What's new

immatation cannabiz! pics! check it out!

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
me and my buddies where hiking and swimming in a canyon the other day. whe were blazin' and pounding a couple brewskies when we stumbled on this!
i was like wooow, a mj plant! but apon further inspection it revealed it was some other kind of plant! remarcably(sp?) similar!

i only took these 4 pics cus my camera ran out of juice!

what you guys think this is? any comments welcome! feel free to drop your two cents!

peace!

mm

Last edited:

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Looks like you found a mutant. I would scout the area for male and female .. then get some seed stock from them if possible later on. Could be something nice you found

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
yea Centrum! i'll keep my eyes open next time i go back! don't smell like anything... and its in a verry public place! just blends in real good to the surroundings!

Dr. D

Veteran
Could well be a wild hemp plant...very interesting, go back and check it out more..were there any trichs or anything?
Maybe get some cuttings.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
never heard of anyone getting anything good out of roadside weed.

G

Really? What about Ruderalis? As the name indicates, it's a roadside weed. And as a matter of fact, according to the Joint Doctor, Mexican Ruderalis is one of the strains from which Lowryder was developed.

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I've just heard many acounts of prople finding vigerous wild weed and smoking it and geting nothing from it. Its all in the breeding I say, maybe it'll do a litttle but it wont do as much as manmade strain, thats just what I think. Who knows.

Edit: Maybe theyre just retarded and harvested before any trichs formed. better question, do you even see trichs on wild weed? It dosent grow around where I am much. I've only seen wild weed with preflowers, none in flowering.

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Insane said:
Really? What about Ruderalis? As the name indicates, it's a roadside weed. And as a matter of fact, according to the Joint Doctor, Mexican Ruderalis is one of the strains from which Lowryder was developed.
ruderalis was used to make lowrider autoflower, not because it is any good...

Cannabis ruderalis is a putative species of Cannabis originating in central Asia. It flowers earlier than C. indica or C. sativa, does not grow as tall, and can withstand much harsher climates than either of them. Cannabis ruderalis is purported to go into budding based strictly on age and not on changes in length of daylight. This kind of flowering is also known as auto-flowering.[1].
Cannabis ruderalis has a lower THC content than either C. sativa or C. indica; thus, it has little use as a drug.

and ruderalis is asian not mexican....

Last edited:

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
here's a closeup of a bud... looks wierd!

thanks for the comments fellas!

i'm not sure if this plant has anything to due w/ cannabis or not? didn't see any trichs and did'nt have much of a smell. smelled grassy... cought my eye nonetheless! never seen any plant w/ resembles cannabis as much as this plant! might be a mutant of some sort? its got my attention and am verry interested in what this plant might be? i'm going to further reserch this plant when i go back!

peace!

mm

G

Grat3fulh3ad said:
ruderalis was used to make lowrider autoflower
Agreed.

Grat3fulh3ad said:
not because it is any good...
In other words, it is good as a breeding-stock. And there is also hardiness, low odour, dwarf stature and fast flowering time. So it has an interesting genetical potential.

Grat3fulh3ad said:
and ruderalis is asian not mexican....
Asian or East European to begin with, but even so,

Lowryder claims direct descendance from superior Williams Wonder and Northern Lights no 2 indica, as well as a more exotic, virtually unknown short variety believed to be descended from "Mexican Ruderalis", an experimental cross created over 25 years ago
See
http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/thestore/prods/L7039.html
& passim.

Last edited:
G

mexicanmafia said:
i'm not sure if this plant has anything to due w/ cannabis or not? ...
never seen any plant w/ resembles cannabis as much as this plant! might be a mutant of some sort? its got my attention and am verry interested in what this plant might be? i'm going to further reserch this plant when i go back!
Very intriguing, mexicanmafia! This absolutely calls for closer investigation. Would you say that those are females of a dioecious plant, or is that uncertain? An idea could be to post a query with the pictures on some web forum to do with general botany. If it is a dioecious species that would narrow the search somewhat.

If it turns out to be cannabis it could be an interesting addition to the gene-pool, as are Ruderalis and Australian Bastard Cannabis. If it is not cannabis, then at least we have made a new acquainance.

Last edited:

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
Insane said:
Very intriguing, mexicanmafia! This absolutely calls for closer investigation. Would you say that those are females of a dioecious plant, or is that uncertain? An idea could be to post a query with the pictures on some web forum to do with general botany. If it is a dioecious species that would narrow the search somewhat.

If it turns out to be cannabis it could be an interesting addition to the gene-pool, as are Ruderalis and Australian Bastard Cannabis. If it is not cannabis, then at least we have made a new acquainance.

this plant to me looks dioecious, but who knows? any body know a good general botany website? i wan't to further look into this specimen and determin its species! i'f it turns out to be cannabis, that would be a verry cool dicovery me thinks! who knows?

i'll probably go up there tomorrow! i'll keep you guys posted! thanks!

mm

Storm Crow

Veteran
Dude, get a microscope....

Dude, get a microscope....

and look for trichs! If it has those unmistakable "spikes and mushrooms" take a cutting or three and cross it with the best male pollen you can find (this can introduce a higher trich potential to the resulting plants). A little education in genetics-- the seeds you get from it will produce what look like normal plants (F1 generation), but don't give up yet! Take the 2 "best" plants and cross them. (If you have taken multiple clones and still have the original, breed her with one of her sons- You'll end up with about 50/50 on the leaf types. This, however, will give you something very close to the original and if she isn't very stony it could be a waste of time.) The next generation (F2 generation) will have 1 "mutant to every 3 normal looking plants. The "mutants, if bred to each other should breed true for the single leaf trait. Use your microscope to help you pick the best plants based on how many trichs you can see. It's not a totally fool proof way of checking future potency, but a plant with a lot of trichs is more likely to be stony than one with only a few! You can get a "kiddy" microscope at Radio Shack or any large toy store for $10 to $15. If it goes up to 100x, it's fine! If you don't have slides, 2 pieces of clear plastic will work-use a drop of water to make them stick together or take a 3x5, use a hole punch on it, put some clear tape on one side and your bit of plant sticks to the tape. You should have one for checking out the trichs on your plants to time your harvest, anyway. Amber colored "mushroom" trichs are good! I'm presently using my scope to pick a male G-13 x BHS to breed with my lone female. There ARE trichs on male flowers! Not as many as a female flower, but enough to judge by. The one that has the most trichs at maturity will get to be the lucky winner and pollenate the female. By the way, I'm old enough to be your granny and have a nice little garden in my closet! :yoinks:

Latest posts

Latest posts