What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban poison, outdoor grow.

fari

Greetings all cannabis lovers :wave: ,
This year, me and a friend decided to grow some of our first own herb. We planted 2 nirvana durban poison seeds, the smaller one of the two was a male. We have made some mistakes but have only gained knowledge from them for the following years. Anyways the plant has survived up to now and isn't looking to bad either. Here are some pics:

So what you guys think? Our fear is that we are gonna get mold, the climate here is like holland. Is there anything we can do to prevent mold? And why are the bottom fan leaves yellow :confused: ? (that brown stuff that looks muddy are worm castings btw)

Bless all,

If you know there is going to be a rain, do your best to cover her up. Dont over water.

Thats a pretty big durban ya got there, and she reallllyyyy needed that transplant. she will be exploding into flower here shortly if your in the northern hemi.

As for the yellowing its either just the old fan leaves or she needs a little nitrogen. Give her a little nutes in her new home.

Last edited:

fari

H4H do you think it would be wise to remove those big yellow fan leaves? And yeah she really did need that transplant, we didn't have anything bigger so decided to put her in the ground,but now she is not portable and gets less sunlight per day. How should i cover her up? If i place something over her it will block the light, right?
I really can't wait to try this durban,we haven't used any nutes or anything else actually. Just soil,worm castings and Jah love. But my brother might have some nutes liying around that i can use, i'll check it out as long as its organic :yummy:
Love to all,
Bless

page1

if the yellow leaves dont come off when you pull them gently then they should be left alone. thats a nice looking plant, good luck with your grow friend.

fari

Hmmm i'm not shure i wanna be smoking my urine :chin:
I found some superthrive lying around, anyone recommend it? I also found some organic nuts...
Jah Bless,

Last edited:

fari

Does anybody know where i can find some smoke reports on Durban poison? Can't seem to find any...
Bless all,

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I was going to grow durban this summer but ALL the seeds I germed got moldy and died, I'll probably grow some next season with the 4 remaining beans.

As for a smoke report I havent ever seen a good one worth reading.

fari

If everything goes well i'll try to make a decent smoke report on it.
I remember trying some DP but can't seem to remeber anything of it . :confused: Maybe thats a good sign :chin:

Last edited:

Deft

Veteran
There was a little somthing in the stainguide of OG but I dont remember much about it.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Don't worry too much about the lower yellow leaves. The older ones will get that way and fall off, if they don't, no stress. Don't feed it too much nitrogen at this stage and no worm casting at all. I'm feeding my plants with a phosphate mixture of 5-30-5 twice a week with very little nute burns. Good luck on your project. :wave:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
yup, your plant for sure need some nutes. on th epic I can clearly see the yellowing fan leaves and they are not only at bottom. These leaves are very important to the plant and they should fall only close to harvest in my opinion. Give her just a bit of N, but focus mostly on P&K.

Irie !

Deft

Veteran
Janis Joplin said:
http://www.hanflexikon.de/

This should be the address for OG's strainguide.

I have had real good luck growing DP inside (hydro). The seeds were some of Gypsy's freebies. It's listed as medlium thc content, but the stuff I grew was great.
Pics?

fari

Thanks Janis Joplin, i thought it was lost forever :woohoo:

KGB47 1/5 of the soil mix consists of worm castings, think that will be any problem???

Thanks Mriko, i'll probibly starting feeding as soon as i can understand exactly what its all about :joint:

Bless

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
No problem if you started the soil with the castings, in fact it is an excellent idea to do so. Just don't add any at this stage and you'll be fine. Adjust the nitrogen and phosphates until the plant responds. You'll do fine! :joint:

fari

Ok so this is what i have found: "B'Cuzz n-p-k = 7-30-20, Atami grow and flow simulator and superthrive. Seems allright to me but how many times to i have to use these things?(this is the first time i've ever used feeding...)
bless

Janis Joplin

As I recall, this is some of Gypsy's freebie DP. It gets really tall. I would suggest that you prune the hell out of it early on during the veggie stage to make it branch out. My first crop with the Eurogrower and I didn't want to waste some really expensive beans just in case I screwed it up. Because of DP's height I used stakes and string.

Love my Eurogrower. :woohoo:

Just remembered: This is DP - Skunk #1 cross. Maybe from Sam the Skunk Man?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts