What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MJ Ice Tea On A Hot Summers Day

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Here's a little recipe I got from Kaya Lounge when their website was up. Figured should share it with you all since I had it, and this is just another great part of being a member of IC.

Mary Jane's Ice Tea

2 quarts spring water
12 single decaffeinated tea bags
3 tbsp marijuana
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. orange juice
1 c. lemon juice
Orange slices
Lemon slices
Ice cubes

In medium saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add tea bags and marijuana and steep 10 minutes. Remove tea bags. In a small saucepan, slowly boil 1 cup water with sugar for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add sugar syrup and citrus juices to tea. Remove to pitcher or bowl and refrigerate until chilled. May be refrigerated several hours. Before serving, add fruit slices and ice cubes. Makes 10 cups.

BagseedSamurai

That recipe..I just dont see it working. Everything ive seen workingpot into water seems to not work..or barely if at all.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
I've only tried this recipe once, and it worked ok. It wasn't as potent as most of the cannabutter products I've made but it's definatly worth the shot for 3 grams.

I got a nice body buzz and made for an enjoyable afternoon in the sun.

I got the recipe from a medicinal strain breeders website. They were completely dedicated to medicinal usage and supplied free beans to the sick. I'm sure their recipes are valid.

Too much negativity guys...I was just sharing a recipe I had sitting around for those wanting to maybe try something new. This is the "cooking" section of a cannabis website right?
Please don't knock it unless you've tried it.

rastamonunika

Gotta agree with TML16, its just a recipe that he offered. He never claimed that it would get you oblierated, he just wanted to share a recipe he enjoyed. I personally think it looks quite delicioso! Im thinking about doing something similar with an ice chai =)

thanks for the recipe TML i really appreciate it and im hoping to use it today on this wonderully warm day =)

lots of Love and Light

unika

paulok2000

I don't think that tea works without a lipid(fat) or alchol. i mean some trichs could break off.

I dont mean anything personally, i am just stating something that i heard.

Last edited:

Remailer

THC is not water solvable. It is FAT that the THC gets into. That is why the butter makes better HI feeling. You could take a FULL POUND of weed and put it into water and then put a Drug test strip into the water and it will not show up for weed.

When you cook it you need something to pull the THC out of the plant and just water will not get it all. You need more to get really high.

Storm Crow

Veteran
THC is not water soluble....

THC is not water soluble....

BUT it is not the only thing in cannabis! There are water soluble cannabis compounds that apparently can relieve pain. No, it won't get you zonked, but it may help get rid of that ache that's bringing you down. You may find these informative.

Cannabis tea revisited: A systematic evaluation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/e...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Cuppa Gives A Better 'ooh'
http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/cuppa_gives_a_better_ooh

With the use of cannabis tea only a small proportion of THC in the cannabis is ingested
http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/nav/home-bulletin.htm

- Granny- enjoying a nice cup of tea

Sam Slambam

stick with a tincture.

stick with a tincture.

i agree, a tincture is the way to go for non-dairy based beverages. I mean, cannabutter smoothies?! blech!

I've heard tell that you can use hash in beverages without any sort of special preparation, but as hash is about as common as icebergs are in the United States, I wouldn't know.

Why not just make thai iced tea and use heavy cream thats slowly infused with the weed? That is the only way i see this working unless you want to make a budder eggnog or something, i wouldnt want to add oil or butter or alcohol to my tea. I drink loose lea white tea so whats the point in ruining the taste of it? Heavy cream is the only way I see of making it work. Further testing needed.. And loose leaf is the way to be for all you out there who use the bags. your body will thank you for making the change over.

Stay healthy,
SC

lala124

Make ice tea like you normally would, but add green dragon. To help with the taste though, watercure bud for 7 days before making green dragon. Works a treat really. And if you concentrate the GD enough, you can hardly taste it.

toto

i say... make an English tea

1 tea bag.
1 glass of milk.
1 little pinch of butter.
brown Sugar or other sweetener..
weed

Cook it all for 15 minutes or more.

drink :D

Last edited:

mazzakush

dude, i love making moon tea with it .... like sun tea... but at night.

i do it more with herbs, but i can definately see having a strawberry / lime / cannabis / tea would be great (i'd probly put this one out at sundown). Damn that'd be tasty....

tribe

BUT it is not the only thing in cannabis! There are water soluble cannabis compounds that apparently can relieve pain. No, it won't get you zonked, but it may help get rid of that ache that's bringing you down. You may find these informative.
- Granny- enjoying a nice cup of tea

Rep++

Keep on spreading the wisdom that there is more to ganja than just thc... Its a wealth of health. A wonder weed if you will :D

I personally love just chucking a handful (I never actually weigh, I guess a tablespoon full per serving, its down to taste but we like medium strength over here, too weak and well theres no point, but too strong and it can be a bit overpowering) of stalks into a simmering pan of milk and sugar and simmer for about 10-15mins (with a lid on to hold in all the vapours important!), after which turn the heat off and just let the milk vapours settle back into the milk for five mins, then make a pot of tea and add both into your mug, I add ganja milk first then add strong tea water on top to fill. This will be quite a milky tea, and everyone kind of wonders if they like it after the first sip.... then they all say its so addictive and moreish they just can't stop drinking it! :dance013: Its not exactly going to knock you off you chair, but make a great drink for sitting outside in the sun with friends, you'll be amazed at how moreish it is if made right. Gives you a warm, pleasant, relaxing feeling, puts a smile on your face and you do generally feel better and happier for it... I still normally accompany my tea with a nice fatty though for that extra buzz :whee: Only get to drink it every few weeks or so, but I'll drink this everday when I get enough stalks....

Anyone like drinking this milky stalky tea?

M

mrred

what if you cook tea in a water proof masion jar? the thc should still be in there if you let it cool down or maybe even hot?

tribe

what if you cook tea in a water proof masion jar? the thc should still be in there if you let it cool down or maybe even hot?

Hey mrred, I don't know what a masion jar is. Not bothered about thc in this tea, thats not what its all about really.

Will prob work cold I guess not sure haven't tried it yet..

I'm not an expert on weed tea by any means, just know everyone finds this one highly moreish and enjoyable and doesn't waste any bud, just chuck some stalks into the milk, simmer for 15min, strain and add to tea. Simples!

I know thc and some other cannaboids, are best absorbed into the liquid through fats (such as milk, cream etc) or even more efficiently in alcohol. Though I have read that some other cannaboids can be absorbed into water, but I doubt much thc, or at least you would need alot more intial bud. Theres more to ganja than thc however and this drink tastes nice imo and has a nice relaxing, smiley effect. Just combine with a nice fatty for a complete high.

If you just want a drink to get you wrecked, I'd suggest rather than stalks, use some bud simmered for an hour on very low heat in cream, or with some vodka, or make some cannabutter and add that to a hot chocolate.