What's new

Landraces and Countries of Orgin

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I'm doing a little experiment because I'm bored. I was sitting back and thinking of making a list of all the Landraces and where they originated from. I think this would be great for growers like me who are interested in collecting landraces from certain countries. So if you know where certain landraces originated from then feel free to add to the list.

Africa:
Malawi Gold
Durban Poison

Afghanistan & Kush Region:
Deep Chunk
Afghani #1
Hindu Kush
Lebanese Hash Plant
Petrolia Headstash

Alaska:
Matanuska Thunderfuck
Kodiak Gold

Australia:

Burma:
Burmese

Canada:

Colombia:
Santa Marta Gold

China:

Hawaaii:

Jamaica:
Jamaican Lambsbread

Mexico:
Acapulco Gold
Oaxaca
Guerrero
Michochan

Morocco:

Nepal:
Nepalese

Thailand:
Juicy Fruit
Highland Thai

United States:

Vietnam:
Vietnamese Black

That's all I can think of right off the bat. Feel free to add countries and more strains.

Tripco

More.
Africa:
Transkei Green
Congolese
Ethiopian Highland
Zambian Copper
Tanzanian Magic
Nigerian Nightmare (not sure if it's Landrace)
Swazi
Afghanistan/Pakistan
Mazar-i-Shariff
Kandakhar
Yarkhun
Chitral (?)
I'm not sure if Matanuska Th. and Kodiac are landraces. Accoriding to some definitions, ot takes 50 or more years for a strain to be considered as a landrace.
Australia:
Old Mother Sativa (not sure if it's around for 50 years)
Brazil:
Brazilian Lemon
Manga Rosa
China/Tibet/Mongolia:
Chinese Indica
Tibetan Indica
Mongolian Indica
Columbia:
Columbian Red (Panama Red is very similar, probably it's the same strain)
India:
Kerala
Mysore
Jamaica:
Sugar Bush
Orange Hill
Morocco:
Maroc
Vietnam:
Dalat

Reign of Terror

highland thai is too general my friend

forgot chocolate thai
coconut thai
meao (rainbow) thai

mexico:
zacetas purple
lima limon

china:
yunnan indica

morrocco
moroocan hashplant, maroc is a commerical strain

lamsbread is said to be haze, so cross that out

islands:
zamal
guatemalan
paraguayan
fijian
kiwi
png

afghan region
afghan sativa
purple khybar afghani
kandahar
gold seal afghani
g-13 (prob)
maple leaf indica
uzbekistan

nepalese
purpurea ticinesis (origns)

columbia
lumbo gold
lumbo red
lumbo creepy

pakistan
purple pakistan

shit, you know how many differnt varieties there are for afghan regions, pakistan, nepalese, lebanese

Reign of Terror

tajikistan:
tajikistani

brazil:
amerelo
original green
red sativa

nigreian nightmare is not a landrace

africa:
senglenese
camerron
anglonese red
shotokata (sp)
shurma (sp)

belize
belieian sativa

vietnamese black is a chinese x dalat hybrid, not a landrace

turkey
turkish indica

japan
hokkaido

phillipines
thrilla from manilla
any other filipino sativa, thres a lot

Reign of Terror

anything and everything else

Acapulco Gold (Mexico), Amazonas (Colombia), Bermudian, Black Gungeon (India), Blue Sky Blond (Col.), Bolivian, Brazilian, Orange Colombian, Colombian Gold, Colombian Mona, Colombian Red, Colombian Red Gold, Colombian Chiba, Stickless Colombian, Colombian Multicolored, Culiacan (Mex.), Guadalajara Green, Guatemalan, Guerrero Gold (Mex.), Guerrero Green, Hawaiian Blue, Honduran, Jamaican Blue Mountain, Kali (Jamaica), Kauai (Hawaii), Kerala Grass (Ind.), Kona Gold (Haw.), Kona Green, Leper Grass (Haw.), Llanos Green (Col.), Machu Picchu (Peru), Mad Jag (Haw.), Malawian, Manizales Black (Col.), Maui (Haw.), Maui Wowie, Mauna Loa (Haw.), Michoacan (Mex.), Misawan Gold (Japan), Misawan Purple, Molokai Magic, Nayarit Yellow (Mex.), Nepalese, Nicaraguan, Nigerian Black, Oahu (Haw.), Oaxacan (Mex.), Oaxacan Red, Panama Red, Popo Oro (Mex.), Pueblo (Mex.), Puna Butter (Haw.), Punta Roja (Col.), Santa Marta Gold (Col.), Santa Marta Red, Sinaloan (Mex.), Sumatran, Thai, Torreon Violet (Mex.), Venezuelan, Vietnamese, Wacky Weed (Col.), Yucatan (Mex.), Zacatecas Purple (Mex.).

C

Chamba

I think it might be a good idea to firstly define the words "Landrace" and "strain"

Limeygreen

Veteran
Does anyone know of the cannabis varieties that the Aztecs and Mayans smoked, I assume that they smoked different varities and in different villages etc there would be different strains. They should be landraces but I would love to know if anyone can shine some light on it.

Reign of Terror

prob somethin south american, no clue

chamba, the hell you talkin about...i correct the ones which were strains, everything else here are landraces

Reign of Terror

there all in the list i gave

but remeber, a lot of strains names are from drug runners, and they would do anything to get some money, so some strains maybe the same thing as another, take it with a grain of salt.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I found a good Hawaiian IBL. Federation Seeds carries the Hawaiian Sativa. It supposed to be stable and 100% Sativa.

Reign of Terror

a lot of drug runners would change names of certain buds, just to say its new. it get business + money and to them thats all that matters

C

Chamba

Chamba wrote "I think it might be a good idea to firstly define the words "Landrace" and "strain""

Reign of wrote "chamba, the hell you talkin about...i correct the ones which were strains, everything else here are landraces"

Chamba replied "or don't..and run the risk of this thread being regarded as ludicrous"

btw RoT.....is anything you post based on first hand knowledge?

Tripco

Pakistan - Laspur Gold
Paraguay- Paraguay Sativa
Both were listed in OG Strainguide under Landrace, but i didn't saved the descriptions.

Latest posts

Latest posts