What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chai

Watersnake

Chai is an indian tea. Now, while this recipe does not call directly for herb, use your imagination. I worked developing this, and most people have liked it.
Here we go:
A delicious chai developed over a period of time. Amounts depend upon your taste, and can be varied. (I don’t dig anise for instance, but I miss it if just a tad is not in the mix.) Go to a reliable organic store for good fresh and less expensive products!! Or shop online at Penzie’s the best supplier of fresh spice I ever found. http://www.penzeys.com/ Don’t skimp on freshness or quality. You may have guessed Chai is a passion of mine.
6-7 Cups water at a simmer in a nice sized pot
½ Tsp fennel or anise seed
8-10 green cardamom pods
10 cloves
5 allspice seeds
1-1 ½ cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp black pepper corns
*½ of a good sized slit and scraped vanilla bean
unless using extract. If so see below.* I like to O.D. on vanilla.

Crush the seeds a few times with mortar and pestle, then add:
About 1” ginger root, sliced & well smashed, & not necessary to peel.
After water is at a slow boil add above ingredients
Simmer for 15 min, stir occasionally, and watch carefully

Then add 4 (plus or minus) tbsp. good quality black loose tea…Irish Breakfast or Darjelling, for instance…NO Green Tea!!! It’ll ruin it…no decaf either. Add:
1 Cup milk (Goat’s milk is really good, or half & half)
*1-2 tbsp vanilla extract if not using vanilla bean*
Watch it closely. Stir frequently for about 10 min so no scorching happens,
treat it like a baby.
Strain very well
Add:
6 Tbsp honey, turbinado or brown sugar or to taste, or use Splenda if you need to for medical reasons.
Gee, I wonder what a little tincture might do in this????

Oh yeah, this is really good too:
Chai cake
Reduce the above by light simmering
Use in place of moisture in home made scratch (or store bought)
White cake mix . Bake as usual. Dust while warm with confectioner’s sugar
and cinnamon mixture light on the cinnamon. Cool before cutting. Mmmmm.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
This is some good shizz too.

pacvanchai.jpg

Hitman

Sounds very interesting although the local grocer might not sell that blend. I'm going to read about Chais now Watersnake, you've inspired me. Where is the part where you get baked, no, jk, i'll use my imagination station. I want a girlfriend who is chai oriented.

Watersnake

Yeah, I have recieved compliments on it, and then there are some who find it a bit too vanilla flavored. I could bathe in vanilla. I've had girlfriends to wear a spot behind each ear, I've annointed the head of my cat with vanilla. (wonder what vanilla beer would be like?).

Anyway, add alittle extra oil or yolk to the cake to make sure it is moist. Most people dig it special when I make it.

Snake

Hitman

How to make Fluffy Flap Jacks Hitman Style

How to make Fluffy Flap Jacks Hitman Style

:joint: Hitman's Pancakes

Ingredients:
1-1/2 c FLOUR (Use a fork to lighten it up if you don't have a sifter)
1 tsp SALT
1 tbs BAKING POWDER
1 tsp BAKING SODA
1/2 c BROWN SUGAR or WHITE SUGAR

1 tbs MOLASSES
1 tsp OIL: Canola (Highest Heat) Vegetable (Medium Heat) Olive Oil (Low)
1 or 2 SOFT BROWNING BANANAS (lots of sugars from the aged bananas)
1/4-1/2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
2 c MILK or WATER (a cup of each will work, or all of either)
1 EGG
CINNAMON A Pinch (In batter and on top of buttered pancakes)
BUTTER (Apply to pancake after flipping over)

1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a pitcher.
2. Use a sifter or a fork to mix up the dry ingredients (Keep it light and fluffy)
3. Combine milk and water, egg, oil, molasses, vanilla, and mashed bananas
4. Gently mix you wet ingredients with your dry ingredients

(Dry flour should be seen in your batter. If you mix if up like a blender your pancakes will be tough, you want them airy like cake.)

Have fun adding Blue berries or anything else to add a happy face :wave:

Bon Apetite :joint:

Watersnake

Flapjacks/Waffles/Maybe Rachael Ray will visit me.

Flapjacks/Waffles/Maybe Rachael Ray will visit me.

Speaking of flapjacks....

I've used pancake mix (or better Belgian waffle mix) a bit light on the moisture and folded in cooked high quality oatmeal (and plenty of vanilla, of course) along with some turbinado in with mix. Add berries if you want. Bake in a waffle maker.

They freexe well and I eat as finger food with no syrup. The dogs dig a few bites too, which is ok 'cause they aren't overly sweet.