What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~**SourBubble**~ BUDDING Outdoors!!!!

Marcellas

Veteran
Since my plant is budding now and looking more amazing than ever, I decided to continue with a new thread from this one >> http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=30031

One little tiny seed, sprouts from the soil and shows its first leaves on 4-20-2006.. It started off as a fling, a grow for fun. BOG had sent me the seeds, Sour Bubble bx3 months back before he left us- I knew from smoking his personally grown product that these genetics couldn't be compared with any other!!! BOG has pretty much tought me how to grow and provided me with the genetics and info to do so- thanks dude!! :D
She started off in my ghetto grow-box under a few CFLs. I really neglected becasue I knew I didn't have the recources or security to harvest a plant, so the first couple months of growing were really slow and almost hopeless.. I than had her in my windowsill for awhile and switched her between there and the side of my house- all the time where she was living in a little rootbound pot!!

She was a real fighter, and I don't know how she survived.. But one day I finally got off my ass and my SourBubble got the big transplant to the outdoors!! I dug a huge hole in the ground and filled it with a soil/nute mix i had sitting similar to BOG's mix - lots of light potting soil, added perlite, and equal ammounts of blood and bone meal, as well as some worm castings..
.... She finally got moved outdoors at about 43degrees NORTH in late July, about 3 months since the plant sprouted. She took off immediatly!!! Within a few weeks she had exploded in size, and really started to look healthy and green, with those HUGE bushy indica leaves that SourBubble is known for!! :woohoo:
After a few weeks being outside, somewhere in mid-AUGUST, it was confirmed that my SourBubbleBX3 plant was a girl for sure!!

... I found out that a few people I know have discovered my plants location, but hopefully she'll remain untouched til harvest.. :fsu:
From then til now, the plant has stopped stretching and bushing out, and hairs began developing at the budsites.. These hairs have since been developing into some amazing buds, packing on with chrystals every time I see her!! As the nuggets on my girl have been increasing in size and potency, I can really tell the crazy capabilities BOGs SourBubble has!! Some buds are turning some crazy colors too, I can't wait!! :D

She has only been watered a few times when needed. The only other nutes I ever gave her besides the soil/nute mix she's sitting in, was an unknown nutrient that was almost sandlike and aqua-green colored, which I mixed in with the water a couple times before flowering..
... Here's some pics of my SourBubbleBX3 from almost 3 weeks ago, about 2 weeks since she started budding:

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
fucking SHIT, I posted a long ass thread on here with my NEW Sour Bubble pics and I get an internet-error after clicking submit. What the fuck this is the 3rd time this happened to me after posting a long ass thread and losing it all. Fuck

B

buzzed day

looks good,i hope to go outside to one day big time prob.in 4 or so years lol

Marcellas

Veteran
thanks guys.. icmag was down at my house all day for some reason. but the new pics are in my gallery!! since u guys are showing interest in this thread, ill post an update tommorow w/ the new SourBubble pics :D

acidfire

Looking good sofar! :yummy:
Hopefully you will end up with some great smoke after all this.

btw watch out for bud rot in the last few weeks.

Marcellas

Veteran
:)

:)

Hey guys, sorry I've held up on updates but I'm gonna go out and get new pics sometime tommorow. It's been almost since I took the newest pics in my gallery.. We've finally had a few days of SUN, which is good and I hope the buds are exploding!! :woohoo:

Sunlight has been decreasing every day and it has been getting alot colder as my SourBubble is in almost 5 WEEKS budding!! We also go some rain this week as usual.. The first frost is definatly near which means Indian Summer should start anytime- a week or 2 of warm, usually sunny weather before frost. I haven't watered her in weeks and only have a few times since she's been outside.. I checked a week ago the buds has built-up alot and are getting COVERED in chrystals!! :D

So I'm thinking the harvest date on my SourBubble Bx3 might be Friday the 13th (8/13/06), when she'll be about 8 weeks into flowering!! BOG's reccomended budding time for this strain was about 56 days I think so that'll be good. Hopefully she'll survive the any plant-rippers that know of her location and I'll have a nice stash of some BOMB stinky chrystal-infested buds!! More updates and pics tommorow.. :dueling:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Looking very nice and frosty Marcellas looks like you will be in for a treat come harvest time.
Sour Bubble is a strain I had my eye on for ages but never got around to ordering any beans. Should have got them while I had the chance.

I've heard nothing but good about Bogs strains and I've grown his Bogbubble which was excellent.

Bog really is the man.

Marcellas

Veteran
5 weeks into budding now.. (PICS)

5 weeks into budding now.. (PICS)

Gangabiss said:
Looking very nice and frosty Marcellas looks like you will be in for a treat come harvest time.
Sour Bubble is a strain I had my eye on for ages but never got around to ordering any beans. Should have got them while I had the chance.

I've heard nothing but good about Bogs strains and I've grown his Bogbubble which was excellent.

Bog really is the man.

Thanks Gangabiss, the buds really are packing on some frost! This is the last plant I'll ever have from seed because I lost my last few, and all I have left is one SourBubble Bx3 clone besides my big budding girl. But I hope that my clone will be my mother plant for clones next season!! :)
.. BOG's strains truly are amazing genetics

Went out and snapped some pics today.. At over 5 WEEKS in flowering, my SourBubble girl is really packing on some buds that are sugar-coated in chrystals!! :woohoo:

As the plant is getting bigger as a whole, the buds are really starting to pack on some weight and they're loaded with resin all over!! The days are getting shorter and colder, and it has been raining good every week.. We had a few sunny days this week but its still cold. Some lower leaves are turning yellow, probably because the buds are using up the nitrogen.. But the SourBubble is really coming along great and the buds look and smell amazing!!

Here's a few shots of the bottom part of the plant_

A few from the top_ :woohoo:

Macros!!!!!

So my SourBubble bx3 girl is looking good for over 5 weeks into budding!! I plan on cutting her down in less than 3 weeks.. I hope she makes it!! Do you guys have any advice? What are your guesses on yield?? I'm guessing somewhere between 8-11grams, which I'd be happy with.. The smoke is gonna be BOMB, I can't wait!!! :yummy:

G

Yeah Marcellas, amazing genetics and easy to grow. :wave: I switched to BOG genetics several years ago and only occasionally have have grown other strains lately. :yummy:

Sour Bubble BX3

G

Yo Stoned

Yo Stoned

Stoned2Death said:
BOG strains rock in my book. Very nice SB! :smoke:

COME ON WIT IT!! My sentiments as well :joint:
SB is a great strain!

Marcellas

Veteran
Thanks guys.. frosty aren't they??!? And they smell fuckin great!! :D
The buds are really dense for the ammount of sunlight and nutes they are getting.. Only about 3 more weeks to go! What do you guys think my final yield will be? Do you think 3 weeks is a good time to harvest??

I'm hoping I get at least 10grams.. The smoke is gonna be amazing out of my new glass bong and some ice!! I can't fuckin wait! :woohoo:
Wish me luck..

Last edited:
Looks great! I'd say get yourself one of those $10 radioshack miniature microscopes that do 60x-100x and check out your trichomes off some sample leaves. Might help you decide in 3 weeks if you want to pull it yet or not, either way you're bound for a good time! Out of a clean iced-up bong? Delicious! :joint: Oh and from what I can see anyway, 10 grams seems like you won't have much problem. Probably a good estimate.

You're making me really wish that strain was still available!

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
So SourBubbleBX3 seeds are gone for good?? Thats fucked up, I wish I could only talk to BOG.. I lost my last few seeds a couple months ago. The only chance I have of ever working with BOG's strains again are in my only SourBubble clone, which rooted a couple weeks ago and I think is re-budding in my windowsill.

Thanks personal meds, the glass bong has been doing great since theres been some nice bud coming arround!! I have a 8x microscope but its not cutting it, so I'll look into those radioshack ones.. I'd be very happy with 10grams :)
... But anymore than 3 weeks on my SB girl outside, and she'll either have the buds picked from her or be frozen by than. I'm at 43N and the first frost is coming soon.. I hope I have some SourBubble to smoke, it will be fucking bomb!! :yummy:

Last edited:
Well maybe you'll get a banana and find a seed or two if you're lucky :D and yeah the radioshack one is 63-1313 i think in the catalog, only $9.99, works good but takes a little getting used to.

Nice pics as always, drool-worthy. I love the sour strains, sour diesel is one of my favorite ever and i've never gotten a chance to try sourbubble, or any of bog's genetics for that matter. You'll have some nice smoke for sure I imagine! How about some pics of the new bong too, mate? :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts