What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

killer kabinett

dirtbag22

hey whats up folks :smokey:

i have built a couple of cabs, each measuring 180x80x44 cm (hxwxd). i'll be posting some photos of the cab build later if anyone is interested but for now i just wanna get this thread started.

mary j. poppins

soaked 16 ak 47 beans like three days ago. these beans ahve a special story, i'll tell you. i originally got them from serious seeds back in approx. 08. had a pretty large grow and got busted - spent 6 m 20 d in jail for that grow. between sentencing and actually serving i managed to squeeze in a grow though. so i scavenged together whatevdr the f-ing pigs didnt seize, flowered and pollinated and got a shit load of beans, that would have been in like 09. so these guys (and hopefully girls :dancer: ) have been dormant for like 6 years. been spreading them around a bit cause i believe in the fucking movement, nothing else :dance013: but ppl tell me they wont pop... now 4 days soaking 12/16 have popped so i guess i'm doing something right for once

dirtbag22

killer kabinett

i've put together an rdwc system but man i feel like a duck in a way too big pond when it comes to hydroponics. it seems cool and all but i might be in over my head here, i guess we'll see how it goes... anyway, got this little bubbel cloner going

you might wonder whats going on in there and here's what... a couple of days ago ganoderma posted a thread here on icmag detaiing his technique on popping seeds. i had already decided to go with the 1 inch rw cubes but i figured what the hell, let's try ganodermas tricks out, so i got 5 of each in there now, a little side by side thingy going if you will :biggrin:

dirtbag22

killer kabinett

you see the tap root right there and what i like about this is that ther's not gonna be a wet lump of rw hugging the stem but like i said we'll see how it unfolds.

all of this is going on in my veg cab

i've got a heater going in there. i currently live in a cooold country, i jumped ship after i got released but let me tell you, they dont take to kindly to this kind of hobby here either :laughing:

fuck it

dirtbag22

killer kabinett

the icmag community have given me a lot over the years and the purpose of this thread is to try and give something back. how, you might wonder and...hahaha let me tell you the truth - i am a slooow learner :biggrin: and i figure i'm gonna make a tonne of mistakes in this thread, n ppl will hopefully learn from this, not only me.

i will be using a somewhat decimated line up of AN nutes and my lights... well, they are a source of concern. as of now i have some t5's and some cheap ass chinese led's. i thought i was set with the leds but the more i read here on icmag the more i get convinced that i need to be buying some new lights. been reading tonnes on the subject but i'm actually more confused than iwas when i began reading... need to light up about 2 square feet in the bloom cab but keep in mind that it's pretty high, +5 ft and i plan to flower some sativas after this initial round. please chime in with any and all advice fellas

dirtbag22

hey guys, i wanna put a link to this thread in my signature... so i wrote killer kabinett but i re kon that aint a proper link. can anyone tell me how to do it? :)

Last edited:

MrBungle

Is this your first run with the lights? I would stick it out with what you have to see if what you read is right.... Unless you don't mind shelling out loot for new stuff....

Sorry I cant help with the sig stuff... I'm subbed tho :)

dirtbag22

thanks mrBungle and welcome aboard :)

yeah, first run with these lights and first time in a long time, rusty now for sure but i reckon i just might pull it off with some help from the good ppl on here. i´ll post a photo on up of the light later. i´d prefer to get that issue sorted sooner than later tho as i´m running out and so time is an issue rather than money.

dirtbag22

over kill...

over kill...

got a bit crazy today and went ahead and bought this bad boy

totally over kill for my little cab but i got a decent price on it so i thought what the hell... the problem i´m having is due to the cold climate. the rh is down to below 20% right now and it´s a pain in the ass to try and controll both temperature and humidity at the same time. hopefully this will do the job :)

Neat cab you've got there! :good:

Such a low rH @ low temperature? What the ambient t is?

got a bit crazy today and went ahead and bought this bad boy

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65769&pictureid=1564193&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

totally over kill for my little cab but i got a decent price on it so i thought what the hell... the problem i´m having is due to the cold climate. the rh is down to below 20% right now and it´s a pain in the ass to try and controll both temperature and humidity at the same time. hopefully this will do the job :)

)) What's does it control? Temperature and humidity?

Subbed.

dirtbag22

hi strangevisitor, whats up

yeah i live pretty far up north and its my understanding that the moist in the air freezes and thus gets heavier and so falls to the ground as snow or frost... i remember reading that antarctica is the driest continent on the planet and we suffer from the same mechanics up here. i'm no scientist tho by any means but i think it makes sense.

the controller i ordered is for controlling both temperature and humidity but i ight have to macgyver it a bit i think, as it's meant to controll fans and not, as in my case, a fan and a humidifier. we'll see how it goes, it should arrive at my door step either today or tomorrow.

all the best, db

dirtbag22

slowly but surely

slowly but surely

hey how's it going folks

came down this morning to look at the girls and found that ph had jumped from 6.0 to 6.32 just over night. i phed it down a bit and added 3ml of calmag (to ten liters of solution) as well

i'm at 193 ppm total now (tap water at 70 atm) and ph at5.6

they look pretty frisky to me one week from soaking the beans. gotta tell ya i'm starting to love hydro :woohoo:

tap roots are going for it, the longest on just barely touches the water surface as of this morning. man this is fun :biggrin:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Sweet cabinet broda! Nice start! So you are using the T5s or the chinese LED's? How many watts? Maybe try to keep the plants closer to the light, I'm not sure how far you are keeping it, but IME, t5s need to be very close to the plants in order to not get a huge stretchy plant!

I would recommend some COB LED's if you feel like doing some DIY. I flower in 2sqft, my cab is shorter than yours, and I'm running at 70W right now. Very happy with how things are working out. You could run them at 50w each COB and get great lightin there! Or maybe a 100w HPS or MH even a 150w, but that is gonna put out heat, which might help you since you are in a cold climate...!

My .02 cents, keep us updated with your progress !

Best of luck
Peace BW!

dirtbag22

mounted the kick ass fan controller

mounted the kick ass fan controller

hi guys

i got the fan controller late last night and got to work immediately :biggrin:

electrical board before...

and after...

electrical board back in place

dirtbag22

once in place i started screwing the knobs a up and down and changing parameters like crazy to see how it worked and how reliable it was. and i got to tell you guys - it´s effing awesome :)

i got rid of my previous chinese fan controller which sucked butt and the cab has never been this quiet before, by a mile or so. i`ve got the controller set at like 25% minimum fan speed and i dont hear a thing, whereas my previous controller would either make these retarded humming sounds or i would hear the fan blowing quite clearly.

so it runs along at whatever minimum speed i set it at and then when either the humi or temps exceeds my set limits it revvs up and solves the problem. thus creating another problem i have to admit, cause then you hear there´s a fan in that cab for sure.

so i need more controllers :woohoo: but i made a huge step in the right direction last night.

i decided to swap out my lame 2x14 w t5`s to two (nominal) 40 watt LED bulbs

possibly prematurely but i started off with only one light and when i checked on them this morning they seemed happy sso i turned the other one on as well

here´s a photo of what was supposed to be my main flowering light

it´s a "300" watt chink cheapo and i´m fixing to swap it out. got another thread going over in designs and equipment where i ask the experts for advice on which lamp to buy. we´ll see what happens, flowering time is way off in the future right now anyway. saw some nice fishbones on the roots today. gotta love hydro.

all the best, db

dirtbag22

COB

COB

Hey whats up buddha watcha :)

welcome aboard and thanks for the advice on the COB´s. i might go that route, looking into the various advice i´ve gotten in my other link. how high is your cab? and have you flowered with your light yet? pls feel free to throw up some photos of your set up if you like.

peace, db

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Very clean setup broda! :)

My cab is about 70cm tall 2sqft.

picture.php

Here you can see the whole size...

Fast forward 10 weeks

picture.php

You can check the thread on my signature for more info and pics :)

Peace man

dirtbag22

man buddha watcha how sweet those plants look :) just finished reading your latest thread and i+m envious as a mofo now, but in a good way hahaha impressive results for sure, big kudos bro.

did you build them lights yourself? was it difficult?

all good, db

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thanks broda!

The COB LED was pretty easy to setup, the hard part was knowing which driver to get to work with the LED's... But that's just a bit of homework, and there are threads where you can find some help if you need to, but if you do some reading you should be able to figure most of it out!

If u need some help gimme a holler I'll try to help :)

Peace!

dirtbag22

gonna mix it up a little

gonna mix it up a little

hi guys

ive had the plants in the bubbler for 8 days now and last night i decided to do something drastical about the whole situation (being freshly out of smoke and all). so this morning i whipped out the ole chinese 5 gallon buckets and got to work. first a photo of my wee girls..

aaand the buckets

got the chinese air stone, gotta weigh it down damned thing floats believe it or not

so the 2 buckets in the flower cab is connected to the rez in the veg cab. this in turn is connected to another rez for top ups

dirtbag22

i got 4 plants in the left bucket, in one disc of neoprene, and 3 in the right one - in 3 separate 1 inch rw cubes.

so that left me 3 liitle uns that i planted in coco. they will stay in the veg cab, hopefully there's a mom amongst them.

mixed up 55 liters of juice and it was quite the chore

because i only got cold water where i'm at right now and to further complicate things i cant use the sink, gotta get rid of water thru the toilet. fucked up. still, it was fun.. kind of..

so here's what i mixed:

gh bio roots 10 ml
AN G,M,B 25 ml each
superthrive 10 drops
AN calmag 20 ml
oxyplus 12% 20 ml

my tap water is at 60 ppm right now, and i landed at 360 total. had to ph it down a bit but overdid it slightly so i'm at 5,5 now.

i then proceeded to fry them with 300 fake watts LED, which they seemed to enjoy the first hour or so but when i checked on them after an additional hour they were quite sad. like sun burnt women sometimes appear sad, like crispy sad. so off it went and i found an old 2x18 w T8 with 6000 K bulbs and installed, so i guess we'll see how that goes. there is hope :)

anyway, lights off soon, going 12/12 as of tonite, gonna be fun!

take it easy, db

Latest posts

Latest posts