What's new

watch me grow the dank!

senseless

hey icers whats up? my (current) grow startes on page 9. BUT DONT FORGET TO READ THIS ONE!

ive made the switch from hydro to soil. well soil-less actually.

using my trusty 2'x4'x33inch tall workbench type cabniet.
im growing in a 6 inch deep soil bed of Botanicare Ready Gro soil. moisture formula.
i got my 400w light up and running in a 19 inch cool tube that gets exhausted with a 265cfm blower outside the cabniet.
hooked up some fancy pvc intakes.
and i bought a Truncheon PH tester mmmm....i love it.

o yea and im going to be hand watering and growing 15 plants SOG style hopefully finishing at 15 inches. only 2 plants are planted in the cab now because they're the only ones that rooted fully.

this grow is super simple so far and thats how i plan to keep it.

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
right on now im gonna really press my nephew to get some ogkush next time he can,
it'll run him 1,000$ for a flat of 50 he thinks the person said he knows some1 grown it now. im gonna go smoke some of what very little i have left of og kush i got the other day man this stuff is fn grade AAAAA #1 taste/high and how long it last's. when my nephew buys some he will through a few my way honestly should be in the next 1-2 months hopefully.

darrinjefferson

wow...i cant wait to see that tub full of little ladies. i really like your soil box. i have been looking for something that i could use for my future cab and i think that it might work real well. i will be picking up all the wood for my new cab here in the next week so i am getting really amped for my next grow. good luck bro.
late.

senseless

the soil box was super easy to make. its just a 2x6 on each side not even nailed in or anything just wedged in with 2 or 3 layers of black plastic. i dont use any drain holes either.

if you build a cab you should build it taller than 4.5 feet. and the length and width depending on what size light you are using. that will give you enough room to inprove and make possibly a drip system using the Ready Grow Areation soil mix with a reserviour underneath. or even a hydroponics system like the bio buckets.

good luck with this grow senseless, hope the soil works out for you. do you think 36" is too short for bio buckets? is that why you switched?

senseless

i switched from hydro to soil mainly because its hard as heck to get bio buckets to work inside my cabniet and i diddnt want to go through the troubble of building a new hydroponics system that would fit. i decided that i would just keep it simple and do a SOG soil bed grow. it actually works out good because i have to veg less compared to hydro where i have to scrog 2 plants to fill out the entire cabniet.

mushupork5- 36in isnt to small if your scrogging. i say go for it but deffinately use 5 gallon or 3 gallon round buckets because square ones lack water circulation. if you could put the reserviour outside your cabniet that would be dope. then you could raise your cabniet up off the floor a few inches so the 3 gallon buckets would sit higher than the reserviour and have a good waterfall.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
F*ck Yea bro! i knew you'd recover. Now i'll just sit back and watch this from start to finish. :lurk:

senseless... Well I dont have any idea why you cant make biobuckets work. Ive been using a biosystem for a few years now and I wouldnt grow soil again for anything...a biosystem is the way to go if your lazy, usually have high temps, and like to watch your plants grow 3 inches or more in a day.
As far as having to veg less with your soil bed... how?? . Have you ever seen the growth rates in a proper biosystem firsthand? I dont think you would be saying that if you did (I know you wouldnt be).
Ive got a soil grow going side by side with my biosystem grow, and at 3 weeks the biogrow plants are atleast 5 times as big a the soil, and seeds were germed at exactly the same time. Ive never been able to do that with the best of soil ammendments and additives.
I think the problem with your bio bucket grow was your containers(mainly no room for air circualtion around tubs. This keeps solution temps on the rise all of the time IMO) and you needed res outside of grow area where temps are cooler and more stable. fairly high res temps are acceptable in a biosystem(75-80F) as long as they are constant Ive noticed.

I actually have to try really hard to get my biogrow to go sour...But Soil is no problem screwing up immediately LOL

I think you should give bio buckets another chance bro. Id be glad to help if I can. Shoot me a PM if you ever decide to give them anohter goround.

Good luck..GM

senseless

thanks pontiac and username glad u both stopped by.

Getawaymonkey! said:
senseless... Well I dont have any idea why you cant make biobuckets work. Ive been using a biosystem for a few years now and I wouldnt grow soil again for anything...a biosystem is the way to go if your lazy, usually have high temps, and like to watch your plants grow 3 inches or more in a day.
As far as having to veg less with your soil bed... how?? . Have you ever seen the growth rates in a proper biosystem firsthand? I dont think you would be saying that if you did (I know you wouldnt be).
Ive got a soil grow going side by side with my biosystem grow, and at 3 weeks the biogrow plants are atleast 5 times as big a the soil, and seeds were germed at exactly the same time. Ive never been able to do that with the best of soil ammendments and additives.
I think the problem with your bio bucket grow was your containers(mainly no room for air circualtion around tubs. This keeps solution temps on the rise all of the time IMO) and you needed res outside of grow area where temps are cooler and more stable. fairly high res temps are acceptable in a biosystem(75-80F) as long as they are constant Ive noticed.

I actually have to try really hard to get my biogrow to go sour...But Soil is no problem screwing up immediately LOL

I think you should give bio buckets another chance bro. Id be glad to help if I can. Shoot me a PM if you ever decide to give them anohter goround.

Good luck..GM

dude trust me, if i could i would have bio buckets they rule. just check out my round 2 biobucket failure in my sig, everything was going great i just got a major infestation of bugs and my system was infected beyond repair. if you had my cabniet and growing situation you would see that it wouldnt happen.

as far as a shorter veg time i just meant that its going to be shorter because im doing a SOG with 15 plants instead of a SCROG with 2 plants. get it?

senseless

hey guys,

its been 10 days since my last update.

daytime temps are 84-88F
nightime temps are 65-70F

over the last 10 days ive been filling up the cab with clones, getting the last 2 planted today. a clone here, 2 clones there, ect. i just planted them as they rooted. i had 100% success rate and have 15 plants in total in the cabniet. the 2 plants that were in the first set of pics are a bit ahead of the rest so i tied them down. i think this grow will most likely turn into a SOG x LST grow anyway.

ive been feeding them every watering adjusting ph to 6.5. the nutreints im using for veg are pure blend pro grow, pure blend original grow, liquid karma, cal-mag plus, and a bit of superthrive when i first planted the clones.

right side

left side

middle

Its obvious the dank is on it's way. I like this style. I was going to do this on my first grow but you have to be carefuly having one giant tub of dirt. Can make it difficult if a flush is necessary. Good luck though. Lookin healthy!

AbaZabba

I love your new setup senseless, I was also thinkg about going to SOG soil box after seeing Growdoc and many others here and on OG have great success with it.
I had an idea... I was thinking about propping one end of the box 2-3 inches off the ground for water draim so things dont get all soggy and rotted in the bottom of the box; just an idea I know some use a hose drainage.

I have that exact cooltube with a 600watter :D, this really looks like something I would love to do since Im a simple organic and soil grower :smoker:

Last thing, what exactly are the pvc pipes that come up and shadow the box for? water? exhaust? or am I just incredibly stoned hehe

Lookin good man, can't wait to see them fill in. :dance:

senseless

durbanpoison- im using organic nutreints so hopefully i wont have to worry about flushing. i would NEVER try to grow like this with chemical nutrients. i want to start using organic teas to be even more safe.

abazabba- cool name! if you have the room there is countless ways you can set up the soil box for drainage. i was thinking about just making a soil box shelf with a few holes in the bottom for the dranage to a small tray. but my cabniet is small and im already pushing hight limits with the 400w in there.

the pvc pipes are air intakes. they blow fresh air over the tops of the plant.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
senseless said:
the soil box was super easy to make. its just a 2x6 on each side not even nailed in or anything just wedged in with 2 or 3 layers of black plastic. i dont use any drain holes either.

if you build a cab you should build it taller than 4.5 feet. and the length and width depending on what size light you are using. that will give you enough room to inprove and make possibly a drip system using the Ready Grow Areation soil mix with a reserviour underneath. or even a hydroponics system like the bio buckets.
no drain holes?? is this the method soma uses where those port holes are the means of ventilation and air exchange?