What's new

Ultimate Sativa Thread???

nortad

on OG there was a fairly long thread titled the "Ulitimate Sativa Thread", which had detailed listings of strain lineage & overviews of landraces and the regions where they're from, as well as detailed grow and smoke reports, and links to the actual grow and smoke report threads in many cases. it also had pointers to threads with advice for indoor & outdoor sativa growing, etc.

i wish i had mirrored the thread when i first ran across it, as it was one of the most information-rich threads i came across on that site.

basically, i was wondering if anyone had a copy of that info, or if they'd be interested in trying to compile it again.

KingRalph

that was one of maybe two or three threads that i actually still visited at OG. an incredible thread chock full of rare sativas from around the globe like you say... maybe g oogle's cache has some left...

we can only try right... so let's begin the revival!

Kona Cherry...here is what i can only describe as a pure sativa from the Big Island of Hawaii that took around 12 weeks to mature. i personally brought the seeds back from the island from incredibly resinous dark though wispy outdoors bud from longtime natives. the result is a soaring ceilingless high and of two females that were nearly identical, one smelled of sweet cherries that i kept for 2 years before she passed on during the second reveg :( the earthy haze-like stank of the high expansion smoke is a smell i hold dear to my senses, and hope to one day appreciate again in pure form when i return to the island of paradise...

so here she is under natural full spectrum lighting...

and her sister that was just as great, but without a cherry aroma...

and under solely HPS lighting after a reveg, a stunning difference to her natural lighting...

i VERY much look forward to seeing everyone's pure landrace sativas and can only hope this thread mimics the original ultimate sativa thread... the sativas of the world are incredible so all you sativa lovers, time ta come outta the woodwork!

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah I know ain't have a back up copy but I don't think it would've been so useful anyway without the links working.

here is a pic of oaxaca he always wanted to put up.

Last edited:
G

Beautiful buds guys!
I am going to work now but,Give me a couple days and i will help get this sativa party started.
MOD

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Bring on the Sativas. I haven't grown any yet but I got a few. I'm going to grow 2 of them this fall. Apple Pie and Jamaican Sativa (Landrace).

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I'm totally going to be watchin the jamaican.

whats apple pie made of again?

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
motaco said:
I'm totally going to be watchin the jamaican.

whats apple pie made of again?

Apple Pie is Acapulco Gold x Highland Nepalese. I can't wait to try it, as for the Jamaican. It's a landrace from St.Ann Jamaica. I got them directly from a grower in the Caribbean. I also got a few other nice Caribben Sativas too. One is called Vincey from St.Vincent and the other Bajan Green from Barbados.

beancounter

Veteran
Speaking of ultimate sativas there was a long thread on a now extinct Afghan Sativa Landrace which is only still kept as an elite clone, maybe 5-10 people have it at most.

It was named Krush by the original holder/preserver of the cut, and listed as their hands down favorite plant, by a true sativa lover.

Flowering time of 90-100 days.. Best way to grow is as a SOG in 2 gal pots, started in flowering with no veg.

The clone will start out at about 4-6", by 14-15 days she is about 18"+. Top her down to 4 nodes or about 4-6" at 15 days of 12-12, and she will finish at 2.5'-3' in about 95 days.

Been lab tested by a certified lab..

Here is the lab results on the Krush from Liquid Gas Chromatography:
CBD= 1300mc/g CBN= 5500mc/g Delta-8THC= <200
Delta-9THC= 26.1882%

When I first heard about it I was very skeptical, as Aghan + Sativa jus didn't make sense to me. But after doing alot more research it seems there is lots of evidence of Afghan Hash making sativas.. Or what were believed to be sativas..

It's been suggested to me that this plant could simply be an indica strain that was bred and selected for sativa traits. Maybe, but I personaly doubt you could breed that much stretch out of any indica.

I'll upload some pics of her later.

I'm not sure if she was mentioned in the old OG sativa thread, but I do know she had a fairly substantila thread of her own on OG.

I have yet to finish growing her, got about 45 days left in flower or so. I picked her up from the original keeper.

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
Ok, some pics. These aren't mine, these were saved from the OG thread.

I have a ton more, but this is enough to give you an idea of it. Some of the pics are a lil fuzzy, so it's hard to see, but the fan leaves do have a lot of trichome production. I'll get some good pics of mine in flower sometime.

She has very unique qualities for a sativa, including very dense buds, and very interesting branch growth. Very spaced out nodes early in flower, never looks like it will ever fill in, but it does, in spades.

All of these plants were grown as I described above, zero veg into 12-12, topped to 4 nodes (about 4-6") at 15 days 12-12 and grown in 2 gallon bags.

The fans are much more sativa in veg, I'll get some better pics.

73 days 12-12

610373rd-day-krush.JPG

83 days 12-12

6103day83--buds.jpg

A bunch of Krush, not sure how many days, probably 60-70

6103krush-growing.jpg

Strange, stem/branch growth. May not look strange until you compare it to a normal plant.

6103krush-stem-051205.jpg

Some love nuggets.

6103budshot-krush2.jpg

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
beancounter - :yoinks: nice krush. awesome colas.

sannie - ditto on the JH, very impressive. What was the height on those girls?

Hoping to find genetics like these eventually - the stuff of dreams! :yes:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah old lynz had the krush. and boo had it too.

good lookin sats.

about the apple pie and the jamaican. I grew WN which is a cross of viet black and HN. grew some f2's too. be interesting to see how it comes out. unfortunately all the RM AG cuts I saw floating around weren't too impressive and they all hermied. But RM isn't an asshole it must produce nice weed under the right circumstance.

the jamaican should be fun. they are hard to find nowadays and a bitch to grow. I've never heard of either of those two. I wan't to get some of the orange hill indica alot of the rastas are so fond of.

Last edited:

KingRalph

yay hybrids? any landraces MOD? or ya work for arjan? lol just foolin... nice sativas ya got there, but it's like the difference between a nice juicy chicken breast an a processed chicken nugget. just somethin about those unadulterated landraces...

motaco keep us posted on that jamaican! :)

question about that krush... why did they consider it a sativa? long flowering time? :p i wonder if the high is all uppity in the head... if it really has that sativa quality then what a catch! with sticky yields like that mmm

peace n green thumbs all, now bring those landraces outta the woodwork!

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
motaco said:
about the apple pie and the jamaican. I grew WN which is a cross of viet black and HN. grew some f2's too. be interesting to see how it comes out. unfortunately all the RM AG cuts I saw floating around weren't too impressive and they all hermied. But RM isn't an asshole it must produce nice weed under the right circumstance.

The hermie AG cuts you probally saw were probally Odin Hammer (AG x Kodiak Gold), I heard they hermied alot. I want to get WN sooner or later, as a matter of fact LP#1 and Willie Nelson is on my Sativa list for sure.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
i bet the 12.5 week JH is alot more potent and well worth the wait.

closet funk im curious do you have a grow thread going for you blue streak's?
if you do please direct me to it. good luck

beancounter

Veteran
motaco said:
yeah old lynz had the krush. and boo had it too.

definately some of the good ones with the good ones.

those are lynz's pics.

KingRalph said:
question about that krush... why did they consider it a sativa? long flowering time? :p i wonder if the high is all uppity in the head... if it really has that sativa quality then what a catch! with sticky yields like that mmm

I will ask the person I got it from, but I assumed that based on the large stretch (I don't even know what % that would be, like 1000%?), the long flowering time, and the very thin leaves in veg. And yes, this person is very experienced in the sativa stone, been a sativa fanatic for decades. They have always named it as their #1 sativa for high, and hands down favorite plant.

It is EXTREMELY hard to follow the growing instructions with this cut, it goes against all growing instincts. Topping a clone down to 4 nodes at 15 days 12-12 jus does not feel right, considering you're taking off about 10-12" and gave it zero veg. I could barely bring myself to do it. Now my plants are 2-2.5 tall and still stretching, from 4", at 15 days, just not normal for many sativas let alone indicas, and I'm glad I followed thru, as they are 4 top beauties.

Although I haven't grown any of the super long flowering landrace sats so I've never felt the real wrath of an insanely stretchy sat to compare it to.

I'm not saying it is an Afghan sativa, just that's what it's supposed to be. I would be the 3rd person in the chain from Afghanistan if this is true.

I hesitate posting this strain & info as it's raised some heated arguments in the past, and those I can do without. But I feel it should be documented here since OG is gone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts