What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Train Wreck

MadCow

This is a clone only, no pure seeds at any banks at least that Im aware of. California would be a good place to find a clone though.

berbes

www. meduser . ca

CMEMORY!

register and tell them berbes sent you please? it's a contest.

enjoy the bud. it has it's own place in the healing of various pains...different. i'm not explaining it right...i'm sure someone else will come along to do better. enjy the site. it's a good one

G

wreck is clone only originally, altho a few folks have done some crosses. I've heard good and bad about medusers wreck.

Best way to get it is to make friends and hope and pray and keep your fingers crossed.

The arcata cut.........

1846trainwreck.jpg

1846trainwreck1.jpg

1846trainwreck2-med.jpg

Last edited:

leroymmj

There is also a thread over at TreatingYourself.com all about Trainwreck. I've grown both and the Meduser Trainwreck is very good and strong but the Arcata clone of Trainwreck just has that something special about it that's hard to describe accurately.

T

THCV

Trainwreck is a great strain. Smells super strong like no other, a little tricky to grow since it grows like a vine. I have the Arcata cut, but if I didn't I would check out Reeferman's Major Wreck, which is supposed to be really close, according to reef.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
tw= mexi/thai/afghani? any1 know the lineage i can look it up just too lazy :)

i loved Dr. Jay's description of the flavor (which taste and smell are almost identical, always a good sign of quality for me)
heres what Dr. Jay, God bless him, had to say "mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon flavored gasoline" :D
i will never forget that description as long as i live! its so on point too :canabis: exactly on point!

very good weed to smoke and very addicting. i cant wait to find a cut of her!

G

Yea I'm pretty sure thats the lineage from the reading I have done. I agree with the taste being menthol lemon pledge and the smell is quite pungent. I love trainwreck even though I have only smoked it a few times. The high is super heady with a little bit of body to it.

G

Have smoked alot of the Arcata Cut. The Dead whale discription is great. quite well put. A good friend of mine happen to come arcross a seed in a couple of oz. and we are currently growing it out to see what we have found. If it is a fem seed of the Cut or a cross. and if a Cross no one is sure what could be.

G

ethereal said:
i loved Dr. Jay's description of the flavor (which taste and smell are almost identical, always a good sign of quality for me)
heres what Dr. Jay, God bless him, had to say "mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon flavored gasoline" :D
i will never forget that description as long as i live! its so on point too :canabis: exactly on point!
I totally agree, I loved the wreak before but having Dr. Jay describe it made me even more addictted :joint: He will be missed :badday:

leroymmj

The med effect is outstanding. One of the best day-time strains there is. Can be harvested anytime from FD 42 to day 55, depending on the effect you want. No cannabinoids. I took a male Tuck's cut/meduser-woodhorse seeds/Vanwreck, which is a Trainwreck back-crossed with an Afghani to produce seeds and I pollinated an Arcata cut, grew the seeds out and took a male from that and crossed to the Arcata cut again. Thus making 7/8's Trainwreck in seed form. Just an experiment to see what happens when the Afghani is dilluted out of the T.W.

growmatic

The arcata cut is where it's at. I've smoked a few S1's but IMO, they don't match up to the original in the smell/flavor department. It's a great sativa--good daytime medicine--keeps you very active. In some circumstances it's great breeding stock--it grows very vigorously and in my experience, is very disease resistant. But that's just my :2cents:.

leroymmj

That is a beautiful pic of an amazing plant Growmatic. T.W. is about the only strain I've ever seen that is grey in color.

G

leroymmj said:
That is a beautiful pic of an amazing plant Growmatic. T.W. is about the only strain I've ever seen that is grey in color.

not really grey, she is green till you put her in flower, wherupon almost immediately she starts pumping out resin like you have never seen. I'm talking like the 3rd -5th day of 12/12.

I always let mine go at least 60 dayz till harvest. You really want something special and you have the patience let her go 70.

T

THCV

leroymmj said:
Can be harvested anytime from FD 42 to day 55, depending on the effect you want. No cannabinoids.

I do 60 days too, like oldP, but mainly because that is when i harvest everything. I might try earlier--but why do people think it "blows out" beyond 55? I'd love to hear the theory there.

And what do you mean by "no cannabinoids"? Are you out of your mind??
:yoinks:

growmatic

THCV said:
I do 60 days too, like oldP, but mainly because that is when i harvest everything. I might try earlier--but why do people think it "blows out" beyond 55? I'd love to hear the theory there.

I like mine around 60 days as well but without a doubt you can harvest earlier. I had a friend who had a "little" security problem at around day 45 and had to pull an entire room of the T Dub--the smoke was VERY heady, rivaling some the best hazes I've ever smoked (I wouldn't smoke it if I had heart problems). Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how Dr. Jay liked his. The yield you sacrafice isn't too significant as TW isn't exactly a mega-yeilder--but I've had friends that have pimped this strain and can pull an elbow off of four plants in the right conditions.

On the whole color thing, I'm sure the trich content has a little to do with the grey-ish color, but 'dem calyxes are not your typical green-bud color.

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
Man would I love to get some of that^^^..nice buds growmatic..one day..scrappy

Diego

for the closest thing available it looks like from seedbay or seedboutique or reefermanseeds would be either the Casey Jones from Head seeds

http://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=82&products_id=1050

major wreck
from reeferman seeds would probably be the closest bet

or trying somethign I havent looked into really would be the deep wreck by that new breeder on seedbay richard williams.

Just pick out the sweet skunky smelling ones with what I call the claw leafs and a grey color kinda. Its hard to miss. Stinks alot and gets nice filled nugs. from the phenos Ive liked. There is a million trainwrecks in california it seems soemtimes. from thinned out plants to denser plants all usually different and similar looking at the same time. I know that doesnt make sense really but the better ones carry that strong undeniable stench that only real close to the real deal trainwreck has. I have smoked quite a few diff versions and all are pretty good. Kinda has a fueld out durban taste with a little less sweetness and a little more skunky fuelness.

Last edited:

leroymmj

Well, maybe I got my terms mixed-up. What I meant is that T.W. has very little CBN = cannabidiol. It's the precurser that regulates the effects of the THC. In other words, it's a real up effect with little couch-lock if taken at day 42-49. I've let some go longer and they buds lose their tightness and get fluffier and throws out a nanner or two.
Beserker is the guy who discovered/bred Trainwreck. Steve Tuck is the guy that crossed it with an Afghani to produce a seed-line/woodhorse/meduser Trainwreck.
I cut and pasted this from weedtracker.com

The arcada cut of train wreck gets it name because it was grown, for the first time, on a hillside, that just so happened to have a train wreck happen in the same area that summer, so the guys pulled it early, at around 50-55 days, because they didnt want the grow to be found by the crews doing clean up on the wreck. But what they found out was that the shit was finished, which really shock these guys since it was supposed to be a sat Dom plant. This is the story that I have been told more then once from some very close people to me, that have lived in the Arcada, Ca. area since the 60's, so this is the story that I tend to believe. Now the story about it taking 9 months to mature from seed is total BS and I've also been told that the story about it starting in SD is also BS, the OG train wreck cut came from Arcada all the rest are crosses made from it, or just BS claims. Thats just the info I have gotten form the area.
As per oledad420 on icmag forums

Trainwreck

A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.

After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years.

This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica)
As per texas Kid icmag forum

Train Wreck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of all the strains called "medical" there is, in my mind, no better nor stronger strain than Train Wreck.

Train Wreck is an old hybrid (1970's) from Humbodlt of lowland Thai, Mexican Sativa, and a very solid and potent Afghani.

Train Wreck (TW) is particularly good for the treatment of migraine, pain, and nausea.

While TW is thought to be a Sativa dominant (and looks like it) it's actually got quite a bit of Afghan in it making this an extremely potent hybrid. I'm guessing our TW is probably a 65/35 Sativa/Indica.

There are a few true TW seeds around but don't expect to find them. If you did you'd be real surprised that this 42 flower strain from clone is 9 months when grown from seed. This is because in Train Wreck the gene that controls flowering is time from germination.

You can see that Wreck is almost vine like with fine Sativa like leaves. Resin production begins almost immediately in flower and can cover the entire plant in frost.

One of the striking things about Wreck is the color. It's not really green at all. Here's some of my popcorn nuggies taken from a small plant at day 42.

Train Wreck is an excellent strain for SCROG. Here's some Humboldt Wreck harvested at 42 days following an indoor Odro grow.

Some caution about Train Wreck....This strain is a creeper, especially when fresh. You take one toke and it takes a good 5 minutes before you find yourself toasted. Some make the mistake of toking while they're waiting for that first toke and find themselves truly stoned. Heck, my wife smoked Wreck by mistake and got lost in the pool :)

Cured for 3-4 weeks, TW loses some of the "creeper" quality and becomes rock hard nuggies that are stronger than most hash.

Finally, the taste is of a mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon gasoline.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Pics are in the Med thread

Texas Kid's post

=====

Here is some more stuff I had

Comments on Trainwreck from Meduser : A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani. After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years. This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica)

Comments on Trainwreck from Mojojojo : TW is basically a Thai low land sativa that got into the mix up here back in the early 80’s. Out doors it’s a huge “weeper creeper” that takes up TONS of space and takes 9 months to come in. It’s original parents were brought back from Thailand by some vagabond-os wanting to reproduce Thai-stick phenotype. For how the plant looks when grown FROM SEED – or just left to grow – see Clark’s MB pg. 177 “Creeper phenotype” The main problem with the ‘elusive’ TW seeds – is they really aren’t that elusive – its just that the strain (originally – real deal) uses the pair of genes that are “length of time from germination” sensitive. These run the veg time out for almost a full 9 months. Once these genes are ‘satisfied’ then TW blooms really fast (42 days done). In fact if left longer – it tends to just “blow out” and never makes tight again.

Comments on Trainwreck from Beserker :
a.) it was NOT row e-32 it was thirty second rotation - sub type "E" = e-32
b.) that cross was "Mostly" LowLand Thai x Mexican Sativa (dirty mex brick weed) ... that some how (stuipd new-be) got into the mix ... and X with standered Indca dom strain of the late 70's early 80's era that was (and is) the staple of out door in much of the P.NW then and now.
c.) the plant NEVER really seemed to come in - did NOT purple even when it was left in (for what seemed for ever) - it DID get a light BLUSH of mauve!
d.) when we did finally cut it (in the sleating rains of a late year = not even worth going back for was the argument - short hike but like why bother for that huge creeper like THING that didn't have any bud on it last time we looked) -- well we ended up going down the hill - and found SOME AIR BUD on it - long fethery branchs. + had seeded a bottom branch PER: SOP of anything "weird' - or GREAT!
e.) then once we got it up and dried the damn thing - and 'tested it' = WOW .. end of story ..
f.) e-32 (what is now called TW) became ledgen - in 82 there was NOTHING comprable.
g.) so that's that -- the seeds were pretty much stable from that X - and over the years we weeded out the Broad leaf tendencies ...
--- yeild IS low = its comes in consistantly
w/o Co2 at about 80% of a LB per 1000y
w/ Co2 at about 110-120% of a LB per 1000y
out doors well how big are the plants (chuckle) BUT it tends to hold CLOSE to the 21.3 grams per Sq Ft vs. the 31.95 to 46.2 grams per Sq Ft in full sun of any of the broad leaf phynotypes. and color = yup its GREY NOT GREEN! because of the crystals - which are ALL OVER THE PLANT from bottom of the stem to the tippy tops! You know its wreck if: Every time you look at it you wonder if its got MITES - and when you look closer you see its JUST the grey of the KRYSTAL looking like mite webs! your arm hairs are sticky and you don't remember touching anything in the room ... it SMELLS of MINT - or menthol ...the TINY buds at the base of the stem are CRYSTALLY TOO -- just like the tops - and when they are dry they are total KRYSTAL = snow white ... and you find your self going "wow this is better looking then the tops! If your checking the SIZE of your ONE hit - not how MANY hits you can take before total couch lock ...Then - that's the wreck!

Tex

More from Texas Kid

Last edited: