What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GROBOT FlowerForcer

gr0wm4g3

How the hell does electricity come to play with that?

I could understand if you had to pull the black part over every 12 hours, how does that work though?

calicoli06

25 watt solar panel hooked up to a battery that powers a small motor controlled by a timer. Automatically opens and closes. They recommend 11 hours of light. They also recommend opening the unit at night for a couple hours later in bloom to release built up humidity to avoid bud rot. For spider mite control early in flower you hose them down right before it closes. High humidity will suffocate them. I'll take pics if interested. Turns out I bought the very first one.

peace

Xdox

wow....well its defintaly interest....you paid 4000 for it though!? It goes outside and its solar powered? Wow yeah get some pics if you can. Thanks.

gr0wm4g3

Xdox said:
wow....well its defintaly interest....you paid 4000 for it though!? It goes outside and its solar powered? Wow yeah get some pics if you can. Thanks.

That thing costs 4 grand!? Wow.

G

that thing looks really cool, and I've always wanted to make something similar though this is the first time seeing it allready done. Dude please report progress!

V

vhGhost

i've talked with some old boy from around my village and they say the best thing for automating mother natures sun is to dig a hole around 4-6' deep(all depends on plant size) and what ever width and length you need for plant #'s and then us a motor to tarp up the whole every 12 hours... ... alot of other factors but thats the basics! .. you'd need a sump pump in the whole for rain water or you could build a cover over top of the whole with polly ... blah blah blah blah ...

I really like the fact that your willing to go out and try new things... Great job. hope it works for you...

calicoli06

vhghost- I'm sure there are other ways that could have saved me lots of money but I'm not a DIY kind of guy. thanks for the encouraging words. This is really new to me I've been growing indoors for 5 years now don't know shit about outdoors.
peace

G

Mini HortaPharm, good Ideas guys, you should grow some clones out and show us how well it works, been wanting to see something like this.

V

vhGhost

calicoli06 said:
vhghost- I'm sure there are other ways that could have saved me lots of money but I'm not a DIY kind of guy. thanks for the encouraging words. This is really new to me I've been growing indoors for 5 years now don't know shit about outdoors.
peace

Well all i can say is, best of luck! i know going from 1 extreme to another is very dramatic. i'm doing my first outdoor this year(lol) mainly for clones but i'm going to be black bagin them real soon, i want them done by the end of sept! and 12/12 starts around aug 15ish and i don't want to finish off in october because of frost

bopper

Hey calicoli,

That is one cool device! :cool:

We shaded a couple of plants with a large box (held off the ground by bricks) three years ago for an early harvest. Everything went fine until high winds came up while we were away one evening and our plants got thrown to the ground with the box. :D

Outdoor flower forcing has been of interest for some time. We wondered how Shanti and the other folks in Switzerland before the unpleasantness used to shade their greenhouses. The lack of an outdoor location would prevent any current use, but we'll keep it in mind for the future.

Best of luck with your efforts. Please keep us posted on your experience with this device. :smoker:

Best,

bopper

calicoli06

Bopper- thank you. I will keep posted. I didn't plan on getting this, especially so late in the season. I didn't have much to throw in it but next year will be interesting.
peace

cadillachydro

Ouch... 5k? Really? I havent researched many green house contraptions like that, but thats alot of bread. Ive come to the conclusion you must be a rich man. Good luck with it though. If youre commercial and it works as advertised I assume it'll pay for itself first time out. Damn, 5k... keep us posted, I'll watch out of pure astonishment. Im gonna say it again... Ouch.

litebuzz

i'm watching...please keep us posted. i'm also growing my first outdoor grow and so far its great, i love it! i live in a region that could get frost late october so i'm thinking of a quonset hut type green house, but yours sounds waaaaay cooler! hope it works out well for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts