What's new

Sam Skunkman ** Original Haze X Skunk#1**

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
First thing I'm going to say is that this shit is for real ladies and gents!!
I have no idea why more people do not give his gear a try..I grew his whole line my last grow but will be focusing on the Haze x Skunk in this report...

I would also like to add that this is nothing like the indica dominant Haze/Skunk I have from '94 Dutch Passion stock..
This stuff is sativa all the way with absolutely no Skunk#1 or indica present in appearance or high....Trichomes really got thick towards the end of flower but very little present on the bract leaves..
You can taste Haze in the bud when smoked but only as an undertone...The dominant odor is more of a sweet/spiciness with slight Haze and slight fruit undertones...It is present,thats a fact just nothing like a Neville's Haze or Super Silver Haze..
The high is crystal clear and one of the only really clear highs I have enjoyed..I guess you don't have to question wether you are high cause you know you are high as a kite and soaring!!Did I mention I love this herb!!
It's nice to grow out a pack of sativa and actually find a keeper!Seems to be getting harder and harder these days...I'm really impressed with this hybrid and highly reccommend it to anyone looking for a really nice sativa!!

Flowering period is a little long at 12-14 weeks(90+ days)but well worth the wait and I would not hesitate to grow it again,thats a fact...I kept clones of this killer specimen,loads of trichs,wonderful unique odor and flavor!!

Did I mention I love this stuff!! :woohoo:

I had 1 that developed a flower at the top of each main bud and ended up tossing a few long winded plants but just because of the standout that had already shown it's wonderful traits early-on..Decision was made,mother plant put in the proper room and most other stuff tossed.....

Ceiling seems non existant so far but i have not made a hard run at it until it has a little time to sit and mellow..It is a little wirey,trippy at higher doses...

More to come as smoke test are run...

I also remember DG running a killer deal on these over at Seedbay!!Might want to check under Sam Skunkman(Cultivators Choice) and see if there are more there for buy now bidding....
You can't go wrong if looking for a solid sativa....

Take care...................CC

Last edited:
C

Chamba

Isn't it great to grow out a new strain and be happy with it!..esp the long flowering ones that take twice as long as the quicky Dutchies!

"I had 1 that developed a flower at the top of each main bud"

do you mean a male flower?

"and ended up tossing a few long winded plants"

not before letting them fully mature and smoke testing I hope!....it's been my experience that a majority of the longer flowering sativas have a better high than the shorter flowering plants from the same packet or seeded plant......esp if you are looking for a sativa high

..next time around perhaps you could let one or two clones flower for a week or two or more longer and you'll probably find the potency will go up an notch, the high duration will be longer and the high will still be sativa-ish and yet also have more complexity)

(btw I haven't grown this strain...but it sounds like I'm gonna have to!)

"but just because of the standout that had already shown it's wonderful traits early-on"

sometimes time or room restraints get in the way of doing the right thing..I've been there a few times! ....but if possible it's always best to take at least one clone from each in late vegging or early flowering and keep the females until the plants have been matured, cured and smoke tested or selection of the best is just a crap shoot shoot....the only real test of a plant is how much you enjoy the high from a cured bud...everything else is secondary imo...I'd rather grow a scrawny 20 weeker that has a wonderful high than an 8 week strain that yields big but has an average high that is like so many other Dutch hybrids

I remember an old tv ad for Scotch.....the buyer was umming and arrrring about which brand to buy...the shop owner wisely said " you only have two choices - the Scotch you'd rather pay for ...or...the Scotch you'd rather drink"

growing cannabis is much the same.....with the most important thing considered (the quality of the high) most of us who grow for our own pleasure would perfer to grow plants we'd rather smoke ..rather than plants that we would prefer to grow.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I love his stuff...

I love his stuff...

Nice CC!!!!! :yes:

Theres great smell and taste and potency all in the same plant, they do get kinda big but I like my girls that way...:D good report!!!!

That pic is of halfway flowering..:woohoo: Big colas..the taste is so good..

Edit: "Did I mention I love this stuff!! " Well said. :joint:

Last edited:

JACKBAYBEH

Good show Capt.!! I had a girl from a pack of Fuma Con Dios from TFD
that I was totally in love with. Did you also grow out the Thai Haze x SK1??
I've been eye balling those beans for awhile and was just curious as to the
finished product. Again, very nice grow.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Did I mention that I love this stuff? :D Got some OHxSk X g13 seeds coming...gonna share them as soon as theyre done..

G

That is some beautiful sativa/haze Sam. This i will try on my next trip to the Dam.
MOD

G

Great report. I actually got this as a freebie called amazing haze. ( Skunk no.1 x Haze) I gave away some beans but kept a few. If I put clones straight into flower, what do you think the finished height would be? I have a small grow area.

Thanks...

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Chamba,
Yes,a male flower developed...I guess it could have been my fault with a light leak or something but I doubt it seriously.

On tossing...I always keep the main plant with a few bottom branches left when I harvest a plant..Although I knew that the plants were not going to compete with the keeper...The odor really tells a story for me personally....What ever the odor of the particular strain might be I have had by far the best luck with the most odorous plants from a givin' batch..(somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-95% of the time)

Space certainly plays no part in my decisions,it doesn't come into play...If ya know what I mean...
Thanks for stopping in Chamba!!

Torc,
me too!Finally went for with the help of one special lady,thank ya mam!
Take care Torc..

Farmer John,
did I mention I love this stuff :chin: :woohoo:
I can tell the pic of your plant looks very similar to the one I kept...
Take care bro....

JACKBAYBEH,
Is the BAYBEH from Baybeh's kids??Funny shit that was....

Yes I did the Thai Haze X Skunk#1 also....More variable but killer individuals also!!!!
Take care.....

Farmer John,
Your cross should be outstanding!!!Especially considering that the Haze X Skunk#1 shows little to no Skunk#1.....

Kalistroyer,

WEhen do you plan your Dam trip??Good luck!

Pike,
Just let me know....

Kmarpa,

I would think about 3'(1 meter)...You may be able to keep it a little shorter with some thoughtful manipulation.....
Take care...............

dfa,Masterghrow,

Thanks fellas....

Take care all.....................................................CC

Grow Girl

sams golden skush

sams golden skush

i just finished his golden skush freebie, alongside bogs lifesaver, and grape punch. the skush tastes BETTER than anything ive grown yet. the mother pheno i kept, tastes just like grape bubblegum. i cant believe how good it tastes. bogs grape punch was a waste of time, but the lifesaver rocks. i crossed the skush with lifesaver, and l.a. confidential, wich by the way, is bad ass also. give sams stuff a try. anyone else heard of a grape flavor with this skush?? :sasmokin:

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Hello CC, long time bro. now my interest is peaked. I would have never guessed that these had a unlimited celing. Man that's what I'm talking about. I apreciate the enlightment and your time it took to do it. See you around bro, Smokey.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Great thread Capt.. awsome shots & buds.!!!.

Farmer J.. yours look exactly the same shit..:yes:

peas guys

Wam

G

Excellent report! I agree what you said CC :yes: and by the way, I love this stuff too :D

-BG-

THCzr

definatly some serious sativa there.... i'm a bit scared of plants like this these days , but you definatly did good work capt, look good!

THC

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Greetings from finland!

Greetings from finland!

I must say you have fantastic looking plants captain :yes: So, keep up the good work!

Im growin this same strain first time now. My baby has been in the flowermode for 43 days, and my friend(who gave me the clone) sayed, that it´s gonna take somethink like 105-120 days to finish :jawdrop:
I personally think, as a big sativa lover, that it´s worth of waiting. I have smoked this strain cultivated by my friend and i just simply love the high it gives me :yummy:

Here is a couple pics of my lady:

And the budshots:

I would be so thankful if you got some good tips for this strain!

Nice flowers once again :rasta: Sorry for my bad english...

Keep It Green & Growin
But Don´t Forget Smokin
:pimp3:

Last edited: