seed. i ended up with 3 females from each strain. i lst'ed all the ones that had ~4 weeks of actual 24/0 veg time. both strains responded very well to the lsting, the strawberry especially. all lst'ed bushes are sexing right now. as of now, i've got 4 STD females and 1 STD male :woohoo: making a total of 7 females from the pack...not bad at all!!! the sour d's are all still taking their sweet time to show sex.

heres one of the 12/12 from seed strawberry diesels. it's hard to say exactly, but she's about 3 weeks from when she showed sex. trichs are forming nicely. she's nice and compact, the other two stretched quite a bit. hope they fill in well.

another shot of the 12/12 from seed plants. you can see i had to knock over the strawberry diesel female cuz she stretched to lights. it looks like i may have to do the same for the sour d behind her.

thats all for now

:wave:

Very nice, clean setup. what kinda soil are you using? Also is that dayton blower an intake??

Look forward to seeing how the 400w flouro buds come out compared to hps... Looking pretty good so far.

thanks for the comments guys,

hunt4hazez, the soil is an organic mix (promix, blood meal, bone meal, greensand, wormcastings, and lime) i don't have a dayton in there....i've got a vortex outside the cab pulling air through a passive intake on bottom. the yellow stanley blower in the cab is for general air circulation.

Woops i said dayton, i meant stanley yeah... the stanley would make a good intake in combination with carbon scrubber/vortex, Do those passive intakes on the bottom let smell drift? or does it stay odor free?

Hunt4Hazez said:
Woops i said dayton, i meant stanley yeah... the stanley would make a good intake in combination with carbon scrubber/vortex, Do those passive intakes on the bottom let smell drift? or does it stay odor free?

the vortex pull so hard through the passive intake, it pulls the door of the cab shut too. it's hard to tell if smell escapes, my vaportek 4000 keeps the smells under control 100%!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
nice grow, i'm interested...

seems like the plants responded quite well to 12/12 from seed. how tall are they now?

onthatlevel said:
the vortex pull so hard through the passive intake, it pulls the door of the cab shut too. it's hard to tell if smell escapes, my vaportek 4000 keeps the smells under control 100%!

Is the vaportec outside the cab in a sealed room or is it in there with the cab? Where do you buy those things?

Do you have a Cscrubber as well, or does the VT do the job?

litteringand... - i got mine from seedbay. rez says to expect a new release of em in the next week i think!

Shhhh - concerning the 12/12 from seed plants in the cab, the shortest is a strawberry d at about 15 inches. and the tallest is also a strawberry d that would probably be about 24 inches if i hadn't knocked the top over since it was hitting the lights....

Hunt4Hazes - the vaportec is in an unsealed room sitting outside the cab. i got mine from alternative garden supply, but there is a thread on icmag that contains cheaper sources.. my carbon scrubber is sitting in my closet, i dont need it with the vaportec.

some pics:

stretchy tall strawberry d:

lst'd strawberry d tops:

short compact strawberry d:

and the whole jungle:

:woohoo:

REZDOG

Veteran
. .

SWEEEET! :smile:
Nice thread,man!

9571DSCN0894.JPG

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
looking great my friend. oh and i actually got a pack of SD :woohoo:

your plants are looking marvelous my friend. keep it up, ill be waiting for some nice updates. :joint:

REZDOG - thanks for poppin in the thread! great genetics, man. the stank these babies put off is truly awesome!! my scrubber and vaportek are workin hard to keep up.

umphrey - congrats on gettin the strawberry d! the way seedbay was gettin hit when they went up, i'd consider yourself lucky.

exactlywatt - thanks man. the strawberry d look beautiful pretty quick, they wont be boring for long. your gonzos lookin sweet, too!!

several new pics of 12/12 from seed plants:

more of the short compact strawberry d (i cant get enough of it...its so pretty :sasmokin: ). the smell this one puts off is a very sweet berry smell. it has very slight funky undertones.

heres all 3 12/12 from seed strawberry d's:

stretchier pheno: i had to break over the main stalk on this one and tie her down. her smell seems to be a pretty even smell of diesel/sweet berry.

heres one sour disel ibl 12/12 from seed plant. this girl took about 4 weeks to sex under 12/12 from seed. she stretched a bit too much for my space, so i had to break her and tie her down as well. stinky funk comin off this one! she's obviously gonna take a bit longer than the strawberry to finish, but all i got is time. :woohoo:

thats it for now. they're all gettin a drink of some molasses and liquid seaweed now though. later

lil update.

:woohoo:

i plan on letting the 12/12 straw deez go until the first week of january, then it'll be chop time. i picked up a 30x jewelers loupe, so i'll be checkin them often. i can't wait....the anticipation is killing....they smell absolutely delicious!!!!

:yummy:

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
and the look absolutely delicious as well... looking beautiful thus far.
yeah i was pretty excited when i saw that i had actually won it myself, once i get some equipment in its game time :chin:

ill be checking back for more updates, to see these beautiful girls finish off. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts