What's new

Apollo's Thunder Ebb and Flow

Nate

Hello ICMAG, Nate here, to remind myself and all of you why I should continue to grow the sacred flower!

You may have known me as "NateTheGreat", but in times of fear I cut off my net connections and even went as far to shut down my grow!

For many months I have not grown even one cannabis plant.

But that has to change! BIG TIME. I received a clone of APOLLO'S THUNDER from a friend I had started up awhile back. My friends - Spread your clones! You never know when you may want a taste of the past!

I have been vegging these Ladies for a few weeks and recently took over 20 clones in preparation for the new grow. I will have to move to a new location before I can bloom and that is complicating things, however I just couldn't wait to be back in the game!

Ebb and Flow Table w/ AT clones. Hydro, IMO, has boosted my growth rates more so than any other method. I used to use organics, but this is going to turn out great, I can feel it.

These are some nice healthy clones ready to rock out! After all this time AT is still one of the best plants I have worked with. Easy to clone, extremely flexible, Easy to grow, and great yeilds of extremely sticky buds.

That's all for now Folks, I will keep this thread updated as the situation progresses, I hope to make this my best and biggest Bloom EVER.

Nate

Nate

Clones are rooting, mothers are re-greening...

Clones are rooting, mothers are re-greening...

Hey all, update here. Most of my clones are rooting so looks like a new grow can't be far.

These clones are super rooting.

Even the LEAF STEMS develop roots, check it out -

2 little roots here

This one still has a leaf on the end!

Full shot of the veggie closet.

Nate

Nate

Thanks, I have a flouro lamp with 2 40 watt flouros. for bloom I have a 1000 hps on a light mover and a 600 hps.

Nate

I have a plan for Bloom but I figure I will run it by you all and see what you think.

Ok, first off I will be doing Ebb and Flow hydro, with GH flora nutes. My plan is to have 8 five gallon buckets with a net basket in the top. I am going to fill the net basket with hydroton. I will connect a hose at the bottom of each bucket and connect the hose to the pump from my res. The buckets will flood till they reach the hose at the top which will go back into the res. If I am correct the roots should just grow freely under the net pot. I am planning on having 2 res at 25 gallons each and I will hook up 4 buckets to each rez. I will flower under a 1000 hps on light mover. Later I will start a 600 watt project, or I will start 4 buckets under the 600 and start the 1000 watt project a little later.

Anyone see any obvious holes in this plan?

LazyDaze

Sounds fine to me, but what do I know. I just lurk :) I assume someone far more knowlegable will be along soon. And they will be friendly and helpful. It's one of the main things I like about IC.

Meanwhile I'll pull up a stool and watch. :smoke:

Litz_C

nice one nate. It good to see another ebb & flow user.

how many time you flush tehm a day?

and those foil for cover them?i kind interest them thankz

70s_PotHead

Howdy Nate and welcome back :wave: I see no reason why your bucket system wont, looks like a muti flow with out the contoller bucket. Good luck and i'll be watching :lurk:

70s :joint:

shaolin36er

Looks like that will be 1 fine AP/TH grow Nate. Glad to see you back Bud. I have flowered 1 AP/TH back in the day and it was my first Rez bean I ever planted. That's what got me hooked on our friends beans. Cant wait to see how the hydro turns out for you.

Nate

70s_PotHead - thanks for dropping by, I'll serve up that update soon, hot n fresh

shaolin36er - I remember you man, glad again to see alot of us re-registered :D seems like not many of us got to get AT beans, but yeah, it got me hooked. I have tried a few of his strain's since, but AT it a mainstay :joint:

Litz_C - how is it goin, I was flushing them every 4 hours or so. The reflective foil is used to keep light away from my roots.

LazyDaze - Pull that stool on up, cuz eventually this will get really exciting I think :D

Nate

Hello Hello sorry I haven't updated I am in the process of moving to a new location and if you engaged in growing it can be extra stressful. A word of advice - NEVER HAVE A GROW PARTNER !!! LOL! Worst mistake ever, talk about stress!

Anyways soon I will be moving to a new location and instead of using ebb and flow buckets I beleive I may use Bio Buckets as big tokes thread is quite amazing and speaks for itself.

Since I last updated I have set my drain to emulate the waterfall effect described in Big Toke's Bio Bucket Thread. I started experimenting with leaving the pump on for several hours versus just 10 to 15 minutes. The plants didn't looked bad, they looked GREAT. Growth and roots went crazy! I set the pump to run 24 hours a day and things got even better, I can see growth differences in a matter of hours. I love this hydro stuff! I romoved some of the back plants because they were gettin large and hoggin up all the space back there! All you can see now is a clone of Chocolate Chunk from THSeeds.

I am a lil worried about root rot so I am going to set it back to running for just a few hours, but the water fall technique is GOLD!!! USE IT!

Clones are coming along...

Mampi

Looking great nate :D

That's pretty unique bro, roots on the fan leaf stems that is.... looking forward to seeing how these turn out fer yas.

Nate

Thanks Major!

Thanks Mampi, And yeah the roots coming from the leaves happened on multiple clones, it's totally weird! She has always been easy to clone these days it's just nuts!

70s_PotHead

Killer looking clones Nate, with I can get roots like that on mine....maybe next time. So when to they make there way to the buckets :chin:

70s :joint:

Nate

I am moving within the next few days then I have to build the system at the new location and let it run for 2 weeks before I can add the ladies. I will prolly have to move the lucky 12 clones into the main veg table so they can get ready.

V

vhGhost

Great job Nate i hope your ebb/flo experience is great! i'll be watching!

Nate

Well hello again ICMAG, I am still here although moving has been a real pain. I had a delay in getting internet hooked up and now my computer is on the fritz so I have to use my friends if i want to update.

My grow had to be reduced to clones during the move for security reasons so once the damn things root and I set back up my ebb and flow I will resume updates!