What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

T-Shirt Design Contest

G

Billygoat Seed Co. T-Shirt Design Contest

Afternoon everyone, just got the approval from Gypsy to run a contest. It's been alittle slow here with some contests, so i figure i would jump in and start a contest for every. Plus, i need alittle help coming up with a design for one of my t-shirts i'm going to have printed.

Ok, onto the contest. I'm going to have a t-shirt printed with my Bangkok Betty cross name on it. I want the t-shirt with Bangkok Betty on it and also Billygoat Seed co. I'm posting this picture i found on the internet and it is not mine. I'm thinking a shirt with a asain man like in the picture. With the back drop with some mountains and Thai cannabis plants in the back ground. I'm also looking for the design to be in cartoon or anime formatt. I'm looking for a cartoon design in about 4-5 color's. Ok, I'm guessing the contest is going to run about one full month. Once the full month is over. I will pick a winner and go over any changes i might want. The winner will be asked to make any changes i might need. I'll add more to what i need and don't need later. I just wanted to get this thread started and going.

Prize's

1st Place $150
2nd Place $30
3nd Place $20

All prizes are in the form of credit that will be spent at Seedboutique. Once i have picked the winner's. I will contact Gypsy with the info and the winner's can spend their winning's as they see fit, but only the amount won. I hope everyone enjoys the contest. The contest will end at 7-11-06 @ 4:20 EST. Nothing will be accepted after that time and date. Good luck to all and have fun. More contest will come later on, so if you don't win this time around. There will be other chances.
Take care,
BG

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi BG i just might give this one a whirl, have to put on my thinking cap.

bonz

G

Where is the Graphics Guru Gamera?? Anyone know... I am sure Gam. could throw something together like what Gam did for Rezdog. Those shirts looked killer. :wave:

G

Morning everyone, thanks for stopping by. I was going to get Gamera to do my ad's for High Times, Heads, and maybe one of the UK magazines for the book i'm writing, but since my Graphic designer is majorly MIA. I'm looking for some new talent's. If Gamera is around. I really hope he drop's in. I had Pittbull doing all my graphic's, but he's MIA. Plus, i wanted to get alittle contest rolling for everyone to enjoy and have alittle fun. I'm thinking about doing a few T-shirts, so there will be other contest for other shirt. I'm lining things up, because once i relocate. I will be having a full line of gear, so stick around. I hope to see something posted by the end of this weekend, but think we should start seeing some work posted this week. Good luck to everyone entering their work. Thanks and take care everyone. Post any question you might have.
BG

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
So good to see that things are starting to roll after all youve gone through bro, Pittbull sure is mia, havent seen him in ages but is Gamera also missing? :confused:

G

Farmer John said:
So good to see that things are starting to roll after all youve gone through bro, Pittbull sure is mia, havent seen him in ages but is Gamera also missing? :confused:

Morning Farmer John, me and Pittbull have been talking back and forth through e-mail for about a year or so. I know he had a baby on the way and close to dure date, but nothing from him in about two months. He had the last work on the back cover of the book and finished up the cover. I hope Gamera does show up. Talked to him about the Magazine ad work and he was going to do it for me, maybe i can get him to finish up the book for me. Since i can't get entouch with PB. I'm sure there is alot of talent here at IC and i'm hoping this talent search finds some. I've got alot of work and i don't mind hooking members up through Seedboutique with a spending spree.
Take care,
BG

D

Despie

I've designed a few t-shirts in my day. I'm gonna start on my design today. Also, is there a limited as to how many we can submit because I want to do 2 or 3?

I also want to clairify that you want the design to be of exactly what you described and nothing else?

R

Ronley

I saw Gamera over on B R E E D bay. His last posting was 3 weeks ago.

BG what do you think of this image. I dont know Photoshop, but if you like the image and someone who knows photoshop, then they could put a marajuana leaf or your logo on the placard that the one chinese man is holding.( or something like that )
Its an image painted on Silk from the Song Dynasty.

Last edited:
G

Despie said:
I've designed a few t-shirts in my day. I'm gonna start on my design today. Also, is there a limited as to how many we can submit because I want to do 2 or 3?

I also want to clairify that you want the design to be of exactly what you described and nothing else?

Afternoon, you can design as many different designs as you like. The more designs the better. Ask as many question as you like. Thanks for the help and looking forward to your work
Thanks and take care,
BG

G

Hey Ronley, thanks for the update on Gamera. I'll look him up over there. That helps out alot and maybe i can get him on the book and get him to finish up the work. Thanks a ton

As for the T-shirt. I really like the picture i posted. A little asain man smoking out of a pipe with a asain back drop. Mountains, river and maybe some Thai plants in the back ground. Another thing that i'm looking for. Is the design to be a Cartoon type of design. I know this might be alot to ask for and some people might not be up to the task. Any art work is more then welcome. I might see something else that i like besides the idea i have in my head. The more idea's the better, so bring them on. Thanks for the post Ronley, but i'm looking for something with a little old asain guy smoking or something like that.
Thanks,
BG

Ronley said:
I saw Gamera over on B R E E D bay. His last posting was 3 weeks ago.

BG what do you think of this image. I dont know Photoshop, but if you like the image and someone who knows photoshop, then they could put a marajuana leaf or your logo on the placard that the one chinese man is holding.( or something like that )
Its an image painted on Silk from the Song Dynasty.

Xdox

ok this sounds fun Ill give it a go, only thing is though what about the thai marijuana plants? When you say you want them in the background anywhere specifically? Got any pics of some Thai plants? Thats it cool thanks.

G

Ok, here is a anime cartoon for those who don't understand what i'm looking for. If we could do a Asian guy smoking a pipe like the picture. In the form of the Anime cartoon i posted. That would be great and what i'm looking for, but if you have something that you think will be a good idea. Please do post it and we will give it a look. Can't wait to see you members posting up some works. Thanks again for all your help.
Take care,
BG

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
hey GDW try and get some of the pics of betty when she was big before the wind storm

5779-09_001.jpg

G

Hey Chucky, thanks for the picture. Man, i was so sad when you posted the bad news on the gail force winds that ripped that girl in half. Boy, those plants your growing now are really kicking ass.

Beem getting some question about using a women for the character. I don't have a problem with a female character. I just want to make sure that any female characer are tasteful. No whore's or anything like that. Just something nice and tastful. Any question can be posted here or PM me. Remember everyone. You got a whole full montht to work out your design or designs. I'm thinking about somemore prized, but i'll talk about that more later on. Can't wait to start seeing some work get posted. No rush, good luck and thanks
Take care,
BG

G

Very nice madhatter. Nice to see some members posting their work. Keep them coming everyone. You got one full month to get your designs all worked out and ready for judging. I hope everyone enjoys them selves and has a great time.
Thanks again

D

Despie

Been working hard on mine......I might post a pic of the rough design or maybe I wont. I dont want to scare away the competition because I love competition ......j/k but the design is coming along great. Also GDW I was wondering if you could post a pic of your logo I could go off of. I'm sure I could find it but im to busy working on my design!!!!!!

Good Luck everyone...............your gonna need it!!!!!
Stay Safe
-DespiE

P.S: before anyone rags on me for talking smack im only joking!!!!!!

Last edited:
G

Thanks for your hard work. I can't wait to see everyone's work. As for my logo and working from it. I'm going to get a new one made up, so everything will be fesh for my Big Return. Billygoat Seed co. is good enough for now. Later on i'll have a new logo design made. Thanks everyone for all your hard work.
Take care

Despie said:
Been working hard on mine......I might post a pic of the rough design or maybe I wont. I dont want to scare away the competition because I love competition ......j/k but the design is coming along great. Also GDW I was wondering if you could post a pic of your logo I could go off of. I'm sure I could find it but im to busy working on my design!!!!!!

Good Luck everyone...............your gonna need it!!!!!
Stay Safe
-DespiE

P.S: before anyone rags on me for talking smack im only joking!!!!!!