What's new

super crazy insane bho extraction with pics

jimbob420

ok so in response to some questions I am posting this explanation...

started with oz of high quality buds stuffed into turkey baster very tightly and then capped at the big end with 2 unbleached coffee filters and a mesh screen from a coffee filter basket(prob unnessecary) secured with zip ties. I use vector tane and use a whole 320 fl oz can per 2 tubes...extraction is done OUTSIDE!!!! Then while it is still liquid I take a rubbermaid tub with the hottest tap water I can get outside and set the extraction dish into this tub...this causes the mix to boil like mad and turns it all into a fine film of bubbles and goo. At this point I take the dish inside and set it into the plugged up sink filled with fresh hot tap water for about 3 min and then take out and start scrapin bubbles and all. If u are careful and smart u can not lose any on your fingers or top of the razor blade. then I set the scrapings into a smaller dish(corning ware) and set that into the sink like before until it is warm enough that it can be stirred easily...stir it up, no more bubbles, set into hot water again, more bubbles, stir, no more bubbles, set in water,....you get the point. Eventually it will be a solid.....good luck!!!

:yummy:

ps. time from start to finish 53 minutes

Last edited:
G

wow just did some BHO, so sticky it's impossible to smoke! Good Idea.
MOD

jimbob420

why not? I dont have a TIpad so I just use a screen and the fully dry stuff is nice cause I dont lose any from it sticking to everything. It still retains all the taste in my opinion and if it is a solid again it is so much more like just really really fine kif or pure gland heads that I just wonder what that last bit of stuff that is in there is. it also lightens up like crazy when it gets dry this stuff is white although the pic makes it look yellow because of the bad lighting. so now that I have spewed my thoughts why do you like it as more of an oil? Dont you think that it must have something left in it? and I know I have said this before and I think you reaffirmed this for me HMK but I imagine the oil must be easier to use with the tipad than the more solid type stuff. let me know what u think

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i dont agree on the taste quotient... i guess we have a different opinion on that...i think the oil form retains its terpenes more fully. the dry form evaporates drier and drier. not butane, but terpenes. its not as tasty if i vaporize the buddered up stuff as opposed to when its prebuddered, imo. the buddered stuff is smoother ... BUT, thats because there is less terpene quantity. many terpenes arent smooth. also over long term, that stuff will keep losing terpenes at a much more dramatic rate than the glass like super hard oil. gotta keep it sealed up in a small container with no airspace or sumthin, to avoid that. might work good.

Last edited:

jimbob420

so hmk when exactly do u stop purging? I used to get the hard glass like oil but it was always so hard to handle flying everywhere when u try and break off a piece. I could defently see the taste being better for the more glass like stuff, maybe I will just make some of both and do a blind taste test with some subjects *muh hahaha* anyway how do u purge hmk?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i do a hot water bath(tap hot) to get rid of the liquid butane, then i take it inside and put it on the stove to keep it hot for about a half hour or so depending on the amount of oil i think i have. i turn the element on a couple times, just to maintain the heat of the hot water bath to be very hot( almost boiling,very close). also i have found very good for effective purging is to cover the pyrex pie plate with a lid. i have a glass dish which fits well, and then the oil gets and remains much hotter on its surface, as well as underneath. huge difference like this i have found, much better/faster, i think. i remove it occasionally and check the oil out, not sure if its needed to remove often to allow the gas to escape, i kind of doubt it. also, i heat treat from above with a butane torch to pop any butane bubbles... and generally just overall lightly warm the whole surface too. maybe 2 or three times is all thats needed. depends on how much oil you have. more oil has more flaming bubbles. 10 minutes a gram of extract produced seems adequate, for a few grams. if you do lots of oil i would recommend only about 5 grams a plate for full purges achieved with this method. then i scrape it up and its good to vape. bubbles that dont flame, arent butane.

i scrape it up when it warm, its easy then, and put it in a container. when i go to scoop a toke, i hold it over the heat to warm the surface gently, then i can scoop any size toke i want. from tiny to massive, but easily adjustable because of the softened oil surface. i know exactly how big the hit is relative to my regular toke size, and its always the same density too. budder isnt i dont think.

jimbob420

It seems to me that the biggest difference is the use of the flame from the top to pop the bubbles...I have made it like glass before and now when I think about it twas when I used to do the same thing with the torch. I wonder if using the torch on it makes the gland heads pop or melt or something? have u looked at that stuff under a scope and if so what does it look like? I cant get a pic but the buddered shit looks like just a ton of gland heads smushed together. It is pretty easy to regulate the size of a hit because I eventually just chop it into a very fine powder and just scoop out a tiny amount with this little spoon or exato blade.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
the torch from the top is no big deal., it can be not done even, especially if there is not much oil(2 grams or less). many pop them with a pin, fearing thc degradation from the torch, but thats not happening usually. you would have to take the torch and hold the flame directly on the oil without moving it for at a least a second or 2 to harm the oils integrity.
you dont have to have the torch flame touch the oil at all tho, to pop all the bubbles easily.

Mercer

nice post jimbob
gonna have to try that method on the next batch of oil I produce which will be from bubba kush

how much would you say you yielded from the oz in the baster?

Peace

jimbob420

somewhere between 4 and 4.5 grams...hard to tell since I always lose some during the process due to tasting...I dont think the torch degrades the oil but if u dont use it do u still get the glass hard stuff? I cant figure out what it could be besides more heat that would make stay hard like that? Any ideas? And I would never say that it has been downgraded just changed forms and is still kickass good. hell I even clean out the bubbler when it gets to coated with gunk and smoke that shit. I never smoke anything but pure oil out of the thing so if u just clean with ISO and evap it the oil stays black but it sure still messes u up

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Oil always seemed like it'd be too messy for me, but this stuff looks great. Is it just the continuous heating and whipping of the oil that turns it into a solid in the end? I know hashmasta kut said that means less flavor, but this is one more way to do it. Seems like it'd be easier storage and retrieval too. Either way, that's the best looking bho extract I've seen.

jimbob420

yep constant low heat and the whipping helps speed up the process...its also works best with whole buds though it can be done with ground up stuff it just wont come out as lightly colored

Greens

Very nice looking buddered BHO, jimbob!

That stuff works just great on the titanium pad vape as well. I usually budder up my BHO these days too mostly because it makes it smoother. I think it helps get residual butane out as well because it can escape into the tiny air bubbles and then evaporate when the bubbles dry up. As for the taste, well, maybe the taste is a slightly less, but it's nothing major unless you let the stuff sit for weeks before toking it. I think it slightly changes the taste too. However, I think that the hard glass oil keeps better for a long period, that's for sure.

SuperZero

I tried securing my coffee filter using a zip tie last night after seeing you used them, and it didn't hold and I got a dish full of butane and trim.
Just thought I'd put that out before someone else has this problem.
Also it was packed pretty tightly, but most of the butane was thru(only abou 5% left in can) before it blewout.

*POOOF!* me> "Okay I'm still here, WTF just happened.Okay ziptie blowout. I need some new shorts."

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
jimbob420 said:
somewhere between 4 and 4.5 grams...hard to tell since I always lose some during the process due to tasting...I dont think the torch degrades the oil but if u dont use it do u still get the glass hard stuff? I cant figure out what it could be besides more heat that would make stay hard like that? Any ideas? And I would never say that it has been downgraded just changed forms and is still kickass good. hell I even clean out the bubbler when it gets to coated with gunk and smoke that shit. I never smoke anything but pure oil out of the thing so if u just clean with ISO and evap it the oil stays black but it sure still messes u up

if i dont use the torch i still get the glass hard stuff, yes of course. it does very little to the oil with my gentle application.

actually if you apply too much heat, the oil will go permanently softer, never to glass up again.

Xtbudda

dat sux Superzero. I use a coffee filter and black electric tape, works perfect. Of all the years, only one blowout and it was because i packed it too tight.

The one thing i noticed when i purge mine, if i heat it and then shake the hell out of it, it seems to break it down faster for some reason. I also get lazy and put in a glass vial and just put a lighter to it.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
SuperZero said:
I tried securing my coffee filter using a zip tie last night after seeing you used them, and it didn't hold and I got a dish full of butane and trim.
Just thought I'd put that out before someone else has this problem.
Also it was packed pretty tightly, but most of the butane was thru(only abou 5% left in can) before it blewout.

*POOOF!* me> "Okay I'm still here, WTF just happened.Okay ziptie blowout. I need some new shorts."

weakling or what? i broke a zip tie trying to put it on too tight the other day. i have done it about 40 times with zap straps, and its been better than hose clamps for me. 0 leakage. my glass tube has a strap lip tho..

Latest posts

Latest posts