What's new

Question about a line of nutes House and Garden

pezoholic

HG fuckin rocks GH Im sorry, you cant compare a 82% organic line to a GH salt filled shithole....I have used both and GH taste like it smells....chemically....fuck that I LOVE THE EARTHEN flavor from the aqua flakes and the AARDE

At that is a misprint you WANT to use a airstone with roots excellorator.....the whole run for that matter.

^^
3rd day flowering....33rd day from clone

Last edited:

T.Baggins

+ 1 for house and garden..... especially the root excelurator!!....
"Never use an oxygen pump in
the nutrient container or on
the growth table. This may
have serious consequences
for the stability of the nutrients
(pH- and EC-values)". that's what it says on the web site

D

Disguised

There was a discussion over on another site that I frequent concerning the use of an air pump with H&G nutes.

After much debate, someone broke down and emailed H&G asking them about it. This is the response he recieved:

Sorry to say that the NO OXYGEN statement was a misprint and the newer feed schedules do not state that. Thanks

You can always shoot them an email and verify for yourself though.

S

srk

I got 1.1/watt last round even the bottom stuff that wasn't getting much light was dense there was no popcorn last round. I have a custom h&g regiment from tried and true experiments from old school farmers. Bcuzz blossoming tabzz are the exact same thing as the shooting powder, and its cheaper, bcuzz worked out some deal with house and garden. I'm on ebb and flow tables. I don't use aqua flakes or a and b, rather I use bloom and micro of gh with, top booster at day 26 for 5 days at 5ml, bud xl after that at 5 ml for the next three weeks. Week 5 I start tabz at 1 tab/25 gallons of water, the last week I double up the tabz with no food period. I run hygrozyme and compost tea through out the whole run. Talk shit about gh if you want but 1.1 per watt speaks for it self. But I never did this good with out all of the additives. I also use diamond nectar till day 21 of bloom. I don't use air stones.

T.Baggins

Well that's one hell of a misprint then!....."Never use an oxygen pump" is not only in bold letters, but is also underlined.... then it gives a specific reason why you shouldn't..."This may have serious consequences for the stability of the nutrients (pH- and EC-values)" I just emailed them asking them to further clarify this....

cemchris

Used H&G for a year on tables. I still use the drip clean and Budxl. They are both magic IMO. RUN THE AQUAFLAKES. Best nute line they have. Also be careful with magic green cause it is hot and can seriously burn younger plants. Overall H&G was Great. PH stability was out of this world (would drift maybe .1 or .2 over 3-4 days) and taste and frostiness were top notch also. I never ran the shooting powder but used AN Bigbud powder cause I had it laying around.

Alphakronik

T.Baggins said:
Well that's one hell of a misprint then!....."Never use an oxygen pump" is not only in bold letters, but is also underlined.... then it gives a specific reason why you shouldn't..."This may have serious consequences for the stability of the nutrients (pH- and EC-values)" I just emailed them asking them to further clarify this....

Actually, this wasn't a misprint, but more of a translation issue from what I'm told. I guess that kind of happens when you have like 5 different languages on the label. lol

T.Baggins

here's h&g reply to my question about aeration..."It's no problem to aerate the water....the ONLY time that it could even be harmful would be when using Roots Excelurator and the reason there in is because this product contains aerobic as well as anaerobic bacteria and the forced air speeds up the life cycle of the anaerobic bacteria causing them to die faster than normal......hardly harmful, just less beneficial.".... props to simba, you were right on... :rasta:

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
y'all want a good H&G thread, check out pico!
as for me, another round of yields beating all expectations....
very clean nutrient, especially using the dripclean.
i've run the cocos line, not aquaflakes.
it's clean also in that the true flavor of the genetics come through, rather than artificially sweet or chemmy. i know flushing solves everything, but GH and even Canna have their own unique smells if you run the same strain side by side, or in sequence.
In the end they are a very classy base nutrient, but nothing more. Root Excelurator is the best in its field, though.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I've been using the H & G coco A&B for my trays with 8" Coco Pots. I think it's been a great product. I have seen some salt buildup but I never used the drip clean and I've never flushed. I just change the resi out every 7 days. I think next run I'll use the drip clean.

I like to start with the basics and then add or remove things to judge their value in the equation.

I also use Supernatural Aqua in the Ebb and Gro by Cap. I think that's a great product as well. Very Clean.

Pico is killing it. :)